5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Carplay Connection issues

dwilc

Reaction score
Hey guys just picked up a 2022 ram 1500 last week, and I've been loving the wireless apple carplay. It usually works without fault most of the time, however I've noticed if I shut off my truck, leave my phone in the truck, come back maybe 5-10 mins later and start the truck will no longer connect to carplay. Device manager just shows "Connecting..". It's really frustrating because I end up having to remove my phone from device manager, forgetting the bluetooth on my phone and turning the truck off and on. That has worked for me a couple times, but today I couldn't get it to work after doing that process about 5 times. I tried connecting via lightning cable and it would just say "Connecting".

I spoke to my salesman, he said that's strange and I should come in and my truck might need a flash. I just wanted to know if anyone else has been experiencing this? I've noticed my wifi will stay connected to the truck and still not work..
I'm getting frustrated with it also. Its great when it works 10% of the time.

Reaction score
Only had mine a few days and had same problems. One thing I noticed is to make sure and turn wifi off on the phone before getting into the truck. Seems to get glitchy if not

Sumter63

Reaction score
Well, not sure if anyone has had the same issue. But I think I've found the solution if you anyone ever has trouble reconnecting. In the settings there is a button to restart the radio, which allows it to fully restart. After that it works perfectly again.
Thanks will try same issues here. 22 limited. Also having big time issues with Uconnect. Continues to shutdown and reboot. I lose everything. Thanks will try.

Sumter63

Reaction score
I have to use the power button reset at least 3-4 times a week. It’s unacceptable. I called ram connect services rather than waiting for them to contact me. I vented to them for a minute and they basically said their is a huge update “in the wind” right now and they are just waiting for approval to send it out. It will be “over air” I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are still waiting.

Spokes

Reaction score
Yeah, most of my issues are resolved but it still gets glitchy. Now my XM stations keep resetting.

I had an issue with my XM as well, it would only go through the first 6 presets, even though there were 15 stored. As a couple weeks its fixed itself. I hope they come out with an update for all these little things.

TheSchmohawk

Reaction score
I had an issue with my XM as well, it would only go through the first 6 presets, even though there were 15 stored. As a couple weeks its fixed itself. I hope they come out with an update for all these little things.

My presets keep getting deleted. Every few days they’re all gone. It’s enraging. Furthermore, my app stopped working a couple months back. Can’t remote start my truck or remote lock it. I’ve had an open case with ram support or whatever they’re called for a majority of the time I’ve had the truck.

Egg Man

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has found a permanent solution yet. I also have a 2022 ram limited 1500 and have been having this problem for a year now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online