5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite low-cost Amazon upgrade?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How does this do with fingerprint prevention? I've never had a screen that got so dirty from fingerprints before.

Thanks!
I also use the Kykr matte screen protector and it has been awesome

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m cheap. I just have a microfiber towel in my door pocket and wipe my screen off every few days. Few swipes and looks like new again.
For me, it was more about the matte screen and less reflections than fingerprints. Makes it easier to see screen in more lighting situations

AlexCP67

Reaction score
How does this do with fingerprint prevention? I've never had a screen that got so dirty from fingerprints before.

Thanks!
It's been addressed by others but it does a great job at reducing finger prints. You'll still get some fingerprinting but it's a lot less obvious, stays clean for a lot longer and easy to clean.

$Bill

Reaction score
Even if you get fingerprints they wipe right off with a microfiber cloth. Also less likely for the screen to get destroyed in the sun.
I have a gloss version.

I’ve been using the cloth that came with my last truck (seen in post 236 in the console pic). Cheap and needs to be replaced but this is way more work than the prior truck to get it clean. That’s probably because this screen is very glossy. I’ll definitely go with a matte protector.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You don't feel much difference but they do feel good and look cool. Being a truck and sitting up higher you do notice them when you open the door.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm not sure they can peel off.
Maybe they took a hot iron to it.
Looked like the standard grip tape in other pics where they came loose. Wet shoes/boots will eventually loosen the adhesive. Maybe just rubber inserts too. Either way they don’t look real durable.

Pics from Amazon reviews…

7F57C8EE-A264-44C0-88B3-6FEC6B622AEE.jpeg

DA94EE49-A826-41B9-82D0-6EE9A1505A07.jpeg
Sounds like even the real ones on TRX’s are doing the same exact thing. I would expect to see the same eventually on GT’s.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looked like the standard grip tape in other pics where they came loose. Wet shoes/boots will eventually loosen the adhesive. Maybe just rubber inserts too. Either way they don’t look real durable.

Pics from Amazon reviews…

View attachment 157919

View attachment 157920
Sounds like even the real ones on TRX’s are doing the same exact thing. I would expect to see the same eventually on GT’s.
Interesting.
The ones I had the rubber was under the metal plate so there was nothing to peel off.
I never liked mine as they were not grippy.
Oh how the wonderful market changes.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes I sure do! I love it and use it every time I get in the car.
I have my charger in place, been running it for awhile. I have an iPhone 12 with an otterbox case. Alot of times it would start charging and stop. Switched to a MagSafe case and it’s much better. If using Waze and pandora at the same time, it kind of just maintains the charge, not really increasing if. Also had to use command strips to mount it because it kept falling off when sitting in the hot sun. Thanks for the help!
IMG_4410.jpeg
IMG_4409.jpeg

John Galt

Reaction score
I swear by my Kykr I can’t speak for the Gloss Edition or other brands but the Matte Edition A+++ no more fingerprints or glare from my pano.

Kykr Premium Tempered Glass... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089P22TY4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I couldn’t bring myself to spend $40 on a screen protector. I got a different brand matte screen protector for $16 and it works just as well. Probably the exact same thing sold by a different vendor.

Users who are viewing this thread