5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Carplay Connection issues

jchuchla

Reaction score
I've still been having issues with 15.2.1. I just updated to IOS 15.3 this evening. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.
When did you get an OTA uconmect update? Did you have to do something to initiate it? I haven't seen any update come in for the uconnect yet. Or I didn't notice it if it did it on its own.

Darmichar

Reaction score
I've still been having issues with 15.2.1. I just updated to IOS 15.3 this evening. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.
When did you get an OTA uconmect update? Did you have to do something to initiate it? I haven't seen any update come in for the uconnect yet. Or I didn't notice it if it did it on its own.
Sorry, guess I should have clarified. I just got my truck last Tuesday and the most recent software wasn't in the system. It updated the following day and has been nothing but issues ever since.

jchuchla

Reaction score
When was your truck built? Mine was built in mid December and I took delivery a few days before Christmas.

Darmichar

Reaction score
When was your truck built? Mine was built in mid December and I took delivery a few days before Christmas.
Not sure, I bought it off the lot. I was poking around in the menu's tonight while my daughter was in her acrobat class. If you go into the settings menu and scroll the left button menu, there is a 'System Update' button. You need to be connected to Wi-Fi to check for and download updates.

jchuchla

Reaction score
I didn't even know this thing could connect to WiFi. So I have to find it somewhere in the menus? That's not what OTA used to mean! The old uconnect 4 used to update via its 3G connection.

Darmichar

Reaction score
I didn't even know this thing could connect to WiFi. So I have to find it somewhere in the menus? That's not what OTA used to mean! The old uconnect 4 used to update via its 3G connection.
I'm sure it would do that as well. I haven't enabled the built in WiFi yet as I don't drive my truck much in the winter. The first night I got it I was sitting in the driveway and found the ability to connect to the home WiFi. I did it and shortly after was prompted to update the Uconnect.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
You don’t have to be connected to Wi-Fi to get OTAs. It’s just another way that it can download if needed.

doug55579

Reaction score
I picked up my 2022 Rebel today after 4 plus months of waiting. The truck is fantastic but I am having the same carplay issues. Worked perfectly earlier, just went to take the wife for a ride and nothing. I tried updating the phone and doing the soft reset on the radio.

Justinjla

Reaction score
Picked up my Ram Laramie yesterday. Connected perfectly at the lot. Got home to show the family and nothing. CarPlay completely disappeared. Did a factory reset, updated phone, nothing. Been jacking with it all day. Works periodically, then nothing. So damn frustrating.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Picked up my Ram Laramie yesterday. Connected perfectly at the lot. Got home to show the family and nothing. CarPlay completely disappeared. Did a factory reset, updated phone, nothing. Been jacking with it all day. Works periodically, then nothing. So damn frustrating.
Remove your phone from the truck settings and your truck from your phone Bluetooth. Reconnect and see it that helps.

Justinjla

Reaction score
Remove your phone from the truck settings and your truck from your phone Bluetooth. Reconnect and see it that helps.

I’ve done that at least 20 times. Nada.

I finally got it connected today and it worked for several hours while out running errands. Stopping/starting truck several times and it wiring flawlessly. Then tonight, disappeared. I messed with it for an hour and finally said F it and came inside.

jchuchla

Reaction score
I’ve done that at least 20 times. Nada.

I finally got it connected today and it worked for several hours while out running errands. Stopping/starting truck several times and it wiring flawlessly. Then tonight, disappeared. I messed with it for an hour and finally said F it and came inside.
When you look at the device management page where the phones are listed (or whatever it's called) if there's a gray bar over the whole phone entry, then it's stuck in a loop. press and hold the power button on the volume dial until the screen goes black and it reboots. That always gets it to reconnect for me.
If only I could get thru a whole phone call without it disconnecting the bluetooth.

TheSchmohawk

Reaction score
When you look at the device management page where the phones are listed (or whatever it's called) if there's a gray bar over the whole phone entry, then it's stuck in a loop. press and hold the power button on the volume dial until the screen goes black and it reboots. That always gets it to reconnect for me.
If only I could get thru a whole phone call without it disconnecting the bluetooth.

Since the most recent iOS update I haven’t had any issues with CarPlay. Radio can be a bit laggy in the morning but that’s about it. Uconnect also got an update yesterday. Not sure what that was supposed to fix. Ram services said it was a Bluetooth update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spokes

Reaction score
My '22 is having the same issues with Carplay. I can get the Bluetooth to work fine, but the Carplay shows up separate (pics attached). Hopefully they release another software update for this BS. I got stuck in 45min of traffic the other morning since I couldn't use Carplay on my way into work... great start to the day! LOL I do have mine set up auto update over Wi-Fi, this issue started after the last update a few weeks ago. What's irritating too is when you "re-pair" your phone again it says to hit the voice button steering wheel to set up Carplay, hit it and does NADA. You can see on the DIM (speedo) it shows its on a call too. After a couple hard reset on the HU (holding power button for ~10-15 secs) it seems to be working better. I do notice if I start it with remote start its more prone to F up, if I sit in the thing and start it, it seems to be better, guess cause the phone is ready to be paired at start up. Ill keep checking/updating as my issue occurs. Also put a pic of current software level as of 11am 2/16/22 lol

Attachments

• IMG_6472.jpg
    IMG_6472.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6471.jpg
    IMG_6471.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6479.jpg
    IMG_6479.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 32

flingwing

Reaction score
this is been my experience on my 2019 Ram Rebel
My dealer replaced the entire head unit because they couldn't figure it out. One specific thing that we both noticed was that the unit did not recognize and new connection made through the hub and showed a ghost connection on usb1.

all resets did not have the desired affect. In the end it carplay eventually started working again and would recognize other connected devices. Dealer still replaced the head unit.

My 2 cents FWIW, the media hub module has some sort of firmware fault and the HU just displays connection info. Eventually the hub resets and it works again. I think data connection types that are plugged in that are not supported triggers the fault. It just a guess.

tyromeo55

Reaction score
don’t know if it applies to the factory CarPlay trucks but my 2020 with CarLinkIt kit had issues until I removed the stand alone Bluetooth connection.

z015989

Reaction score
Mine would work sporadically as well. I turned on notifications and it now seems to be working consistently. No idea why or if it was pure coincidence, but worth giving it a try.

Lamox

Reaction score
Been having the same issue a couple of times since I picked up my new 2022 a month ago.
My workaround is Settings-Reset-Restart radio, fixes the problem every time. Can't remember if you have to unconnected your phone before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online