5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless CarPlay Dongle

stevestrike

Reaction score
I didn't see an answer below. Are you confirming that the CPLAY2air specifically works with Android without using a cable?
I don't have an android phone, but.... Carplay is Apple. So no, an Android phone will absolutely not work with this device.

RoroCoelho

Reaction score
I don't have an android phone, but.... Carplay is Apple. So no, an Android phone will absolutely not work with this device.
They make one compatible with Android, but the site says it needs to be connected via wire, which is weird because there would be no point in the device. I am asking about Android Auto, not CarPlay.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
I just got mine after ordering it a week ago. I paid for the express shipping and got it late. Trying to get them to adjust the price and refund me the express shipping cost since it did not arrive in 2-3 business days. not getting a good response product is working so far so good otherwise.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I wrote them a few weeks ago and they said when ready for the Ram they would email me of the availability. I think they are swarmed by this question. I'll buy it immediately I don't like plugging it in every trip in my truck. However I want to "BUGS" it must work out of the box perfectly. I'm not going to settle for junk.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
I’ve had mine for 2 days and love it so far . I have an iphone 11 Pro max and no issues so far takes about 20 seconds to connect after I start my truck

Bluesurf

Reaction score
20 seconds is problem #1, keep us informed of any other problems. Thanks

Ramjeep

Reaction score
20 seconds is problem #1, keep us informed of any other problems. Thanks

It's not too bad I really don't even notice the delay it's maybe a 5 more second delay then getting the phone out of my pocket, pulling the cord up from the console, plugging the phone and putting it the holder. You will adjust to it very quickly if all goes well.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
They make one compatible with Android, but the site says it needs to be connected via wire, which is weird because there would be no point in the device. I am asking about Android Auto, not CarPlay.
Looking at their site it appears the device is for making iPhones compatible with Android based head units with Android auto but not Carplay built in. Android phones can be connected via cable (same as we do now)

CARPLAY2air wireless adapter for Android Head Units features:

Wireless CarPlay for iPhone devices

Auto-connects when the vehicle is started

Android Auto via cable

Mirror-link via cable

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking at their site it appears the device is for making iPhones compatible with Android based head units with Android auto but not Carplay built in. Android phones can be connected via cable (same as we do now)

CARPLAY2air wireless adapter for Android Head Units features:

Wireless CarPlay for iPhone devices

Auto-connects when the vehicle is started

Android Auto via cable

Mirror-link via cable

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Well that sucks. Hopefully some other company comes out with something better or this company comes out with a better updated product that supposedly is in the works for this model.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
One more note. they have terrible customer service ! I paid for the express shipping (should arrive in 2-3 business days ) I received it 8 days later ! I understand with the current event things are delayed and that’s not the issue but they refuse to refund me the express shipping cost. Am I being unreasonable ? Should I contact my credit card company and have them refund the charge ?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
One more note. they have terrible customer service ! I paid for the express shipping (should arrive in 2-3 business days ) I received it 8 days later ! I understand with the current event things are delayed and that’s not the issue but they refuse to refund me the express shipping cost. Am I being unreasonable ? Should I contact my credit card company and have them refund the charge ?
I would do exactly that.
You’re not being unreasonable. They are.

sconzy23

Reaction score
I bought two of these, one for my truck and one for my wife’s car. Unfortunately although the site says it works for 2020 Honda it does not work on my wife’s car and I need to mail it back to China and lay shipping. Willing to sell it here for $110 if anyone is looking to purchase and I will cover shipping. Let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread