5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winch

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
is anyone actually discussing a group buy them them?

Not that I've seen; just lots of interest on this and the other Winch Mount thread - I collected names onto a list on the other thread but abandoned it for now until a real product is on the market and the vendor or their contact puts up a GB

rconiv

Reaction score
Guessing the power wagon has something different in the area right behind the bumper for mounting the winch, that the Rebel didn't get added? It wouldn't just be a matter of replacing the Rebels front bumper with the Power Wagons, since it looks the same physically, outside of the slot for the winch. Though not sure where I would put my license plate (state law thing) on the front.

cra1g

Reaction score
Guessing the power wagon has something different in the area right behind the bumper for mounting the winch, that the Rebel didn't get added? It wouldn't just be a matter of replacing the Rebels front bumper with the Power Wagons, since it looks the same physically, outside of the slot for the winch. Though not sure where I would put my license plate (state law thing) on the front.

The bumpers (and the frames they attach to) are completely different

ram-rebel-vs-power-wagon-drag-race.jpg

rconiv

Reaction score
The bumpers (and the frames they attach to) are completely different

ram-rebel-vs-power-wagon-drag-race.jpg
That's odd, since this picture from the ramtrucks.com site makes it look about the same.

Last edited:

cra1g

Reaction score
Well, they're the same color, anyway. ;)

The most obvious difference is that the Rebel bumper is lower at the ends than in the middle, and the PW bumper is higher at the ends.

rconiv

Reaction score
Wouldn't want to make it easy for us to add a winch anyways, otherwise why get the power wagon, outside of it being to big. At least for me it is, the joys of having to park in a parking garage. My Rebel almost doesn't fit, especially when the person next to me likes to park wide.

dsmgsx916

Reaction score
Vice Designs just posted on Facebook today, they're looking for a couple of DT Rams for a free winch mount and install in exchange for leaving the truck a couple of days and filming an install video. We must be getting VERY close now.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Vice Designs just posted on Facebook today, they're looking for a couple of DT Rams for a free winch mount and install in exchange for leaving the truck a couple of days and filming an install video. We must be getting VERY close now.

Thanks for the update. I was just looking at their IG the other day for one. I don't do FB anymore (It's the devil haha). They are up in Nanaimo, BC.

I'm ready to order! Cash in hand.

VICE design

Trusted RAM Truck Adventure Gear
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Glad to see all the interest in this!

I'll definitely post up on this forum when I'm ready to do a pre-sale which I'll offer a discount :) . I'm designing kits for all models of the 1500 (rebel included). with and without parking sensors. and also those with the air dam.

I did a small pre-production run of a few units, and I'm just waiting on trucks to do a final installation on! Unfortunately the two trucks I had lined up aren't answering my calls or texts. I just put out an Ad today looking for more trucks and I might have someting lined up soon (fingers crossed).

If you know anyone around our shop (vancouver island, BC, Canada) let them know I'm offering a very discounted set-up if I can borrow their truck for a couple days!

Its close guys. Thanks for your patience! Here's the original prototype installed if you havn't seen it.

20190501_120249.jpg

Cheers,
Quinton

Last edited:

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
Thought for the surrounding plate. Could it be made for those of us who would like to add cube lights? Not sure if there are any size permitting height wise. But would allow those of us wanting OEM look some aftermarket additions

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RichT

Reaction score
Looking awesome, can't wait.

Black for the Rebel's please

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel I’m so close to let you have my truck for this, I’m on vacation in Vernon BC but am from Alberta. My trucks sitting as it did it’s job getting my boat out here and I don’t need it for over a week again. There’s got to be someone with a Rebel close to you to make this happen!

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad to see all the interest in this!

I'll definitely post up on this forum when I'm ready to do a pre-sale which I'll offer a discount :) . I'm designing kits for all models of the 1500 (rebel included). with and without parking sensors. and also those with the air dam.

If you know anyone around our shop (vancouver island, BC, Canada) let them know I'm offering a very discounted set-up if I can borrow their truck for a couple days!

Cheers,
Quinton

Wish I was closer! I'd be glad to lend my Rebel for the cause; it's a good looking design and kudos for looking at all the variants and designing accordingly.

Looking forward to the launch!

cra1g

Reaction score
Awsesome! So glad to see you post here. Is that plate around the fairlead required or can we cut our plastic OEM one (with parking sensors)?

Thanks.
That's my question, too. I want to keep the parking sensors, but I also don't want more chrome, and don't want logos, so I would rather just modify the OEM piece if possible.

VICE design

Trusted RAM Truck Adventure Gear
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Awsesome! So glad to see you post here. Is that plate around the fairlead required or can we cut our plastic OEM one (with parking sensors)?

Thanks.

The kit will be sold with the insert, but if you'd like to modify the oem one you definately can. Keep in mind the one shown is not the final product.

Thought for the surrounding plate. Could it be made for those of us who would like to add cube lights? Not sure if there are any size permitting height wise. But would allow those of us wanting OEM look some aftermarket additions

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yup Im going to look into see how I can pack some lumens into that space

That's my question, too. I want to keep the parking sensors, but I also don't want more chrome, and don't want logos, so I would rather just modify the OEM piece if possible.

Inserts will be all black that match the bumper (That piece was only cut for fitment purposes). And yup the insert will have provisions for OEM sensors for those who need it.

Scotsmangav

Reaction score
The kit will be sold with the insert, but if you'd like to modify the oem one you definately can. Keep in mind the one shown is not the final product.

Yup Im going to look into see how I can pack some lumens into that space

Inserts will be all black that match the bumper (That piece was only cut for fitment purposes). And yup the insert will have provisions for OEM sensors for those who need it.
Looks like you’ve got most of our wishlist covered, looking forward to the launch.

My Rebel sits in the driveway all week & would be happy to help with final fitment - only problem is it’s all the way down in San Diego !

Users who are viewing this thread