5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel Spacers

Ram Dude

Reaction score
I have Venum 1.5” spacers all around, torqued to 130, and just returned from a road trip and driving on toll highway where speed limit was 85 mph. Set cruise to 90, smooth as silk, no vibration

FiremanHemi

Reaction score
I have Venum 1.5” spacers all around, torqued to 130, and just returned from a road trip and driving on toll highway where speed limit was 85 mph. Set cruise to 90, smooth as silk, no vibration
I have the venum’s as well. Wondering if they’re torqued to 130, never really checked after I put them on and I let the shop that put my tires on throw the spacers on as well. My fault I guess, but will definitely check tomorrow. Thanks fellas

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
So with the smaller spacers do you have to trim the wheel lugs or anything? I’m interested in adding .50-.75” spacers to my 20x10 -24 wheels and 37x12.50 MTs. Thanks!

NHjake98

Reaction score
So with the smaller spacers do you have to trim the wheel lugs or anything? I’m interested in adding .50-.75” spacers to my 20x10 -24 wheels and 37x12.50 MTs. Thanks!
I have a rebel and measured the pockets of the wheels before I bought my spacers. I am running .75" in the front and did not have to cut my studs. If you don't have a rebel, I am not sure what that pocket depth is.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I have a rebel and measured the pockets of the wheels before I bought my spacers. I am running .75" in the front and did not have to cut my studs. If you don't have a rebel, I am not sure what that pocket depth is.
Hmm what was the measurement of the pockets? I’ll try to see if my wheels have close to the same I guess

ais122

Reaction score
Reviving this thread to ask if anyone knows what the thread length is for a 2021 Laramie? Looking to do a .5" in the rear and 3/8" in the front. I have Black Rhino's w/ a 1" pocket. I guess math says that if the threads are 1.5 or longer then I can't run .5s... thoughts anyone?

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reviving this thread to ask if anyone knows what the thread length is for a 2021 Laramie? Looking to do a .5" in the rear and 3/8" in the front. I have Black Rhino's w/ a 1" pocket. I guess math says that if the threads are 1.5 or longer then I can't run .5s... thoughts anyone?
They are 1.5". Any smaller spacer and you'll have to cut the lug bolts down.

ais122

Reaction score
At the minimum I would go to 3/4". I wouldn't feel comfortable with the thread count any less than that.
Thanks for the follow up. I called Bora and spoke with them and put in an order for .85" in the rear and .35" in the front to make sure I get enough threads on both. Seems like anything more than a 3/8" for a slip on would not leave enough threads, but also having anything larger than a .5" on a leveled truck would make for some gnarly trimming to accommodate for rub.

ldelapuente27

Reaction score
Alright. So after reading all 25 pages of this thread throughout the last 2 days I still have a few questions and concerns since this will be the first truck I am lifting, spacers etc.

I currently have a 2022 Limited 4x4 short bed Night Edition on order and hope to get it not too far from now. This would be the 4th Ram I own.

So my thoughts so far are to get the BDS 4" lift kit for air ride suspension and I was thinking of getting 1.5" BORA spacers for the front and 1.75" or possible 2" spacer for the rear. What I would like is a wider stance with the tires even with or ever so slightly outside the fenders. Ideally I would like to keep the original 22" wheels and was thinking of possibly getting BF Goodrich KO2 35x12.5 R22 on those stock rims.

I am wondering if I can run these tires on these rims with the 1.5" spacers and the lift without having to trim or worry about rubbing. I am trying to get everything lined up to get it all installed as soon as the truck arrives.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction or recommend something different etc?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Alright. So after reading all 25 pages of this thread throughout the last 2 days I still have a few questions and concerns since this will be the first truck I am lifting, spacers etc.

I currently have a 2022 Limited 4x4 short bed Night Edition on order and hope to get it not too far from now. This would be the 4th Ram I own.

So my thoughts so far are to get the BDS 4" lift kit for air ride suspension and I was thinking of getting 1.5" BORA spacers for the front and 1.75" or possible 2" spacer for the rear. What I would like is a wider stance with the tires even with or ever so slightly outside the fenders. Ideally I would like to keep the original 22" wheels and was thinking of possibly getting BF Goodrich KO2 35x12.5 R22 on those stock rims.

I am wondering if I can run these tires on these rims with the 1.5" spacers and the lift without having to trim or worry about rubbing. I am trying to get everything lined up to get it all installed as soon as the truck arrives.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction or recommend something different etc?
If you want close to even with fender flares, need to use thinner spacers. But I guess it all depends on what your acceptable amount of "poke" in the tires is. For me, I wanted no poke as I don't like that look, plus it increases chance of damage from stuff being flung up off tires. 3/4" front and 1" rear put the stock tires on my BTS flush with fender flares. But I had to trim the stock lugs to make them work. Which didn't bother me. With the wider 35" tires, they will stick out further than stock tires in the same wheelsm.

ldelapuente27

Reaction score
If you want close to even with fender flares, need to use thinner spacers. But I guess it all depends on what your acceptable amount of "poke" in the tires is. For me, I wanted no poke as I don't like that look, plus it increases chance of damage from stuff being flung up off tires. 3/4" front and 1" rear put the stock tires on my BTS flush with fender flares. But I had to trim the stock lugs to make them work. Which didn't bother me. With the wider 35" tires, they will stick out further than stock tires in the same wheelsm.
Thanks!

I don't mind having a bit of poke, I just don't want it to stick out a crazy amount. I am trying to figure out just how much and I am trying to stay away from trimming the stock lugs. What I am understanding is I need at least the 1.5" spacers in order to achieve that.

So the 35x12.5 should be fine with no rubbing if I have the BDS lift kit installed?

From my understanding this kit shouldn't change the geometry. Again, even though I have worked on cars/trucks/heavy equipment all my life, this would be my first time lifting a truck and still trying to figure everything out. I will still be having them install it, I just want to understand everything and make sure of what I am doing.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks!

I don't mind having a bit of poke, I just don't want it to stick out a crazy amount. I am trying to figure out just how much and I am trying to stay away from trimming the stock lugs. What I am understanding is I need at least the 1.5" spacers in order to achieve that.

So the 35x12.5 should be fine with no rubbing if I have the BDS lift kit installed?

From my understanding this kit shouldn't change the geometry. Again, even though I have worked on cars/trucks/heavy equipment all my life, this would be my first time lifting a truck and still trying to figure everything out. I will still be having them install it, I just want to understand everything and make sure of what I am doing.
1.25" is safe for not having to trim lugs. Many get away with 1". With the lydr, you should be fine with the tires and spacers

Naythan

Reaction score
I have a stock offset of +18 I believe? With 2 inch black spacers that I have put 70,000kms on with zero issues. I can take better pictures tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20210415_183145.jpg
    20210415_183145.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 167

GraniteSport

Reaction score
Bringin it back again…

So I’ve decided to keep my trucks suspension stock, putting KO2’s (275/60/20’s) on my Ram Sports stock 20’s and adding 1.5” spacers.
Shop mounting them specializes in trucks and lift kits etc.. here in Canada it would seem they don’t have access to BORA or coyote. They suggested a set for Chevy with the 78.1 bore.. I don’t want to bring up any old grudge matches but should I go with the product they’re offering or should I go with an Amazon product that’s maybe half the price but proper 77.8 bore.. and just hope the quality is good and there’s no issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/