0-60 Time with the 5.7L and 3.92 axle

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
Hey all, figured I've posted on enough threads now to comfortably make my own. Since I am at 1100+ miles now, beyond the recommended break-in, I felt it was safe to do a proper wide open throttle acceleration run.

I couldn't find any 0-60 videos that were for-certain running a 3.92 axle ratio before buying my truck, so hopefully this video helps those on the fence deciding on a gear ratio. I was fairly impressed! I did a few tries with the stopwatch just to get a consistent range, and was getting times between 5.85 and 6 seconds - not bad at all for a 5300lbs crew cab!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, figured I've posted on enough threads now to comfortably make my own. Since I am at 1100+ miles now, beyond the recommended break-in, I felt it was safe to do a proper wide open throttle acceleration run.

I couldn't find any 0-60 videos that were for-certain running a 3.92 axle ratio before buying my truck, so hopefully this video helps those on the fence deciding on a gear ratio. I was fairly impressed! I did a few tries with the stopwatch just to get a consistent range, and was getting times between 5.85 and 6 seconds - not bad at all for a 5300lbs crew cab!

I’m impressed that yours only weighs 5,300 lb...lol. Sitting at >6,000 here!

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
Wow! Very impressive!! I also have the 3.92 gear but only 200 miles on the odometer. Can't wait to run it hard in a few hundred miles.

Rudolf1974

Reaction score
Under 6 seconds is fast!
My 2017 F150 3.5 Ecoboost with 10 speed still felt faster than my 19 Ram though?? Not that it is super important of course.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
Under 6 seconds is fast!
My 2017 F150 3.5 Ecoboost with 10 speed still felt faster than my 19 Ram though?? Not that it is super important of course.
Haha, that 3.5 should definitely be quicker! I think those are around 5.7 to 60 or even a tad better than that. Definitely quick trucks. I looked at all three over the past six months - Silverado with 6.2L, F150 with 5.0 and 3.5, then finally the RAM.

Silverado just felt old, and the Ford dealer wouldn’t play ball with me on the numbers. Very happy with the RAM so far though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)