5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who here is NOT happy with their e-Torque system?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I dunno, the Sport comes standard with just about everything the Laramie has plus body colour bumpers and handles, automatic high beams, leather buckets with 12-way power, 12" screen, forward collision braking, rain sensitive wipers, 20" polished rims, block heater, and probably a few others I can't think of right now. This is all stock for the Sport trim while Laramies have those available as options or in packages, but I don't believe they're stock. I'd say it's a higher trim level than the US Laramie. However, here in Canada the Laramie is a higher trim level than the Sport but is still missing a few features...it's a bit messed up. I would think keeping all the trims the same would be cheaper and easier.
:)
Laramie in the states has all LED lights, dual power heated and cooled front seats, reclining rear seats, memory seats, mirrors, pedals, climate, and radio. Along with everything you listed, except block heater, off the top of my head. US and Canadian trucks are very different.

23RAM

Reaction score
Laramie in the states has all LED lights, dual power heated and cooled front seats, reclining rear seats, memory seats, mirrors, pedals, climate, and radio. Along with everything you listed, except block heater, off the top of my head. US and Canadian trucks are very different.
Perhaps I'm not explaining my point properly.

The stock trim Laramie does not have any of the features I listed at the base price - no V8 Hemi, 12" screen, 20" rims, leather seats, bucket seats, body colour parts, etc. You can get them in packages or options, but not stock trim. That's why Sport models are listed as "Rebel" trim in the US because it has more basic features above the Laramie.

Just like the Limited has more stock features than a Rebel or Sport. You're getting more, but paying for it in the trim level.

6of36

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm not explaining my point properly.

The stock trim Laramie does not have any of the features I listed at the base price - no V8 Hemi, 12" screen, 20" rims, leather seats, bucket seats, body colour parts, etc. You can get them in packages or options, but not stock trim. That's why Sport models are listed as "Rebel" trim in the US because it has more basic features above the Laramie.

Just like the Limited has more stock features than a Rebel or Sport. You're getting more, but paying for it in the trim level.
Laramies here do come standard with leather, heated, cooled, memory seats. Six seat is standard, but still same buckets, no console. They are just totally different than Canadian Laramies. I never realized how different they are. They are like two different brands. You can get things on a sport that we can't even order on a Bighorn, but still missing things we get on a Laramie.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I have a Built To Serve edition. Try figuring out that configuration. It’s a mish mash of features, but overall I do like it. No issues with e-torque after two years and 40,000 miles. Great truck.

Jray22

Reaction score
22’ @ 6K. Hated it at first jerky jerky on stop/starts. Since then AS is disabled (another govt brain child) Still felt it.
Truck was in for the fueling issue etc. they reflashed the PCM twice. No more jerky jerky feeling or I’m just become accustomed to it.

BowDown

Reaction score
22’ @ 6K. Hated it at first jerky jerky on stop/starts. Since then AS is disabled (another govt brain child) Still felt it.
Truck was in for the fueling issue etc. they reflashed the PCM twice. No more jerky jerky feeling or I’m just become accustomed to it.

If you disabled auto start stop and still felt that motion then its in the driveline

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you disabled auto start stop and still felt that motion then its in the driveline
It should still do the half wheel turn assist even with AS disabled I think. Might be what he’s feeling

BowDown

Reaction score
Yes but
It should still do the half wheel turn assist even with AS disabled I think. Might be what he’s feeling
AS/S is what unloads the driveline when auto stop engages. If you've disabled auto stop, the drive should stay loaded up or always have torque on it as the torque converter is still spinning.
It sounds like the excessive rear diff blacklash that we all seem to have to me

Dewey

Reaction score
I always wondered about the half wheel turn assist with AS disabled. I heard both ways. Makes sense that it wouldn’t give half turn assist when AS is turned off. If it is still giving that extra 110 ft lbs of torque they claim I certainly don’t notice it compared to my non-eTorque Hemi’s.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I always wondered about the half wheel turn assist with AS disabled. I heard both ways. Makes sense that it wouldn’t give half turn assist when AS is turned off. If it is still giving that extra 110 ft lbs of torque they claim I certainly don’t notice it compared to my non-eTorque Hemi’s.
Even if it did that's not how it works.
It's not an extra 110 ft lbs, it's ONLY 110 ft lbs.
The 2 systems can't and don't power the truck at once.

Dewey

Reaction score
Even if it did that's not how it works.
It's not an extra 110 ft lbs, it's ONLY 110 ft lbs.
The 2 systems can't and don't power the truck at once.
I know what it means just didn’t word it correctly. Point is it’s supposed to get the truck rolling before the motor kicks in. My question was pertaining to AS being disabled. This 1/2 wheel rotation is no longer active…..correct? I’ve heard both ways and wanna clear that up.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I know what it means just didn’t word it correctly. Point is it’s supposed to get the truck rolling before the motor kicks in. My question was pertaining to AS being disabled. This 1/2 wheel rotation is no longer active…..correct? I’ve heard both ways and wanna clear that up.
The only thing the switch turns off is the stop/start. All other aspects of the etorque system are always active regardless of the stop/start switch.

BowDown

Reaction score
My 2020 Limited with e torque has not had any issues. I also leave it on all the time and the start from when it shuts down is very fast, such that never thought of disabling it.

As do I and nor does mine. The rears in these trucks have more backlash than the std .008, There's also the slip joint on the driveshaft that binds up from time to time. I think what a a lot of people feel is one or both of these and falsely attribute it to the etorque system

sblack33741

Reaction score
Seem like the 2023s will have the e-Torque system and curious what are the major complaints from owners (if any)?

Also for anyone in the southern states, how did the e-Torque manage through those hot humid July/Aug months?
Does the e-Torque system cut out the A/C unit?
My etorque stops when climate needs are demanding it to. Also, you can hit the A button and stop it every time you turn it on.

akaTheDude

Reaction score
My 2020 Limited with e torque has not had any issues. I also leave it on all the time and the start from when it shuts down is very fast, such that never thought of disabling it.
Same here on my 2024, loving it and thought I would hate the AST, but its smooth as silk and I dont even really notice it anymore.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
I have a 22 crew cab with 6-4 bed. Very rare configuration. It is powered by the v6 eTorque. It’s fine. I consistently average 20 to 21 mpg nearly all city. I average about 23 combined. I pull a 20’ fish and ski with single axle trailer from time to time never had a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread