5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Carplay Connection issues

Johny777

Reaction score
Hey guys just picked up a 2022 ram 1500 last week, and I've been loving the wireless apple carplay. It usually works without fault most of the time, however I've noticed if I shut off my truck, leave my phone in the truck, come back maybe 5-10 mins later and start the truck will no longer connect to carplay. Device manager just shows "Connecting..". It's really frustrating because I end up having to remove my phone from device manager, forgetting the bluetooth on my phone and turning the truck off and on. That has worked for me a couple times, but today I couldn't get it to work after doing that process about 5 times. I tried connecting via lightning cable and it would just say "Connecting".

I spoke to my salesman, he said that's strange and I should come in and my truck might need a flash. I just wanted to know if anyone else has been experiencing this? I've noticed my wifi will stay connected to the truck and still not work..

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you tried either going in and out of airplane mode or restarting the phone?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't tried airplane mode, but I've restarted my phone many times but to no avail.
If you restarted, I doubt airplane mode would do any differently

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking the same, have you experienced the same issue?
No, you just didn’t mention the phone steps you took in entirety, so I was asking.

Johny777

Reaction score
Well, not sure if anyone has had the same issue. But I think I've found the solution if you anyone ever has trouble reconnecting. In the settings there is a button to restart the radio, which allows it to fully restart. After that it works perfectly again.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Well, not sure if anyone has had the same issue. But I think I've found the solution if you anyone ever has trouble reconnecting. In the settings there is a button to restart the radio, which allows it to fully restart. After that it works perfectly again.
You can also push and hold the radio power button for 10-15 seconds which will do a soft reset of the radio. I’ve had the same issue a couple times and mostly it’s while I’m sitting In the truck learning/setting up the radio. Speaking of that I need to add this to my thread I started. I’ve also noticed you can’t have 2 phones connected at the same time if using CarPlay, have you tried this also with any success? It works if you only have them connected as phones without CarPlay.

Uconnect 5 is better but…

Last edited:

TheSchmohawk

Reaction score
I've been having a similar issue with my Ram. Just picked it up on Thursday. Everything seems to connect just fine. Wireless carplay starts up and music plays with ease. However, when I get phone calls nothing rings. No sound when I answer it. No one can hear me. I have to shut off carplay and switch to Bluetooth. When I do I get a terrible echo. The only thing I haven't done is a hard reset. Going to attempt that and see what happens.

Johny777

Reaction score
You can also push and hold the radio power button for 10-15 seconds which will do a soft reset of the radio. I’ve had the same issue a couple times and mostly it’s while I’m sitting In the truck learning/setting up the radio. Speaking of that I need to add this to my thread I started. I’ve also noticed you can’t have 2 phones connected at the same time if using CarPlay, have you tried this also with any success? It works if you only have them connected as phones without CarPlay.

Uconnect 5 is better but…
Thats a great tip to know! I haven't tried connecting 2 phones with carplay on both yet. Do you mean one wired and one wireless with carplay enabled on both?

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Thats a great tip to know! I haven't tried connecting 2 phones with carplay on both yet. Do you mean one wired and one wireless with carplay enabled on both?
No wirelessly. I can’t remember if I tried one wired or not. Also have no androids so can’t test that out yet either. Will have to wait until a family member comes around to test For androids. Either way you’ll only get CarPlay off 1 phone if we’re ever able to have 2 connected at the same time while using it.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I've been having a similar issue with my Ram. Just picked it up on Thursday. Everything seems to connect just fine. Wireless carplay starts up and music plays with ease. However, when I get phone calls nothing rings. No sound when I answer it. No one can hear me. I have to shut off carplay and switch to Bluetooth. When I do I get a terrible echo. The only thing I haven't done is a hard reset. Going to attempt that and see what happens.
Any more info or resolution on this? Do you mind if I add it to the thread above I’ve started of different bugs found?

TheSchmohawk

Reaction score
Any more info or resolution on this? Do you mind if I add it to the thread above I’ve started of different bugs found?
Feel free to add it.

I wound up holding the power button down on the radio for 10-15 seconds until it restarted. This fixed my Siri issue for the time being. Siri will now send and read messages for me. However, I still cannot complete a phone call using carplay. There is no audio at all when making phone calls. Exceptionally frustrating.

Johny777

Reaction score
Feel free to add it.

I wound up holding the power button down on the radio for 10-15 seconds until it restarted. This fixed my Siri issue for the time being. Siri will now send and read messages for me. However, I still cannot complete a phone call using carplay. There is no audio at all when making phone calls. Exceptionally frustrating.
I wonder if your truck needs a flash, when I was talking to my salesman regarding my issue he said I should come by for a flash and that may fix it.

MrDazana

Reaction score
I was having this issue and was tired of resetting the radio. It happened often especially when i would go into the store to pay for gas. To fix my issue, I set the power off to 45 secs. I had it set to 10 mins or something like that. Never had an issue since changing that setting.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
For those that haven’t received it yet; there is an OTA update available 21c.6 so if you look and you’re running 21b.5 it will/should help fix some issues. I posted a thread for UC5 update under the 12” forum.

DFA037BA-4E14-4EBE-9F7C-618B46650389.jpeg DB3D2BD4-9569-4BC4-B14F-BFE2466FE346.jpeg 71FF1691-B668-4290-9E20-A889C5ACD0B3.jpeg 9F7E23C9-F04E-4505-A3B1-E64356FCE96D.jpeg

aaronh903

Reaction score
I picked up my 2022 1500 Longhorn yesterday, and it has been outstanding. I was really enjoying the wireless apple CarPlay, but this evening it didn't reconnect after getting back into the truck. I went into the app screen to see if I could get it to connect manually, but CarPlay isn't even there - its gone. The only option remaining is android auto. I know that these things can be buggy, but it's not a major vote of confidence for the first RAM product I've had and I've had it for 24 hours.

TheSchmohawk

Reaction score
I picked up my 2022 1500 Longhorn yesterday, and it has been outstanding. I was really enjoying the wireless apple CarPlay, but this evening it didn't reconnect after getting back into the truck. I went into the app screen to see if I could get it to connect manually, but CarPlay isn't even there - its gone. The only option remaining is android auto. I know that these things can be buggy, but it's not a major vote of confidence for the first RAM product I've had and I've had it for 24 hours.

Over a month later I still have CarPlay issues. No ram connect either. Ram just sends me an email 2 times a week thanking me for my patience. And we’re working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
What iOS and what radio software version are you running? There’s instructions in this thread on how to find it under settings.

Have you tried deleting the truck from the phone and the phone from the truck. Then reconnect the phone to the truck and allowing CarPlay again.

TheSchmohawk

Reaction score
What iOS and what radio software version are you running? There’s instructions in this thread on how to find it under settings.

Have you tried deleting the truck from the phone and the phone from the truck. Then reconnect the phone to the truck and allowing CarPlay again.

Yeah, I tried doing that a couple times. CarPlay “works” in as much as it plays music and shows apps and what not. The problem is mostly receiving and making calls as well as having Siri read text messages. I constantly have to restart the head unit to make it work.

My uconnect is supposedly up to date. It says there’s no updates. I need to look at the software version. My iOS is up to date and I’m using a 12 max pro.

I’m getting more and more frustrated every day that ticks by with no fix in site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/