5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is the Rebel aftermarket so damn empty?!

vadedram

Reaction score
all bumpers fit the issues is more so the rebel has smaller light panels two inchs smaller, so it sits higher .. reg 1500 trims are about 5 inchs.

also eco diesel like mines i have to move the inter cooler alittle furter back
Has anybody posted pictures of what a non Rebel specific bumper looks like installed on a Rebel. I would like to see how bad the gaps below the headlight panels look. I am wanting something like the Westin outlaw front bumper, prerunner style, with hole for a large light bar. But I am not spending $2,500+++ for an ADD bumper, even though they look amazing. And before someone says the gaps will look bad........they will probably look better than the dented/scratched OEM Rebel bumper I have now🤣..........i wonder if you can swap in some regular 1500 head light panels too if its that bad........

maybe ill just slap on some more light bars to fill the gap.:LOL::LOL: anyways, if someone can point to or post to some pics that would be awesome. thanks

U

User_21361

Front bumper impact advice

Someone posted a photo in another thread I made. The gap didn’t look terrible to me

vadedram

Reaction score
Front bumper impact advice

Someone posted a photo in another thread I made. The gap didn’t look terrible to me
oh, cool thanks. Yeah, I dont even see a gap at all, at least one that is different from any other aftermarket bumper on a regular ram 1500. Thanks

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
gap is at the panel of lights rebels are 5 inchs. orhers are 7
i raised mounting brackets 1 3/4 upwards. almost 2 inchs then covered gap with light bar because i didnt feel like changing. grill and i didnt mind cuting a grill i can buy all over oem. for like 100 bucks
here is poc of gap behind light bar its like 1/2 inch of bottom grill

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 111

vadedram

Reaction score
gap is at the panel of lights rebels are 5 inchs. orhers are 7
i raised mounting brackets 1 3/4 upwards. almost 2 inchs then covered gap with light bar because i didnt feel like changing. grill and i didnt mind cuting a grill i can buy all over oem. for like 100 bucks
here is poc of gap behind light bar its like 1/2 inch of bottom grill
I was thinking about slapping another light bar on top of whatever bumper I plan to get just like that, so that works for me to. So to confirm, you were able to just adjust the mount brackets upwards enough so the gap isnt bad below the headlight panels?

You mentioned cutting, did you have to cut something?

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was thinking about slapping another light bar on top of whatever bumper I plan to get just like that, so that works for me to. So to confirm, you were able to just adjust the mount brackets upwards enough so the gap isnt bad below the headlight panels?

You mentioned cutting, did you have to cut something?
i cut my grill to slide my 30 inch inch bar half inch on each side or less nothing major, as for the mounting brackets yes i alter the plate and just made new holes upwards to what i needed ... then after i got it on i. got two piece cut with the new holes only so that way the bumper brackets technically wouldnt be weaker from all these extra holes (only did that for my peace of mind) it was on for about 1 month no issues.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 64
U

User_21361

Has anybody posted pictures of what a non Rebel specific bumper looks like installed on a Rebel. I would like to see how bad the gaps below the headlight panels look. I am wanting something like the Westin outlaw front bumper, prerunner style, with hole for a large light bar. But I am not spending $2,500+++ for an ADD bumper, even though they look amazing. And before someone says the gaps will look bad........they will probably look better than the dented/scratched OEM Rebel bumper I have now🤣..........i wonder if you can swap in some regular 1500 head light panels too if its that bad........

maybe ill just slap on some more light bars to fill the gap.:LOL::LOL: anyways, if someone can point to or post to some pics that would be awesome. thanks
Quick side note, ADD is running free shipping because their lead times are 9-10 weeks out. Still a $2200 bumper (+ light), but they are sick looking. I plan on dropping in some cheap *** light to fill the space (I may not even wire it up) as I dont need the light). I should be less than 2400 total out the door.

vadedram

Reaction score
1624776307047.png
I found this TrailFX bumper. Its the style I want. Anybody have any info on these or the brand. I cant really find anything on forums. Everybody that is selling them is selling them for like $800+ dollars. Except CarID is selling them for $121. WTF. haha. I may or may not have one on the way. LOL. They are selling matching rear for like $240. What is going on here?

One Piece Design; Direct Fit; Mounting Hardware Included; Without Grille Guard; Without Winch Mount; Without D-Ring Mount; With Double Row Straight Light Bar Cutout; Black Titanium Powder Coated Steel; OE Sensor Compatible

• Accommodates TrailFX 30 Inch Double Row Straight Light Bar And 3 Inch LED Flush Mount Cube Lights
  • Compatible With OE Front Parking Sensors And Up To A 12,000 Pounds Winch Capacity
  • Stylish And Functional Front End Protection
  • Rugged, Fully Welded Design
  • Easy Bolt-On Installation To Factory Mounting Points
  • Limited 3 Year Warranty
FPRB003TI
RPRB003TI

U

User_21361

View attachment 98098
I found this TrailFX bumper. Its the style I want. Anybody have any info on these or the brand. I cant really find anything on forums. Everybody that is selling them is selling them for like $800+ dollars. Except CarID is selling them for $121. WTF. haha. I may or may not have one on the way. LOL. They are selling matching rear for like $240. What is going on here?

