5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who here is NOT happy with their e-Torque system?

23RAM

Reaction score
I honestly do not see any savings with the e torque since my 22 Ram fuel economy isn't any better compared to my 19 Ram without e torque. I wouldn't pay a premium on this system hence Ram is not giving an option on MY23 onwards IMO
At $300 a year savings at best, that's less than a dollar a day savings. The average driving day wouldn't show a difference in mileage.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We drove a 22 with e/Torque and while it worked well and was actually very smooth in operation, it's not a cost effective option. A couple of years ago the e/Torque addition was $3400 and a reasonable "greener" option. But today the inflated price of $8,910 (on the CDN Sport) for the feature is ridiculous when it can only save you $3,000 of fuel savings over 10 years of ownership - you never get your investment back. That's why we chose not to get e/Torque, it doesn't save any money in the long run and the "green-ness" of the feature is dubious. Just like a friend of mine who bought a Tesla. He thinks he's fully green with his rechargeable vehicle. Then I reminded him about the coal plant that generates the electricity to recharge his "green" vehicle.
:oops:
Where are you getting those numbers? When I got my 20, it was the same price for etorque and non etorque. Even the upgrade from a 6 cylinder, to a Hemi etorque is only $2995 now.

Bigtone

Reaction score
Those of you with the issues with Regen braking should really get your truck looked at - my 2021 Etorque Hemi has almost no noticeable regen at anytime and my Brother-in-laws 2022 pentastar Etorque also has no noticeable regen. Both of us had non Etorque trucks previous to these so would notice a difference if it was there.
Same here. I do not notice the regenerative braking at all on my 2021 Limited.

23RAM

Reaction score
Where are you getting those numbers?
Canadian RAM build pricing website. Prices have climbed in the last year for e/Torque up here for some reason while our idiot government have been pushing hard on manufacturers to increase "green" options and tax those of us without "green" features even more. Actual dealer price will be less, but similar options with the e/Torque was about 3k more last year, and about $1500 two years ago. Even at $3000 last year it would take ten years of ownership to break even and you still haven't made a blip on the environmental radar. And now at nearly 9k upgrade, it's a complete joke and you'll never get that investment back unless you can squeeze 30 years out of your truck with daily driving.

Screenshot_20230308_185923.png

And if you build a Limited it's a $1495 upgrade:

Screenshot_20230308_190136.png

Welcome to Canaduh...the land of high prices and higher taxes...
:(

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Canadian RAM build pricing website. Prices have climbed in the last year for e/Torque up here for some reason while our idiot government have been pushing hard on manufacturers to increase "green" options and tax those of us without "green" features even more. Actual dealer price will be less, but similar options with the e/Torque was about 3k more last year, and about $1500 two years ago. Even at $3000 last year it would take ten years of ownership to break even and you still haven't made a blip on the environmental radar. And now at nearly 9k upgrade, it's a complete joke and you'll never get that investment back unless you can squeeze 30 years out of your truck with daily driving.

That website loos like a$$.

The same Limited I have costs 90k after discounts. It claims there is a 10% MSRP discount when orering the truck... Do you not need to waste time going around to different dealership to order it? I did notice there are some things we can get taht you ca't get off the website like a 33 gallon tank (only 27.4) and i'm not 100% sure the packages line up, but mine had all options except towing options so I just grabbed them all.
The truck ends up 65k USD which is what I got my truck for after flying across the entire country and driving it 1700 miles home.... If I can get that at any Canadian dealership I don't think that is bad at all in Canada imo.

I still wanna know wtf the "sport" trim is. You can get a Rebel 12 package on it, it comes with a 5.7 standard, and eTorque is $8,910? So many questions.

1678327193850.png

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
I don’t understand why they made eTorque standard in all 2023 USA Hemi Rams. Imho all this does is inflate the price of the truck. When I needed a new truck in August 2021 the only thing on the lots were eTorque in Laramie. I ordered out specifically to get one without as I tow 60% of the time and highway drive the other 40%. I read the entire thread and watched the video. They remove the owner not wanting this system from the sale. For Me… No thanks…..

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why they made eTorque standard in all 2023 USA Hemi Rams. Imho all this does is inflate the price of the truck. When I needed a new truck in August 2021 the only thing on the lots were eTorque in Laramie. I ordered out specifically to get one without as I tow 60% of the time and highway drive the other 40%. I read the entire thread and watched the video. They remove the owner not wanting this system from the sale. For Me… No thanks…..
Because they don't care about you.
They only care about the bottom line, and keeping less engine choices makes it cheaper for them to build.

Just wait until they remove the v8 as an "option" in the near future.

23RAM

Reaction score
I still wanna know wtf the "sport" trim is. You can get a Rebel 12 package on it, it comes with a 5.7 standard, and eTorque is $8,910? So many questions.
The Sport trim is similar to the Laramie with body colour bumpers, door handles, etc. and many of the standard features of the Laramie. It's a marketing scheme to create a different trim that is supposed to be unique to Canadians. But you can now order a Sport appearance package on the Laramie to make it look like a Sport, it just doesn't have the "Sport" badging.

6of36

Reaction score

View attachment 154051

View attachment 154052

That's insanity. US it was the same price. For 23 they eliminated the non etorque, and after January, the ecodiesel.

6of36

Reaction score
The Sport trim is similar to the Laramie with body colour bumpers, door handles, etc. and many of the standard features of the Laramie. It's a marketing scheme to create a different trim that is supposed to be unique to Canadians. But you can now order a Sport appearance package on the Laramie to make it look like a Sport, it just doesn't have the "Sport" badging.
Canada has Sport, instead of Bighorn/Lonestar.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've seen used Sport's on dealership lots in the US where they stated it was a Rebel. I laughed until I saw the window sticker said it was a Sport/Rebel. The lines seem to be a little blurred in Canada as far as different trim levels go. Here's one example...

And here's the window sticker for that truck...

6of36

Reaction score
American Laramies don't come standard with colored bumpers, and come standard with a lot more than the Canadian Sport. Canadian trucks are way different than US trucks. Ours don't have standard v8 until Limited. Your sport is basically still our Bighorn, with a couple additional standard features like the engine and power seats standard.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
American Laramies don't come with colored bumpers, and come standard with a lot more than the Canadian Sport. Canadian trucks are way different than US trucks. Ours don't have standard v8 until Limited. Your sport is basically still our Bighorn, with a couple additional standard features like the engine and power seats standard.

Here's my Laramie with body-colored bumpers.

Screenshot 2022-09-23 14520.jpg

23RAM

Reaction score
American Laramies don't come standard with colored bumpers, and come standard with a lot more than the Canadian Sport. Canadian trucks are way different than US trucks. Ours don't have standard v8 until Limited. Your sport is basically still our Bighorn, with a couple additional standard features like the engine and power seats standard.
I dunno, the Sport comes standard with just about everything the Laramie has plus body colour bumpers and handles, automatic high beams, leather buckets with 12-way power, 12" screen, forward collision braking, rain sensitive wipers, 20" polished rims, block heater, and probably a few others I can't think of right now. This is all stock for the Sport trim while Laramies have those available as options or in packages, but I don't believe they're stock. I'd say it's a higher trim level than the US Laramie. However, here in Canada the Laramie is a higher trim level than the Sport but is still missing a few features...it's a bit messed up. I would think keeping all the trims the same would be cheaper and easier.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread