5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guysramrebel

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I upgraded my 8.4 inch nav screen to a 12.1 inch screen from infotainment.com everything works great but I have been battling uconnect to stop sending me updates for the 8.4 screen and to switch it to the 12.1 updates. Uconnect says only my dealer can do it and guess what the dealer doesn’t want to. Any advice on this? Same luck on Siriusxm Guardian they say only the dealer can transfer my past service to the new screen. I’m guessing I’m out of luck. Has anyone else ever dealt with this issue? I need the 12.1 screen to be switched in there system so I can start receiving the connection again for features like Siriusxm Guardian, WiFi, correct updates etc. Thank you in advance if anyone can help.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Only the dealer can do it and from what I've seen on here, no dealer will do it.

georgesrt2020

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I upgraded my 8.4 inch nav screen to a 12.1 inch screen from infotainment.com everything works great but I have been battling uconnect to stop sending me updates for the 8.4 screen and to switch it to the 12.1 updates. Uconnect says only my dealer can do it and guess what the dealer doesn’t want to. Any advice on this? Same luck on Siriusxm Guardian they say only the dealer can transfer my past service to the new screen. I’m guessing I’m out of luck. Has anyone else ever dealt with this issue? I need the 12.1 screen to be switched in there system so I can start receiving the connection again for features like Siriusxm Guardian, WiFi, correct updates etc. Thank you in advance if anyone can help.
Your Uconnect App is not working ? to unlock lock etc from your phone? - I switched mine and it is still working, just Radio ID is still showing the old radio

Guysramrebel

Reaction score
Your Uconnect App is not working ? to unlock lock etc from your phone? - I switched mine and it is still working, just Radio ID is still showing the old radio
That’s the good part the phone remote works including send and go remote start etc and the WiFi works also. The thing is the Nav says offline which is annoying so I can’t search a lot of places. Also every week or so there will be an install of old apps from my 8.4 Nav that suddenly downloads out of no where onto the 12.1 screen which causes the off road pages to go half screen and uconnect market pops up. Only way to fix it is to hard reset the whole system

infotainment.com told me that I have to let unconnect know so they can start sending me correct updates instead of 8.4 updates. Sadly dealer nor them will do it.

Guysramrebel

Reaction score
No my Nav is not offline it works, but my off-road pages looks like its still for a 8.4" screen. Infotainment told you to call Uconnect ?
Yeah, same with mine, Nav will go online when it downloads the same install updates from my 8.4 inch screen but off road pages goes half screen which I hate. So I end up restarting the screen and off road pages goes back to full screen but Nav goes offline. They told me to call unconnect to have them send 12.1 screen updates and not the same 8.4 screen updates, but unconnect says only dealer can do that (I have spoken to everyone and there mama down at unconnect and get the same answers) although my dealer doesn’t wanna do it but another dealer said they would I have an appointment December 1st I’ll keep you updated. If you find out anything also let me know!

Attachments

• 0A20C56B-7E19-492D-AF19-E643E8ECD7E5.jpeg
    0A20C56B-7E19-492D-AF19-E643E8ECD7E5.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 18

Users who are viewing this thread