One Piece Design; Direct Fit; Mounting Hardware Included; Without Grille Guard; Without Winch Mount; Without D-Ring Mount; With Double Row Straight Light Bar Cutout; Black Titanium Powder Coated Steel; OE Sensor Compatible

• Accommodates TrailFX 30 Inch Double Row Straight Light Bar And 3 Inch LED Flush Mount Cube Lights
  • Compatible With OE Front Parking Sensors And Up To A 12,000 Pounds Winch Capacity
  • Stylish And Functional Front End Protection
  • Rugged, Fully Welded Design
  • Easy Bolt-On Installation To Factory Mounting Points
  • Limited 3 Year Warranty
FPRB003TI
RPRB003TI

$400 is a very cheap experiment. Good luck and keep us posted.

vadedram

Reaction score
$400 is a very cheap experiment. Good luck and keep us posted.
exactly. haha. (unless your being sarcastic) I dont care about heavy duty, and it cant be any thinner than OEM bumper from what i can tell. Plus I mostly just want to get rid of my dented bumper. The "skid" plates dented, and the black bumper covers dented, and the mesh grill is cracked.....They want like $600 plus just for the dang bumper cover, the skid plate is what like $300 plus, and both have been backordered for months. Plus i might even need to replace some brackets too.....previous owner hit a fence a little with it and didnt fix it. Its not much, but i dont like looking at it. Hence why I cant just get my insurance to fix it.

ill be the guinea pig here. if its junk, shouldnt be hard to pawn it off on facebook marketplace. might even make some money off it. lol.

anything is better than a dent right now......and i blew too much money on my previous truck and my car on "good" parts.

ill let yall roast me when i get it on. I should get it this next week, then i am on vacation, so have time to do it all.

I just hope its not like a bumper for a like a little truck model, lol, at $124. Probably get it delivered in the mailbox. 🤣

U

User_21361

exactly. haha. (unless your being sarcastic) I dont care about heavy duty, and it cant be any thinner than OEM bumper from what i can tell. Plus I mostly just want to get rid of my dented bumper. The "skid" plates dented, and the black bumper covers dented, and the mesh grill is cracked.....They want like $600 plus just for the dang bumper cover, the skid plate is what like $300 plus, and both have been backordered for months. Plus i might even need to replace some brackets too.....previous owner hit a fence a little with it and didnt fix it. Its not much, but i dont like looking at it. Hence why I cant just get my insurance to fix it.

ill be the guinea pig here. if its junk, shouldnt be hard to pawn it off on facebook marketplace. might even make some money off it. lol.

anything is better than a dent right now......and i blew too much money on my previous truck and my car on "good" parts.

ill let yall roast me when i get it on. I should get it this next week, then i am on vacation, so have time to do it all.

I just hope its not like a bumper for a like a little truck model, lol, at $124. Probably get it delivered in the mailbox.

Not being sarcastic. I did the same thing testing out the Clayton springs (highly recommended btw). If you can, when you swap the rear, weight the stock bumper. I’m on a relentless push to reduce weight. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vadedram

Reaction score
they arrived in 2 days....boys...this maybe the best buy of all time. the quality is pretty outstanding.....I havent installed yet, but this is pretty crazy. only one lame glaring issue. well 2 but I can get over them. No fog light cutouts (i knew before I bought and will some how rig up some smaller light bars) and you dont get to reuse the license plate lights on the rear bumper, they have like a 1" or so cutout for a round light.....WHICH IS INCLUDED. So thats nice, and unexpected......THE ISSUE IS its a cheap @$$ CHROME round light. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Luckily you can find others to fit that are cheap and look good. lol, thats hilarious. Matte black bumper, CHEAP chrome light......so far i am blown away by these. only the install shall prove if they are worthy. oh and, metal is way thicker than the OEM bumper....so theres that too. And the skid plates heavy and thick as well and is an actual skid plate vs the fake OEM skid plate. Brackets are also probably twice as if not more than 2x thick than OEM. Sensor holes for you guys with parking sensors, with clips. Thats pretty unexpected also. remember$125 for front bumper,$250 rear. Shipping was like $100. CarID has them at that price, everywhere else is selling them each at $600-800+. Anyways heres pics before my wife comes home and finds me with them, need to go hide them now. lol. pic of my truck for you to see what they are going on. yes its a rebel quad 6.4' bed. I specifically wanted a longer bed, and this is what i could find, would rather of had a crew, but oh well.....have you guys ever seen a 5th gen 1500 that is crew and the longer bed? seems like a unicorn.

