5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12” Software update is out

azzx

Reaction score
Finally had mine updated. took about 40 minutes this time!
So far cant tell a difference. Voice recognition is still inoperative - grayed out

Viper67

Reaction score
I’m at the dealer now. Doing the air bag recall and the nav update if they can find it. I have them the nav # so will see in an hour or so.

rconiv

Reaction score
I’m at the dealer now. Doing the air bag recall and the nav update if they can find it. I have them the nav # so will see in an hour or so.
Mine is going in next Thursday for the airbag update, will have to ask about the nav, since it would be nice to not have maps from 2017. Hopefully it doesn't take to long, I have other things I need to do before heading out for camping and a conference for the weekend.

RHut

Reaction score
Mine is going in next Thursday for the airbag update, will have to ask about the nav, since it would be nice to not have maps from 2017. Hopefully it doesn't take to long, I have other things I need to do before heading out for camping and a conference for the weekend.
I’d be ok with 2017 maps. Right now I have 5 blinking dots.

LaramieLonghorn19

Reaction score
New to the forums, definitely hoping this update fixes some issues. Does anyone that has had it know if it makes the crappy H/K system sound better? I had a '15 Challenger with the H/K system in it and the audio loudness and quality was lacking in that system compared to the Alpine systems. So much so that they came out with an update for the vehicles with those systems that made them sound like an actual 900 watt system. I was driving my dad's 15 Laramie earlier tonight with the Alpine system and the SXM signal sounds so much clearer and is WAY louder than what the H/K system sounds like in my new Ram. This is a serious issue IMO. I can turn the unit all the way to 38 and still basically carry on a normal conversation. Highly disappointed in the sound quality AGAIN with this system. I figured after that fiasco 4 years ago they would have fixed the problem.

LaramieLonghorn19

Reaction score
They did the exact same thing for the DT trucks with the HK. Check the TSB / Recall section of this forum, it's in there. There's also multiple threads on it as well.
Thanks, I found it on here after doing some more digging. Mine definitely falls into needing this update. I just printed it off and will take it to them when I take mine in for the recalls that need fixing as well.

BernieR

Reaction score
Hello All,

Purchased my 2019 RAM Limited in Oct 2018. Have had issues with 12" screen since new. ( starting on the preview channel --- 360L not working --- bluetooth drop outs ect) They did the May software update a few weeks ago. The unit was working a bit better. The starting on the preview channel had stopped BUT yesterday I got in the truck in the morning and no sound through the radio! No bluetooth sound, no radio , nothing!

I took it back to the dealer and the service writer witnessed the issue. There were error codes stored as well. Then the next morning when the tech started the vehicle he claims it was working fine. He found the stored error codes and has started a new STAR case. See attached that explains a related issue they claim is part of the problem. The error codes noted are the same error codes the tech said was stored....

Attachments

• Scan Jun 21, 2019 at 1.33 PM.pdf
    985.5 KB · Views: 87

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay, so I had the TSB update done yesterday morning (see attached photo for version). A lot of folks in this thread are apparently still having issues even with this latest version. For me, everything seems to be working correctly now, even remote start with the Uconnect app after sitting overnight (although I never experienced this particular issue). I no longer get the XM preview channel on start up nor am I missing the artwork in the XM preset numbers. The lag for the music to start playing after starting the truck seems to be much less now too. The only thing that I noticed is that under my XM listener profile button, it always shows my subscription expires in "1 days". It used to show the exact amount of days left in my 1 year fee trial. After the update I had to reset my XM presets and all my Nav settings went back to default. All other settings remained as I set them previously. Good luck for those still having issues.
Can anyone point me in the direction of finding my "radio part information" settings as mentioned and shown in the above post so I can check if I have the recent update? I notice that my HK sound improved after a service visit yesterday and I suspect I may have received the update but I would like to confirm. Also, I attached my sirius system settings. Can someone let me know if this looks like the most recent version?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the direction of finding my "radio part information" settings as mentioned and shown in the above post so I can check if I have the recent update? I notice that my HK sound improved after a service visit yesterday and I suspect I may have received the update but I would like to confirm. Also, I attached my sirius system settings. Can someone let me know if this looks like the most recent version?
View attachment 29572

Hold down the two outermost icons in your bottom row until the dealer menu appears. You can then see hw, fw, and sw version info.

Reactions: Jtr

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hold down the two outermost icons in your bottom row until the dealer menu appears. You can then see hw, fw, and sw version info.
Thanks, I'll give it a try tonight. I was trying to use the old method of the driver temperature settings and defrost buttons. Would be nice if this was in the vehicle manual.:unsure:

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
Not an accurate statement. The access speed to the Internet is usually the limiting factor. Sometimes I get a faster connection over LTE on my phone than I get on my home wired network.

Even in computer networking terms, it depends on the speed of the wired technology. With advancements in WLAN technologies, WiFi could be faster than wired depending on the technology used.

Where wired tends to always have the advantage is related to signal quality.
When testing network technologies wired Always has the capability than being faster than wireless. The fastest sustained lte speeds in the world averaged only 54mbps as of june 2019. If you were to use a consumer wireless ac router and had a Gigabit internet connection from your provider the wired will still always be faster due to the inherent limitations caused by wireless frequencies and surrounding structures. Sure if I had a 10 year old router then most likely my cell phone would be faster.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How many of us have Gigabit Internet connections at home? Those that do will be in the minority. Comcast recently bumped up our cable modem speeds and for what I'm willing to pay I get about 84 Mbps down and 6 Mbps up.

Fastest sustained LTE in the US is currently Verizon just shy of 54 Mbps down and a little over 17 Mbps up.

I have 802.11ac (aka WiFi 5) at home which is usually 1.35 Gbps (Capable of 1.7 Mbps), yet my wired network is 1 Gb.

Wired could currently be 10Gbps, but how many of us have that at home?

I'm only talking about consumer technologies in this thread.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How many of us have Gigabit Internet connections at home? Those that do will be in the minority. Comcast recently bumped up our cable modem speeds and for what I'm willing to pay I get about 84 Mbps down and 6 Mbps up.

Fastest sustained LTE in the US is currently Verizon just shy of 54 Mbps down and a little over 17 Mbps up.

I have 802.11ac (aka WiFi 5) at home which is usually 1.35 Gbps (Capable of 1.7 Mbps), yet my wired network is 1 Gb.

Wired could currently be 10Gbps, but how many of us have that at home?

I'm only talking about consumer technologies in this thread.
A few of us, or at least @Neurobit and me, based on posts in this thread. At the moment, I'm clocking about 920 / 960 Mbps over Cat 7 from the gateway, which is just a little on the slow side. I can often top 600 Mbps over WiFi from my secondary ASUS router (a beam-forming 802.11ac beast that is capable of 3167 Mbps). You'd be surprised at how little I pay for this service compared to cable.

I know I'm not helping us stay on topic here, but there's some validity in the idea of having us connect our trucks to WiFi at home and perhaps enabling some secure connection for FCA to push OTA updates more efficiently.

Users who are viewing this thread