5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel and Tire Overview

Naughtyca

Reaction score
off road, from what i been reading people are having issue lifting ones with air suspension

19Jake

Reaction score
i also read from the forum that 24" tire, 24x10 with +25 offset and tire size of 305/35/r24 total wheel diameter 32.4 will fit stock no leveling or lift
that'd reduce inner clearance by 31mm

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a heads-up - Was looking at tire availability from Discount Tire, and when using the shop by vehicle option, they have the stock size wrong for the Limited 20" wheel options.

The site lists the standard 20" tire as 275/60-R20. The actual size is 275/55-R20.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Ok, so is there any definitive answer on diameter and width of tire for stock? I mean, searching these forums for an answer is headache making material.

Just want the max diameter and width in inches is all i need.

hup5150

Reaction score
So we still don't have any information listed here on big horn stock suspension 20x9 wheel? Seems we know a 33x 12.5 would fit. But what about a 285 65 which is 34.6 / 11.2?

Mark5000

Reaction score
Just a heads-up - Was looking at tire availability from Discount Tire, and when using the shop by vehicle option, they have the stock size wrong for the Limited 20" wheel options.

The site lists the standard 20" tire as 275/60-R20. The actual size is 275/55-R20.

What are the OEM tires that come with the Limited 20"?

DivrGuy

Reaction score
I think adding the weight of the factory wheels would be helpful as well. If you want to add it, I'll start. I just pulled a tire/wheel off my Rebel with less than 250 miles. It weighed 82.8 lbs without lugs. Tirerack says the Duratracs in the stock size of LT275/70/18 weigh 54 lbs. So that leave roughly 29 lbs for the weight of the stock Rebel wheels.

jtnish

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and thank you for having me.
What are your thoughts, I just purchased a 5th gen 1500 Bighorn, Blue Streak 4x4. I have a set of Fuel Maveric 18" wheels with 275/70R18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W off of my 2015 2500. Would the tires fit my 18" wheels on my new truck without a level?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the bigger question is whether or not your 18" wheels will fit. The OEM 18s have a bit of a flare to them so they'll just fit over the brake calipers.

jtnish

Reaction score
I think the bigger question is whether or not your 18" wheels will fit. The OEM 18s have a bit of a flare to them so they'll just fit over the brake calipers.
I will use the factory bighorn 18's for the time being, I'm going to sell the Mavericks as they are 8lug.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Phil Adams

Reaction score

DharmaDog

Reaction score
Anyone know what the stock 20" wheel on a Longhorn weighs? I assume it's close to the weight of the Laramie 20" (35 lbs as stated in this thread), but would like to verify.

I like the stock wheel just fine, but I'm looking for some ways to improve my gas mileage, and was wondering if there are some strong lightweight wheels out there that would meet this objective. Looks like most 20" wheels on Tire Rack that are not typical fugly truck wheels are not likely to weigh much less than the stock ones. Maybe I can save a pound per wheel. Was hoping for several pounds per wheel.

Any suggestions?

DivrGuy

Reaction score
Anyone know what the stock 20" wheel on a Longhorn weighs? I assume it's close to the weight of the Laramie 20" (35 lbs as stated in this thread), but would like to verify.

I like the stock wheel just fine, but I'm looking for some ways to improve my gas mileage, and was wondering if there are some strong lightweight wheels out there that would meet this objective. Looks like most 20" wheels on Tire Rack that are not typical fugly truck wheels are not likely to weigh much less than the stock ones. Maybe I can save a pound per wheel. Was hoping for several pounds per wheel.

Any suggestions?
I haven't had much luck with finding wheels lighter than around 35 lbs for 20". Moto Metal 970, American Racing 910 and 916 are a few candidates that come in just under that number that I have liked. Maybe some type of forged wheel would be lighter, but they are usually high dollar.

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
I weighed my 22" Limited wheels with the tires and they are 82.2# together. Tirerack shows the tire weight for the OEM goodyears to be 45#, so a good guesstimate for the 22" Limited wheel is 37.2#

Kratz87

Reaction score
What are the OEM tires that come with the Limited 20"?
With the off-road package and 4x4 with air suspension on a limited 2109 1500, the OEM tires are 275/55R20. The 22inch wheel is not an option with the packages listed above. I had to chime in here as you are taking this exactly where I am trying to go. I want to know with out any lift kit and stock as I have listed above, what is the largest size A/T I can put on this truck without rubbing. My truck is "being built" and will be delivered at the end of July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/