5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you find the build date on the window sticker

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Mine only has the day and month. I know it was 2018 because I bought it in January 2019 :)
They’re referring to the MDH numbers on the door jamb sticker vs the SL numbers at the bottom of the window sticker. In the below pic, that truck rolled off the line October 3rd in the 15th hour. It’s window sticker shows October 4th as the SL number.
5E4E22E4-912B-4324-9E9C-16A8EB034E81.jpeg

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Parts shortage thing for a month or two or so around the time my truck was built back in May. So if you see window stickers from around those times (I guess I would just say spring of 21), expect to see the active air dam delete. And it just has a fixed air dam instead, probably the standard one I would assume? Here's some pictures I have on my computer that show it:

View attachment 107804
View attachment 107805
That makes sense, so you think you have the actual air dam under there or are you just referring too th lower valance.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That makes sense, so you think you have the actual air dam under there or are you just referring too th lower valance.

There would be something additional under the valance or air dam (I think it's a air dam here but someone correct me if I'm wrong)? The truck is already pretty low up front, that would make it extremely low, it would drag going in/out of my driveway. I believe that is just a fixed in place air dam rather than the active one.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The active air dam lives tucked up behind the fixed air dam (lower valance). If the active air dam isn't installed it's just empty space behind the fixed air dam. The fixed air dam is the same regardless of whether you have the active air dam or not.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The active air dam lives tucked up behind the fixed air dam (lower valance). If the active air dam isn't installed it's just empty space behind the fixed air dam. The fixed air dam is the same regardless of whether you have the active air dam or not.

As always, thanks for the info Mike!

KrechetJack

Reaction score
Hey! I have one website that I have bookmarked. ClearVin provides copies of the original window stickers. I am using them because I am owner of a dealership in Ohio. The price is low for such a good service.

Users who are viewing this thread