5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is the Rebel aftermarket so damn empty?!

U

User_21361

Looking good and definitely a great value. You may want to look at moldable plastic (like kydex but that has better heat tolerance). You may be able to fill the gaps in the lights and grill that way. Just depends on what areas you have to mount on the bumper. Also, glad you’re happy with how it turned out. Thanks for sharing.

That’s a shame about the weight. I would love to change the rear bumper, but I’m already flirting with my payload limit with just the family, performance mods and gear.

Also, something to think about… Are the light panels different on the rebels? Looking at the stock image of the bumper on the red truck above, your gap is huge in comparison. It seems like you have almost an inch to fill but in the image there is practically no gap at all.

vadedram

Reaction score
Looking good and definitely a great value. You may want to look at moldable plastic (like kydex but that has better heat tolerance). You may be able to fill the gaps in the lights and grill that way. Just depends on what areas you have to mount on the bumper. Also, glad you’re happy with how it turned out. Thanks for sharing.

That’s a shame about the weight. I would love to change the rear bumper, but I’m already flirting with my payload limit with just the family, performance mods and gear.

Also, something to think about… Are the light panels different on the rebels? Looking at the stock image of the bumper on the red truck above, your gap is huge in comparison. It seems like you have almost an inch to fill but in the image there is practically no gap at all.
If your talking about the panels below the headlights then yes, rebels are 2" shorter. which explains the gap. My gap now is like 1.5", but the OEM bumper had about 1- 1.5" gap also. Red truck is not a Rebel.

Keep in mind i rushed the install, and i might actually be able to do some more adjustments, but they are pushed up as much as they can go I believe.

U

User_21361

If your talking about the panels below the headlights then yes, rebels are 2" shorter. which explains the gap. My gap now is like 1.5", but the OEM bumper had about 1- 1.5" gap also.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. It could also be the style of your particular bumper. Looking at the black Rebel above with the non Rebel bumper the gap appears at the grill but not the head lights but it could be the angle. Either way it looks good, just pointing out observations for others who dive in. I see in your last pic you have it pushed up as high as it will go.

66d67d70dc119f54206498a62b5a221c.jpg

vadedram

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for sharing. It could also be the style of your particular bumper. Looking at the black Rebel above with the non Rebel bumper the gap appears at the grill but not the head lights but it could be the angle. Either way it looks good, just pointing out observations for others who dive in. I see in your last pic you have it pushed up as high as it will go.

yeah i agree that looks like a smaller gap. Possible reasons.
  • That bumper allows for more adjustment
  • mine might be tilted down a little, (still adjusting) making gap appear more.
  • Could be my camera angle also
  • this one could look like a smaller gap because the truck is black, mine is silver.
  • shadows
  • I think the person that posted that pic said they ended up getting some brackets modified, maybe it was another person.
Please note: If you look at this picture, that point/swoop (dont know what to call it) the part that points toward the grille, notice its closer to the grille than the bumper is to the head light panels. Mine has an even (although bigger) gap along the headlight panel and at the pointy part. If i were to go ahead and push my bumper up anymore, it will close the headlight panel gap, but will also make that grille gap by that point part to be way smaller and not even.

I also totally forgot to mention that the brackets that attach to the truck allow for 1" of adjustment, and then the bumper when it attaches to the brackets allows for 1" adjustment. Ill need to check, but I am certain i pushed them all up.

Last edited:

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score

guys my bumper i modified the mounting brackets and raised the holes 1.75 of a inch which gave me no gaps

HeavyRotation

Reaction score
they arrived in 2 days....boys...this maybe the best buy of all time. the quality is pretty outstanding.....I havent installed yet, but this is pretty crazy. only one lame glaring issue. well 2 but I can get over them. No fog light cutouts (i knew before I bought and will some how rig up some smaller light bars) and you dont get to reuse the license plate lights on the rear bumper, they have like a 1" or so cutout for a round light.....WHICH IS INCLUDED. So thats nice, and unexpected......THE ISSUE IS its a cheap @$$ CHROME round light. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Luckily you can find others to fit that are cheap and look good. lol, thats hilarious. Matte black bumper, CHEAP chrome light......so far i am blown away by these. only the install shall prove if they are worthy. oh and, metal is way thicker than the OEM bumper....so theres that too. And the skid plates heavy and thick as well and is an actual skid plate vs the fake OEM skid plate. Brackets are also probably twice as if not more than 2x thick than OEM. Sensor holes for you guys with parking sensors, with clips. Thats pretty unexpected also. remember$125 for front bumper,$250 rear. Shipping was like $100. CarID has them at that price, everywhere else is selling them each at $600-800+. Anyways heres pics before my wife comes home and finds me with them, need to go hide them now. lol. pic of my truck for you to see what they are going on. yes its a rebel quad 6.4' bed. I specifically wanted a longer bed, and this is what i could find, would rather of had a crew, but oh well.....have you guys ever seen a 5th gen 1500 that is crew and the longer bed? seems like a unicorn.

