5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

0-60 time shocker.

Smerberj

Reaction score
My truck weighs 5883lbs based off door sticker and that lines up with what I've seen at the scales at the dump.

Theres no chance there's a truck that weighs 4800lbs.
Where exactly on the door sticker? I think you're speaking of the gross vehicle weight...

Smerberj

Reaction score
I checked the door, under the hood, and the owners manual and have not found anything saying how much my curb weight is.

Found this off a website. Like I said, I'm somewhere in the ballpark of 4,800 pounds.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210409-162246_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210409-162246_Chrome.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 21

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where exactly on the door sticker? I think you're speaking of the gross vehicle weight...
your stickers tell you the GVWR (white sticker) and the payload (yellow sticker "combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed (payload value))... subtract the payload from the GVWR and you have your curb weight.

that photo you posted is very generalized... for instance my Rebel weighs 5,979 lbs

Smerberj

Reaction score
your stickers tell you the GVWR (white sticker) and the payload (yellow sticker "combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed (payload value))... subtract the payload from the GVWR and you have your curb weight.
Your formula is a little off. It's GVRW - Tire & Load Capacity = Curb weight. My truck is 4,998 pounds.

Smerberj

Reaction score
These trucks can be almost 6,000lbs. Your truck weighs much more than 4,8000lbs. A Dodge charger weighs 4800lbs almost.
My trucks curb weight is 4,998 pounds. I wouldn't exactly say that's "much more" than 4,800. 🤓

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your formula is a little off. It's GVRW - Tire & Load Capacity = Curb weight. My truck is 4,998 pounds.
tire and load capactiy.... what exactly do you think payload is referring to? the value on your yellow sticker is your payload value.

GVWR - Payload= curb weight.

this is my first truck so maybe i'm way off...

@devildodge care to educate me?

Smerberj

Reaction score
tire and load capactiy.... what exactly do you think payload is referring to? the value on your yellow sticker is your payload value.

I read your first post incorrectly, I apologize.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

You are already educated @Vinnie. Spot on.

I have been trying to educate people today about the shift to 4low. Amazing how many people do not know to shift into neutral when shifting to 4low. And when the gears finally bang together...call their RAM a piece of ****

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My trucks curb weight is 4,998 pounds. I wouldn't exactly say that's "much more" than 4,800. 🤓
Post your door sticker.
GVWR - Payload = weight.
If you have an almost 2000lb payload that's impressive.

You said the heaviest the trucks get is 5300lbs. That is not correct

Last edited:

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
4900 lbs isn't unreasonable for a V6 Ram, my truck weighs 5200 lbs

1618019261825.png

That said, no way I believe those mods shaved 1.5 or even .5 off 0-60 times

Users who are viewing this thread