5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

0-60 time shocker.

Smerberj

Reaction score
Good evening,

I recently completed upgrading my V6. I have the RIPP coil packs, 80mm Throttle Body, aFe cold air intake, Hike-it Throttle controller, and a 24" magnaflow straight through muffler. I did some runs today and achieved one 6.4 seconds 0-60 and then three 6.6 second 0-60. Not bad at all considering i was consistently 7.5 seconds 0-60 stock. On top of all that, I easily achieve 22.5 - 23.5 MPG 50/50. Not bad for a crew cab V6 truck. Best MPG i have ever recorded was 27 MPG heading from Virginia Beach to Richmond, cruise controlled at 60 the entire way at 2 in the morning. I love my V6 and would only trade it for a 2022 Tundra. (If the price was right) 👍

Last edited:

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
congrats man, although that could all be condensed into one single post with the edit function. do you know how that compares to the 5.7 in a similar trim truck?

Smerberj

Reaction score
congrats man, although that could all be condensed into one single post with the edit function. do you know how that compares to the 5.7 in a similar trim truck?
I don't. I think a stock Hemi is somewhere in the six second range.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
"But what do the numbers say? In our tests, the prudent V-6 Ram hit 60 mph in 8.5 seconds. As you may expect, that's a little slower than the Ram V-8s we've tested. Featured in a previous First Test, the 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab with a V-8 and without eTorque hit the mark in 6.1 seconds. A similar Long Horn 4x4 Crew Cab V-8, also without eTorque, came in at 6.3 seconds. A top-of-the-line Limited Crew Cab 4x4 V-8, the heaviest, managed 6.5 seconds with eTorque (the latter two trucks were tested at the same time as our six-cylinder eTorque tester).

The 2019 Ram with a V-6 is also slower than a rear-drive 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn V-6 we tested. That truck made the same exact standard horsepower and torque as the new V-6, but it managed the 0-60 run in 7.4 seconds."

-Motor Trend referencing the test of a 5th Gen Ram V6 with eTorque.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
2.6 seconds according to his claims. LOL
Well, he claimed to be running 7.5 seconds 0-60pmh stock and then ran 5.9 and 6.1 seconds. I averaged it out to 1.5 seconds.

However everything I'm reading says they are closer to 8.5 seconds 0-60 stock. So, that would be about 2.5ish seconds.

Either way those numbers seem flawed for simple bolt-ons with a factory tune.

Smerberj

Reaction score
If you think coil packs add 60hp you're on meth.

If it was that easy Ram would do it.
I didn't say they added 60hp... I said your power band is increased down low, so instead of say 305HP at 2200 RPM, you'll hit your 305HP around 1800 RPM. It's called power curve.

Smerberj

Reaction score
Well, he claimed to be running 7.5 seconds 0-60pmh stock and then ran 5.9 and 6.1 seconds. I averaged it out to 1.5 seconds.

However everything I'm reading says they are closer to 8.5 seconds 0-60 stock. So, that would be about 2.5ish seconds.

Either way those numbers seem flawed for simple bolt-ons with a factory tune.
My truck was never 8.5 second 0-60... That's Nissan Sentra territory. They must have been at a higher altitude, I'm literally at the beach, 10 - 15 altitude. 😂

Smerberj

Reaction score
I'm currently using an app on my phone that uses my GPS to know how fast I am going in order to measure 0-60 times, the reviews for said app say that the time is off so I will definitely be retesting here soon.
On a side note, what's with all you Hemi guys coming over to the V6 forum to hate? Y'all get like 14 mpg, get out of here with that. 😂

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I'm currently using an app on my phone that uses my GPS to know how fast I am going in order to measure 0-60 times, the reviews for said app say that the time is off so I will definitely be retesting here soon.
On a side note, what's with all you Hemi guys coming over to the V6 forum to hate? Y'all get like 14 mpg, get out of here with that. 😂
LOL.....this a public forum. You act like you are new to social media.

You posted VERY questionable data and got called on it.

If any of the V8 or diesel owners posted something like that everyone would have asked the same questions regardless of engine type. I don't think we were hating just questioning the data.

redneck

Reaction score
j-cooz ck your math bro. he also ment it feels like 60 hp even though it only adds 10. still hard to believe a few bolt ons took 1.5 sec off i could see .5

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Does anybody still browse a forum like this, subforum by subforum? I just use the "new posts" and have no idea what subforum I end up in. But I love the v6 (just not in a ram) so I'm curious. Have to agree though that something sounds off.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
j-cooz ck your math bro. he also ment it feels like 60 hp even though it only adds 10. still hard to believe a few bolt ons took 1.5 sec off i could see .5
Sorry I took it off the first time that was posted. I realized after but didn't care enough to edit my post.

Users who are viewing this thread