5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless CarPlay Dongle

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger. Thanks for the discount code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rathiem

Reaction score
Just adding that I’m a successful user. HK 19 system on a 2019. I disabled factory Bluetooth for no other reason than I didn’t need it anymore. Plugged in, updated first thing. No issues since. You do get a splash screen for boot up for a few seconds but it’s up and running before i exit the garage. I have it plugged in and stowed/tucked in the business card slot just under the USB connections.

FYI that I took it out and plugged it into our ‘19 Navigator. No issues there either, ordered another one for that vehicle. Plugged back into my Ram. Came right up and worked no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I really want to try this out. I don't currently use CarPlay because of the need to plug the phone in everytime. Does anyone have the coupon code they could PM?

Also, for those who are having trouble with remote start. Possibly this would work so you don't have to fiddle with unplugging and plugging back in...just hit the switch and go. Says it works for power and data, but I wonder if it would cause any type of delay or other bugs with the system.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I really want to try this out. I don't currently use CarPlay because of the need to plug the phone in everytime. Does anyone have the coupon code they could PM?

Also, for those who are having trouble with remote start. Possibly this would work so you don't have to fiddle with unplugging and plugging back in...just hit the switch and go. Says it works for power and data, but I wonder if it would cause any type of delay or other bugs with the system.

Use code: loyalty for $40 off.
Just did this last night and it worked fine.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just received mine.
Install and FW update was a piece of cake.
Dang that was easy. Working great so far.

Here’s how I installed mine for the factory minimalist look. Takes about 10 seconds to connect.

2650403F-091E-49FD-9512-9ACC23A70F1A.png 41526B2E-9E76-4913-82F8-C9EA33BC6C9A.jpeg B664025D-074C-4C40-8196-EC99432C282D.jpeg F4895726-4A53-4ABC-BA78-B4EEC18AF119.jpeg

Last edited:

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Just received mine.
Install and FW update was a piece of cake.
Dang that was easy. Working great so far.

Here’s how I installed mine for the factory minimalist look. Takes about 10 seconds to connect.

View attachment 51848 View attachment 51842 View attachment 51843 View attachment 51845 View attachment 51844 View attachment 51846 View attachment 51847

Hey Neurobit!

Do all stearing wheel controls still work? I.E. volume up, change track, control SIRI, etc?

If so, then I think I'm in to buy one ASAP!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hey Neurobit!

Do all stearing wheel controls still work? I.E. volume up, change track, control SIRI, etc?

Haven’t even tried. I’ll test in the AM and let you know.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hey Neurobit!

Confirmed this morning. All wheel controls work w/o issues.

PS: I removed from where I had originally put it with 3M tape, as it did not give me a full flush fit while on the inductive charging (still charged though).
I will prob get a USB extension as @Gleb has done, and route it out of view.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I ordered one this morning and used the discount code. (Use code: loyalty for $40 off. ) Thank you Neurobit for the saved $40.00

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Confirmed this morning. All wheel controls work w/o issues.

PS: I removed from where I had originally put it with 3M tape, as it did not give me a full flush fit while on the inductive charging (still charged though).
I will prob get a USB extension as @Gleb has done, and route it out of view.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you confirm this is what I need, or post an exact link?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Can you confirm this is what I need, or post an exact link?

That's it. Use code "loyalty" for $40 off.

antwon412

Reaction score
Could you plug it into the USB port inside the glovebox? My truck has not been delivered yet, so I’m not sure if that port in the glove box is one of the ones connected for CarPlay.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Could you plug it into the USB port inside the glovebox? My truck has not been delivered yet, so I’m not sure if that port in the glove box is one of the ones connected for CarPlay.
I am pretty sure that the only CarPlay-enabled USB ports are the ones on the front dash, and the ones for rear seat occupants. The others inside console and/or glovebox are power only.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Ordered with discount. Now for the wait to receive. Then the wait till I really drive the truck again.

stevestrike

Reaction score
This would work, but you would have to remember to turn it back off each time you left the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread