5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

0-60 time shocker.

Smerberj

Reaction score
LOL.....this a public forum. You act like you are new to social media.

You posted VERY questionable data and got called on it.

If any of the V8 or diesel owners posted something like that everyone would have asked the same questions regardless of engine type. I don't think we were hating just questioning the data.
Look... I'm just trying to sup up my V6 and take your daughter on a date... that's it, okay?

Smerberj

Reaction score
So I decided to try a different app to record my 0-60 times and the best I'm seeing is 6.4. Average is 6.6.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're watching.... because you know you won't keep up to us in that poky little diesel so why bother trying :p
I’m watching because it’s funny seeing boomers argue with the Ram equivalent of Tacoma bro’s. I didn’t buy a truck for speed. I have a Mercedes for that. Also, I’ll beat you in range any day. Cringe 😂

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m watching because it’s funny seeing boomers argue with the Ram equivalent of Tacoma bro’s. I didn’t buy a truck for speed. I have a Mercedes for that. Also, I’ll beat you in range any day. Cringe 😂

Boomer? Thanks for adding 30 years to my life. I've also gotten 23 - 25 MPG on all freeway, so ... yeah you may beat me in range but I won't complain either.

I actually have nothing against the ED and would have considered one if they were offered when I was buying my truck. Maybe next time, though I doubt it since I hear a 2500 calling my name too.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"But what do the numbers say? In our tests, the prudent V-6 Ram hit 60 mph in 8.5 seconds. As you may expect, that's a little slower than the Ram V-8s we've tested. Featured in a previous First Test, the 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab with a V-8 and without eTorque hit the mark in 6.1 seconds. A similar Long Horn 4x4 Crew Cab V-8, also without eTorque, came in at 6.3 seconds. A top-of-the-line Limited Crew Cab 4x4 V-8, the heaviest, managed 6.5 seconds with eTorque (the latter two trucks were tested at the same time as our six-cylinder eTorque tester).

The 2019 Ram with a V-6 is also slower than a rear-drive 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn V-6 we tested. That truck made the same exact standard horsepower and torque as the new V-6, but it managed the 0-60 run in 7.4 seconds."

-Motor Trend referencing the test of a 5th Gen Ram V6 with eTorque.
MotorTrend is a joke for performance numbers. Take them with a grain of salt

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 2020 Built to Serve 4wd 5.7 non-etorque ran 6.3 0-60 using TazerDT timer with just the Borla ATAK exhaust. Have ran a best of 6.05 0-60 after adding the Vararam intake

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Boomer? Thanks for adding 30 years to my life. I've also gotten 23 - 25 MPG on all freeway, so ... yeah you may beat me in range but I won't complain either.

I actually have nothing against the ED and would have considered one if they were offered when I was buying my truck. Maybe next time, though I doubt it since I hear a 2500 calling my name too.
I wasn't referring directly to you, hence the plural, rather in regards to others throughout the forum.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
MotorTrend is a joke for performance numbers. Take them with a grain of salt
Their claims aren't too far off since most 0-60 second sites have the V6 Ram in the high 7 to low 8 second range. It will all come down to the weight of the truck from options, cab configurations, etc....

Smerberj

Reaction score
For clarification I have a 2wd, my trucks weight is probably in the ballpark of 4,800 pounds. I see the heaviest these trucks get is 5,374 pounds. New 0-60 time app I'm using is showing 6.4 best, 6.6 average.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For clarification I have a 2wd, my trucks weight is probably in the ballpark of 4,800 pounds. I see the heaviest these trucks get is 5,374 pounds. New 0-60 time app I'm using is showing 6.4 best, 6.6 average.
These trucks can be almost 6,000lbs. Your truck weighs much more than 4,8000lbs. A Dodge charger weighs 4800lbs almost.

silver billet

Reaction score

Just post your door sticker. Also I don't trust any measurement from an app on a phone to that degree of accuracy (10'ths of a second).

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck weighs 5883lbs based off door sticker and that lines up with what I've seen at the scales at the dump.

Theres no chance there's a truck that weighs 4800lbs.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Transfer case, front drive shaft, front diff, and axles weigh quite a bit. I'd bet a V6 2x4 Tradesman is probably under 5000 lbs

Users who are viewing this thread