5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NEW 5.7L HEMI with eTorque

cjgerson

Reaction score
So dealer rep was at my dealership this morning and the owner was following up on the hold up with these trucks. He just sent me the following info:
"Talking with the higher ups the main reason your truck is being held up is the EPA hasn't passed the etorque yet. They don't have a time frame, but hopefully soon we will get it resolved. Thanks for your patience."

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Email sent. For you cut and pasters:

Subject: Ram 5.7 Hemi eTorque EPA Certification
To whom it may concern,

This is a letter from a consumer urging you to get the ball rolling on passing the EPA certification on Ram’s new 5.7 Hemi with eTorque. This is the exact same engine that is already EPA certified but with the addition of a mild hybrid system which can only increase MPG. I, along with many others, have a new 2019 Ram 1500 with this eTorque engine on special order and it appears that your lack of certification is holding up production. Anything to expedite this process or any news concerning the certification process would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

[I decided it would be a bit forward to threaten to copy the Donald on the message:eek:]

Rustydodge

Reaction score
This would possibly explain why several peoples order/build status has been jumping around. Trucks may be built, sitting somewhere, but cant be delivered and sold to a customer without official certification.

It is ironic, that the EPA, which is supposed to protect the environment, is holding up a new product, which is more efficient and should help protect the environment. Bureaucracy at its finest.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's another variation, just for kicks (and just sent):

Dear EPA EV-CIS Team:

Over the past few days, news and social media sources have been reporting that production of the 2019 Ram 1500 eTorque engines is on hold as FCA awaits EPA certification.

At a time when vehicle efficiency is a significant factor in a purchase decision, I hope and expect the EPA to prioritize approval of innovations that improve fuel economy and reduce emissions.

I have ordered an eTorque model of this vehicle, and I am awaiting delivery. My only alternative to waiting is to purchase a vehicle without the eTorque mild hybrid system, which will reduce the initial purchase price but fail to deliver benefits to economy and emissions.

I would ask your group to maintain transparency with FCA and news media as the EPA works towards certification of this powertrain.

Best regards,

Phiefer

Reaction score
Well, here it is 6/15 and my order status is still D1 to ship 6/13??? I can hear the 'we told you so...' I've asked my dealer to contact FCA to find out why the status has not advanced. EPA theory would seem to explain the delay, but also makes me wonder why FCA can't update the schedule with new dates.

GhostRyder

Reaction score
Per MOTS tracking my E-Torque Hemi powered Laramie is built and sitting in a holding lot facility.
Hopefully it's not pending EPA certification before it gets shipped. :(

GhostRyder (RAM 1500 Laramie QC - Granite)
Date ordered: 05/07/2018
Current Status: JS
D1 status date: 05/18/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 06/15/18 07:00:00 PM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/15/18 08:37:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS, MI PLANT
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/18/18 04:02:00 AM DETROIT, MI OFFSITE

6/23/2018 UPDATE
This past week, my dealer showed me the FCA website for my order. It states that my truck will be shipped July 4, 2018.
I personally don't believe it will be that soon. If it is, I will need to shoot off some fireworks :)

Last edited:

Phiefer

Reaction score
Great news! Nice to hear there is actual status beyond D1 for those of us waiting on eTorque. Gives me hope.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Just got an email from my delear that after 47 days in D my Truck finally made it to D1!

Hoping the next MOTS update also shows the change.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got an email from my delear that after 47 days in D my Truck finally made it to D1!

Hoping the next MOTS update also shows the change.

Don't believe it until MOTS updates. I have had conflicting emails from ram and conflicting statements from the online chat too. Ram is full of BS to get u off their back

cjgerson

Reaction score
MOTS update corresponds. My truck is Etorque and Rambox

cjgerson (Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 - Black)
Date ordered: 05/02/2018
Current Status: D1
D1 status date: 06/16/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: TBD

I was also given an estimated ship date of 6/30, but got to take those estimated ship dates with a grain of salt.

Also, looks like 4 others got moved to D1 today.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Slim, not sure what this means for your order since MOTS has still not updated your status?

Users who are viewing this thread