View attachment 98277 View attachment 98278 View attachment 98279 View attachment 98280 View attachment 98281 View attachment 98282 View attachment 98283 View attachment 98284
Quad with longer bed is the way to go if you don't have kids and haul stuff more often. Looks good.

kliffy77

Reaction score
I bought the Rebel 2 months ago and was planning on customizing ( off-road use) and didn’t do much research before the purchase, I was surprised to see that the only metal bumper i could find was a $2000+ option from ADD and I’m having major problems finding fox shock kits, bull bars, cosmetic mods, etc. This is crazy taking into account that this is supposed to be the off-roading trim of the truck yet i can’t find anything ? I’m I just not looking in the right places or is this something I’ll have to get used too ? If anybody knows why please explain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMHO Ram did a terrible job supporting the new DT platform with accessories, Same thing happened to me when I purchased my 19 Rebel i was shocked from the lack of Mopar or 3rd party accessories For my new Truck, I struggled upgrading my wheels, suspension, lights, And the biggest challenge was installing a winch! We all seen the Mopar concepts that never materialized example Ram OTG! I think FCA only took the Jeep Wrangler seriously, Looking at Ford & the Bronco i think they did an excellent job preparing the platform with all the needful accessories and pushing 3rd party suppliers to start making all kinds of accessories and getting them ready for Bronco customers, I’ve sold my Rebel now and got a TRX same thing again other than a side step or a rock guard I don’t think there will be anything for years to come, Sad but true.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought the Rebel 2 months ago and was planning on customizing ( off-road use) and didn’t do much research before the purchase, I was surprised to see that the only metal bumper i could find was a $2000+ option from ADD and I’m having major problems finding fox shock kits, bull bars, cosmetic mods, etc. This is crazy taking into account that this is supposed to be the off-roading trim of the truck yet i can’t find anything ? I’m I just not looking in the right places or is this something I’ll have to get used too ? If anybody knows why please explain

Yup, no 18" beadlocks, no long travel suspension, no air bump stops, one bumper and the list goes on haha.
I blame it on the fact of the the current ram crowd makes their truck look like. 6" lift and wide wheels lol. I don't ever see much offroading in the ram community. If there is offroading it's just some light fire trails or messing around in the mud lol

20210320_141612.jpg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Look up the brand Evil MFG, they are making a Long Travel kit and have built some cool looking bumpers for the Rebels / other 5th gens.

Attachments

• 279DC406-852C-4306-AC9C-3644DA66436E.png
    279DC406-852C-4306-AC9C-3644DA66436E.png
    386.8 KB · Views: 149
  • DA93149F-FCC5-47F5-ACDE-BFB0899D0232.png
    DA93149F-FCC5-47F5-ACDE-BFB0899D0232.png
    398.7 KB · Views: 151

Rich0513

Reaction score

Been struggling too man... that’s how I ended up here! Hoping for some better luck

A_yakas

Reaction score
Yup, no 18" beadlocks, no long travel suspension, no air bump stops, one bumper and the list goes on haha.
I blame it on the fact of the the current ram crowd makes their truck look like. 6" lift and wide wheels lol. I don't ever see much offroading in the ram community. If there is offroading it's just some light fire trails or messing around in the mud lol

View attachment 99188
Straight Facts Brother!

Atrophaeus

Reaction score
If any of you are interested. I purchased and installed a backlit RAM for my 2019 Rebel (www.harmoncustoms.com). You can choose the color but I went with white but it's a back light so not too noticeable in the day light but awesome at night. You can also customize the color of the RAM letters. I did "bed liner" so that it matches the grill. Hopefully the collage shows the before and after well. Middle is after but not on and bottom is on. I wired them to AC line so they are on whenever the truck is.

Attachments

• Grill collage.jpg
    Grill collage.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 145

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
IMHO Ram did a terrible job supporting the new DT platform with accessories, Same thing happened to me when I purchased my 19 Rebel i was shocked from the lack of Mopar or 3rd party accessories For my new Truck, I struggled upgrading my wheels, suspension, lights, And the biggest challenge was installing a winch! We all seen the Mopar concepts that never materialized example Ram OTG! I think FCA only took the Jeep Wrangler seriously, Looking at Ford & the Bronco i think they did an excellent job preparing the platform with all the needful accessories and pushing 3rd party suppliers to start making all kinds of accessories and getting them ready for Bronco customers, I’ve sold my Rebel now and got a TRX same thing again other than a side step or a rock guard I don’t think there will be anything for years to come, Sad but true.
I've always had 4x4s, and never really had 'the right truck' as far as aftermarket accessories goes (2 '85 Nissans, a '78 K5 Blazer, and my '80 CJ-7 - tons of aftermarket goodies for Toyotas, late-model Chevys, and the CJs were overshadowed by the Wranglers). Now, I have a Longhorn and just want a decent-looking replacement grille (I'm not a fan of the chrome horizontal slats), but... nada. Makes it tough to really enjoy your truck and get it the way you want it... but, it's usually doable... just gotta keep lookin'.

Looks like vadedram found an awesome set-up. I've always liked the quasi-pre-runner bumper look... and on the 5thGens, this set looks pretty spiffy, if you ask me. Nice find, and good lookin' Ram! (y)

Those Randy Ellis Bull Bars look a little cheese-mo to me. Come to think of it, it kind of does remind me of the Personal Pace handle on my Toro mower. :ROFLMAO:

Atrophaeus

Reaction score
Might as well mention too the bed spray on the skid plate. I couldn't stand the color contrast but like the blend now with the rest of the bumper.

Attachments

• rebel.jpg
    rebel.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 152
Reaction score
54F98DC8-7520-4B7B-832C-D454D9F1BC29.jpeg In reading the frustration about lack of aftermarket support I figured I would share that I have a fully built Rebel that was in SEMA this year. I don’t hop on forums a lot but if you have any questions message me on Instagram @BeanXOverland or reach out to Expedition One as they make the bumpers and racks 🤘🏼

Users who are viewing this thread