5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is the Rebel aftermarket so damn empty?!

HKJShawabkah

Reaction score
I bought the Rebel 2 months ago and was planning on customizing ( off-road use) and didn’t do much research before the purchase, I was surprised to see that the only metal bumper i could find was a $2000+ option from ADD and I’m having major problems finding fox shock kits, bull bars, cosmetic mods, etc. This is crazy taking into account that this is supposed to be the off-roading trim of the truck yet i can’t find anything ? I’m I just not looking in the right places or is this something I’ll have to get used too ? If anybody knows why please explain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REBELmtnbiker

Reaction score
It's out there just have to look for it harder. I agree..no wider fender flares etc. I think some companies are thing people are fine with the way the REBEL looks since it's "beefier". My Buddy bought a Laramie Longhorn, he bought a 2" lift and put new wheels and 35" tires on and my REBEL still sits higher than his in normal mode. I just have a 2" front level and air links.

HKJShawabkah

Reaction score
Still a very stupid assumption to make but I can see , but what does that have to do with bullbars and bumpers?

REBELmtnbiker

Reaction score
The other Ram levels get more attention since that is the BIGGER market
20-30% REBEL < 70-80% Laramie/bighorn/sport/tradesman/longhorn

The bumpers will fit on the REBEL, just more gap at the sides from the different bezel beneath the headlight on the REBEL vs the regular Ram levels. Might be cheaper to fab your own and get exactly what you like. They do have kits out there, but your welder will be the one to make it look hero or zero.

Americantruck04

Reaction score
I bought the Rebel 2 months ago and was planning on customizing ( off-road use) and didn’t do much research before the purchase, I was surprised to see that the only metal bumper i could find was a $2000+ option from ADD and I’m having major problems finding fox shock kits, bull bars, cosmetic mods, etc. This is crazy taking into account that this is supposed to be the off-roading trim of the truck yet i can’t find anything ? I’m I just not looking in the right places or is this something I’ll have to get used too ? If anybody knows why please explain

Americantruck04

Reaction score

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There’s a lot of stuff out there that says it won’t fit the rebel but you can usually still make it work fine if you can think outside of the box. For instance, I’m running bilstein 5100 adjustable leveling shocks on my truck, as are many others with rebels on this forum. Bilstein explicitly says that they won’t fit the rebel lol one slight change to the install process and they work fine

STR

Reaction score
One problem is that a lot of companies have not updated their websites, i.e., most leveling kits don’t list the Rebel... when many on this forum have successfully installed kits made for the Gen 4. Many parts have universal fitment. As mentioned above, you have to conduct a little more research.

SoCalBogey

Reaction score
There is just not a whole lot of aftermarket for the 5th gen Rams unfortunately. I’m about to fabricate some sliders, a front bumper and a secondary battery holder. I plan on hopefully offering these things for sale shortly after I get them all fixed up.

Liam Leen

Reaction score
There’s a lot of stuff out there that says it won’t fit the rebel but you can usually still make it work fine if you can think outside of the box. For instance, I’m running bilstein 5100 adjustable leveling shocks on my truck, as are many others with rebels on this forum. Bilstein explicitly says that they won’t fit the rebel lol one slight change to the install process and they work fine
Do you have a picture of your rebel with the 5100s?

U

User_21361

Here is mine with 5100s on setting 5
23c1dab3627191e376af89ce0b9ed997.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

U

User_21361

Tire size any trimming/rubbing?
Stock duratracs (33.2) on fuel rebel wheels -12 offset. No rubbing but very very close (1/8") clearance from weather tech mid flaps.

Planning on 35s, but really don't want to lose the mud flaps. Anyone figure out how to make this work?

Liam Leen

Reaction score
Stock duratracs (33.2) on fuel rebel wheels -12 offset. No rubbing but very very close (1/8") clearance from weather tech mid flaps.

Planning on 35s, but really don't want to lose the mud flaps. Anyone figure out how to make this work?

Do you have a picture of your truck?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The new body style hasn't been around long enough. Same thing happened when the 4th gens first came out

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score

yeah you gotta bend the bracket thats behind that little oem mud flap trim piece. I have big *** husky mud dogs on my truck with 35's, had to trim them a little bit but take your time and you can make yours work and it shouldnt be noticeable

Users who are viewing this thread