IMG_7506.jpg IMG_7507.jpg IMG_7508.jpg IMG_7509.jpg IMG_7510.jpg IMG_7511.jpg IMG_7512.jpg IMG_7513.jpg

U

User_21361

That rear bumper is nice looking. Would love to know the weight. If its lighter I may pull the trigger as well. Good find. Also, please post what the gap looks like at the grill!

vadedram

Reaction score
That rear bumper is nice looking. Would love to know the weight. If its lighter I may pull the trigger as well. Good find. Also, please post what the gap looks like at the grill!
Just finished the install of front and back. Did it by myself. Super simple, bolt holes all lined up nice and easy. I will post pics in just a bit.

Pro-marriage-wife-hack-tip #1: always install car/truck parts before your significant other ever finds out about them. Most of the time, they dont even notice....lets see if thats the case. :LOL: The best part is when its been 3 months and they finally notice, then all you gotta say is "Ive had that for a while now" :ROFLMAO:

As far as weight, the rear OEM bumper is way lighter. New rear is maybe twice as heavy, maybe more. When I removed the rear OEM bumper it was like feather light, the new one was alot heavier. The front OEM bumper is heavier than the new one. With the new skid plate, probably the same weight.

Notes on new rear bumper:
  • Fits great, nice even lines/gaps. Gaps maybe slightly more than OEM (but helps match the new front gaps). I installed with it pushed all the way up. You get about 1" to play with.
  • License plate light is lame. I need help finding a black 1 1/4" led snap in license plate light, wish it let you use OEM license plate lights. Might have to get one that mounts on the plate, since I cant find a black one.
  • Cant use a license plate frame (or at least the simple one I had) theres a slot the bottom of the plate goes in a little bit.
  • AMAZING for the price. Super cheap. Awesome matte black finish. No glaringly bad welds.
  • Seems like top notch quality.
  • I have flush mount LED cubes on order to go in the pre-cut holes. Another awesome thing about it.
  • I want to know now if there are some LED marker lights that will fit in the pre-cut sensor holes, since I dont have sensors.
Notes on front bumper:
  • No fog light holes for using OEM fogs and no mounts for any side mounted lights to act as fogs.
  • Only thing ready out of the box for a light is the front center slot for a 20" or 30" straight LED light bar (I have one coming)
  • Comes with a grille insert if not using light bar, and comes with a shroud thing to use if using a 20" and not 30" bar to fill the gaps.
  • The skid plate is an actual skid plate and is way thicker than the fake OEM skid plate.
  • Comes with license plate mount (Texas, I have to have one, literally have been pulled over every time I didnt have one) It covers up the "TRAILFX" brand name that is plasma cut or whatever into the bottom of the bumper where it meets the skid plate.
  • Bolts/mounts all lined up great and no issues with install, super simple. You have about 1" of adjustments up and down.
  • Gaps are not that bad at all. I pushed the bumper all the way up when I installed. Gaps below headlights literally looks about the same as the gaps with the rear bumper, so it matches the back. It is about 2" of gap, which makes sense for the non-REBELS. Looks totally fine, totally normal, and totally like its meant to look. To me at least.
  • Grille gap is not great, its obviously made for the non-rebel grill. YOU WILL NEED TO DO SOMETHING to make it look good.
  • In the end, looks 100% better than a dented OEM bumper, and is WAY cheaper , easier, faster than fixing the OEM, or replacing OEM.
My plans/ideas for the grille gap:
  • I am thinking of slapping on a curved 30-40" light bar on top of bumper. Should cover the gap. Planned on doing that anyways.
  • You could probably install something along the bottom of the grill on that flat area with those square holes and make it look ok, not sure what, trim, lights, idk. Actually probably best to do this and the light bar above.
  • Let me know what you think, ideas to cover it....
100% happy. Ill take a $125 front bumper, $250 rear bumper, and $100 shipping over a $2500 front bumper only any day. In fact, I can damage and replace these what, like 5 times for the cost of one ADD bumper. 🤣🤣🤣

Pics coming up in less than 10 minutes.

vadedram

Reaction score
Here you go. Forgot to add. Instructions said to remove tow hooks. I didnt have to at all. Didnt interfere with anything. And actually doesnt look bad keeping them on. I may or may not keep them IDK, but its nice to have them when you need them. Yes one tow hook is bent.

I also forgot, I have rough country 3.5" lift.

IMG_7517.jpg IMG_7517.jpg IMG_7518.jpg IMG_7519.jpg IMG_7520.jpg IMG_7521.jpg IMG_7522.jpg IMG_7523.jpg IMG_7524.jpg IMG_7525.jpg

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
@ vadedram thanks for outstanding write up and photos: looks good to me. I just can’t see myself paying for the shipping to Alaska.

2019 Ram Rebel, 5.7 Hemi

vadedram

Reaction score
Looking more at the OEM front bumper, mine still had about this much gap under the headlights, except the OEM bumper has some black plastic pieces that go up behind that panel below the headlights, helping hide the gap. Going to look into something similar. The gap is fine, its just now you can see through the gap to stuff on the other side making it seem worse. When I pulled the OEM bumper off those black plastic pieces im talking about got hung up behind those headlight panels, forcing me to twist the bumper upward, down, then out to get it loose.

to be clear again, i obviously know the grille gap is terrible looking.

light bars are the new duct tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/