5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12” Software update is out

Neokane

Reaction score
Pretty Sad this "just came out"
My rebel with 12" screen (build date 1/22) has had this version.
USA-SBX-12.1-NR-28.1.0-20181108-N0G1

Still has lots of issues..

rconiv

Reaction score
The TSB mentions voice recognition as one of the fixes. Does anyone know if that fixes the voice command feature in the NAV system that has been inoperable since we got our vehicles?
Is that the issue, where you use search, and it asks you to talk to it, and it says, sorry couldn't understand you after thinking for a bit, try again. Trying to find locations on that nav system is hard. I was on Vancouver Island over the weekend trying to find Butchard Gardens, and had to eventually give up, and use my phone to find an address, since just putting in the name doesn't seem to be an option, and the search is only voice input.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that the issue, where you use search, and it asks you to talk to it, and it says, sorry couldn't understand you after thinking for a bit, try again. Trying to find locations on that nav system is hard. I was on Vancouver Island over the weekend trying to find Butchard Gardens, and had to eventually give up, and use my phone to find an address, since just putting in the name doesn't seem to be an option, and the search is only voice input.
If you are in Nav there is a microphone at the top right of the screen that has never worked for anyone. It is actually grey and if you touch it nothing happens. Supposedly that function was due to be fixed at some point. I was wondering if anyone knows whether the TSB resolves this issue too.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
This is making me wish I could just connect my Ram to my home WiFi network. I have 1 Gbps down/up, and I can pull more than 600 Mbps over WiFi.
Me too. I have the exact same setup (AT&T Gigabit Fiber). Best thing since sliced bread... :cool:

ADJS

Reaction score
That is why car makers shouldn't be software coders LOL.
Not sure about Chrysler, but, a lot of infotainment systems are coded by and run Blackberry. They ditched the phone market and do a ton of work in the automotive infotainment market.

azzx

Reaction score
Do Not Waste your time!
Make sure your dealer has successfully done a few upgrades before you commit to this upgrade.
I will write up my rants about wasting a whole day at my dealer trying to do this upgrade.
It failed after 7 hours. It maybe a dealer issues or a software issue, regardless it needs to be a matter of concern to FCA that many of it's dealers dont understand the tech. involved in supporting this truck. I don't blame my dealer, they know what they know which is not much as it relates to the software upgrades for this truck.

It is 21st century - one should be able to do over the air updates.

ADJS

Reaction score
Do Not Waste your time!
Make sure your dealer has successfully done a few upgrades before you commit to this upgrade.
I will write up my rants about wasting a whole day at my dealer trying to do this upgrade.
It failed after 7 hours. It maybe a dealer issues or a software issue, regardless it needs to be a matter of concern to FCA that many of it's dealers dont understand the tech. involved in supporting this truck. I don't blame my dealer, they know what they know which is not much as it relates to the software upgrades for this truck.

It is 21st century - one should be able to do over the air updates.
+ By hooking to their home wifi as an option. :)

azzx

Reaction score
Agreed - my WIFI is faster than my dealers!
What P......s me off the most is that they had my truck sitting there idling for 6 hours during the failed update (otherwise the process would drain the battery). Finally i walked back to the shop and they show me the damn screen with the progress bar sitting at 0% ---- after 6 hours!!!
I told them to abort this BS update, there is something wrong if it is not past 0% after all of this time. somehow i dont think it is good for any car sitting there idling for 6 hours!
I love the truck and FCA did bang up job designing it but they have failed supporting the tech. I have talked to many others that have gone to other dealers and the story is the same.

2020RamDoc

Reaction score

Tried that. Worked when I shut it off the first time but now back to square 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed - my WIFI is faster than my dealers!
What P......s me off the most is that they had my truck sitting there idling for 6 hours during the failed update (otherwise the process would drain the battery). Finally i walked back to the shop and they show me the **** screen with the progress bar sitting at 0% ---- after 6 hours!!!
I told them to abort this BS update, there is something wrong if it is not past 0% after all of this time. somehow i dont think it is good for any car sitting there idling for 6 hours!
I love the truck and FCA did bang up job designing it but they have failed supporting the tech. I have talked to many others that have gone to other dealers and the story is the same.
they could leave it on a battery charger .

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would be faster if they allowed the customer to create a USB flash drive to connect to the truck.

Another option would be to allow the UConnect app on a phone to download the content via WiFi. Connect phone to truck USB port and update.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Would be faster if they allowed the customer to create a USB flash drive to connect to the truck.

Another option would be to allow the UConnect app on a phone to download the content via WiFi. Connect phone to truck USB port and update.
You don't understand. That would make entirely too much sense...

Omarf4

Reaction score
You don't understand. That would make entirely too much sense...

Too much sense......

@RamCares , please push the feedback to whomever can help, let's make this update available to download to a USB stick and have the consumer perform their own upgrade. The most tech advanced truck should have basic concepts behind infotainment software upgrades.. not a trip to dealer and overnight stay for a 10GB update just so the radio can work better or the mic can work as advertised.

Volkster

Reaction score
Okay, so I had the TSB update done yesterday morning (see attached photo for version). A lot of folks in this thread are apparently still having issues even with this latest version. For me, everything seems to be working correctly now, even remote start with the Uconnect app after sitting overnight (although I never experienced this particular issue). I no longer get the XM preview channel on start up nor am I missing the artwork in the XM preset numbers. The lag for the music to start playing after starting the truck seems to be much less now too. The only thing that I noticed is that under my XM listener profile button, it always shows my subscription expires in "1 days". It used to show the exact amount of days left in my 1 year fee trial. After the update I had to reset my XM presets and all my Nav settings went back to default. All other settings remained as I set them previously. Good luck for those still having issues.

Attachments

• Radio Version_060219.jpg
    Radio Version_060219.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 155

azzx

Reaction score
Okay, so I had the TSB update done yesterday morning (see attached photo for version). A lot of folks in this thread are apparently still having issues even with this latest version. For me, everything seems to be working correctly now, even remote start with the Uconnect app after sitting overnight (although I never experienced this particular issue). I no longer get the XM preview channel on start up nor am I missing the artwork in the XM preset numbers. The lag for the music to start playing after starting the truck seems to be much less now too. The only thing that I noticed is that under my XM listener profile button, it always shows my subscription expires in "1 days". It used to show the exact amount of days left in my 1 year fee trial. After the update I had to reset my XM presets and all my Nav settings went back to default. All other settings remained as I set them previously. Good luck for those still having issues.

I thought the software version should be 28.1
Pic of your screen shows the old version 18.45.40?

azzx

Reaction score
got it - thanks -- BTW how long did it take for them to update the SW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/