5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless CarPlay Dongle

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There’s nothing to figure out. This will only work with CarPlay.

For AA, you need the dedicated model they also sell:

Cheers,

Isn't that model for iPhone Carplay on Android-based head units, i.e. not Ram? I looked at that one a while back and seems to me it won't for for the Ram setup and Android phone users.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Isn't that model for iPhone Carplay on Android-based head units, i.e. not Ram? I looked at that one a while back and seems to me it won't for for the Ram setup and Android phone users.
Oh, you mean the head unit itself instead of the phone? If that's the case it will def not work in our trucks.

stevestrike

Reaction score
There is another company that makes these https://wirelesscopilot.com/?currency=USD&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=v1 Not sure if its any better than the other one but I suppose its an option. They seem to be based out of NZ
That one is quite a bit larger than the one in this thread. That could mean it has more power which could be nice to have, but it is also harder to find a spot to put it. I'd love to do a side-by-side

EDIT: the screen is exactly the same. $10 says this is the same exact product out of China that this NZ company is re-badging.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Looks like a pretty good idea. I get mine today or tomorrow. The SFC shipping tracker sucks $$$ and is impossible to use.
This is the cable I got (the 1.5 ft). It just sits on the bottom of the console out of the way:

59A4CEED-1D48-48A5-9878-94C751D9071B.jpeg ECC29345-D9C0-4690-8D97-A686DEFA1CEC.jpeg D4EA5814-EC30-42D7-84C1-7D73BACD29C5.jpeg 49CB30CB-76AA-4B87-927F-586703DF5BE2.jpeg 43AAC34E-9EE3-421E-BC2B-12DA101DCB5B.jpeg

Bluesurf

Reaction score
My wireless CPLAY2AIR unit arrived, the first thing I did was plug it in, start the car. Initiate a Bluetooth search, accept Car-play was up. Then I scanned the "bug" in the little white booklet and did the upgrade and was all done in under 3 minuets. Very simple and works perfectly. While i set this up I received 2 text messages and car-play read them to me. This device is absolutely worth the purchase. I found that if you plug it into the USB on the right, the dongle fits snugly on the side of the phone holder shelf, no tape is necessary. Now I'll keep my phone on me or slide it into the wireless charger. No more BS wires to connect and disconnect every time I I'm using a iPhone 11 Max Pro and as soon as I start the truck and the screen boots up I have the Car-play screen, I'm very impressed with the purchase and result.

Attachments

• CP.jpg
    CP.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

19TXLimited

Reaction score
My wireless CPLAY2AIR unit arrived, the first thing I did was plug it in, start the car. Initiate a Bluetooth search, accept Car-play was up. Then I scanned the "bug" and did the upgrade and was all done in under 3 minuets. Very simple and works perfectly. While i set this up I received 2 text messages and car-play read them to me. This device is absolutely worth the purchase. I found that if you plug it into the USB on the right, the dongle fits snugly on the side of the phone holder shelf, no tape is necessary. Now I'll keep my phone on me or slide it into the wireless charger. No more BS wires to connect and disconnect every time I I'm using a iPhone 11 Max Pro and as soon as I start the truck and the screen boots up I have the Car-play screen, I'm very impressed with the purchase and result.

Looking forward to getting mine. Have to make a drive here in a few minutes and would have been nice to have this and try it out...too bad I get it tomorrow and with all this COVID cr@$ I am not driving much of anywhere. Oh well, I'm sure it'll all be over soon and I can use this daily on my 60 miles round trip commute to work.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my car2play....so far it's been great. Love that I can keep my phone in my jacket and that it picks up songs where you leave off when shutting down. Too bad that the USB port under the console lid doesn't provide enough juice to power it.

Also, since the USB ports are 'always on' is there any fear to battery drain leaving the unit plugged in? Especially now when I might drive her only once or twice a week?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Glad to hear.
Two things. The port under the center console has nothing to do with juice. The reason it doesn’t work is because it’s just a 5V, 2.5A charge-only port, not data.

The USB ports on the dash will only maintain power for one hour after the ignition is turned off, so you will not drain the battery (and I doubt the dongle utilizes that much power anyway).

Cheers,

CopilotHQ

Reaction score
That one is quite a bit larger than the one in this thread. That could mean it has more power which could be nice to have, but it is also harder to find a spot to put it. I'd love to do a side-by-side

EDIT: the screen is exactly the same. $10 says this is the same exact product out of China that this NZ company is re-badging.

Hi there,

Just commenting here as we have had a few forum users from here contact us with questions.

Copilot supports 5th generation Rams - the difference with us compared to products like carplay2air is that this device uses USB-C and has a detachable cable (includes a short cable but you can replace it with your own USB-C - USB-A cable if you want a longer one). Also includes some velcro stickers to attach to your vehicle to hide it away.

Size-wise, it’s about 8cm x 4cm x 1 cm thick. A bit smaller than a credit card.

If you have any questions about this, happy to help!

Thanks

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hi there,

Just commenting here as we have had a few forum users from here contact us with questions.

Copilot supports 5th generation Rams - the difference with us compared to products like carplay2air is that this device uses USB-C and has a detachable cable (includes a short cable but you can replace it with your own USB-C - USB-A cable if you want a longer one). Also includes some velcro stickers to attach to your vehicle to hide it away.

Size-wise, it’s about 8cm x 4cm x 1 cm thick. A bit smaller than a credit card.

If you have any questions about this, happy to help!

Thanks
Thanks for joining to provide feedback!

BlckDT

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on the Car2Play device. Used the “loyalty” code and saved $40. Cant wait to get it as I’m completely done with constantly plugging in.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on the Car2Play device. Used the “loyalty” code and saved $40. Cant wait to get it as I’m completely done with constantly plugging in.
Awesome.
You should get it within a week or so. Let us know how you like it.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger. I've got to avoid this forum and save my money... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread