5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite low-cost Amazon upgrade?

NCLife

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2020 1500 Laramie and I'm starting to hunt for small upgrades. I ordered an upper and lower console organizer.

What are your favorite Amazon purchases?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think I've bought anything for my Ram off Amazon yet, but my favorite cheap mod was grill letter overlays from Reflective Concepts.

On second thought, I bought pack of angle brackets to mount a couple pieces of unistrut for my RTT.

20230108_162003.jpg

Loudram

Reaction score
My favorite low cost upgrade are my bed lights.

Xprite White Truck Pickup Bed Light Kits, 72 LED Rock Lighting Accessory w/ On|Off Switch, Universal for Footwells, Cargo Rail Lights, UTV ATV, Cars Underglow Running Boards, Golf Cart, Motorcycle https://a.co/d/7aV6MW6

20221118_164556.jpg 20221118_164553.jpg 20221118_164550.jpg

I also have a small list of stuff that I bought from them including my Hemi hitch receiver cover, tonneau cover, seat covers, tow mirrors, and a few other misc things so far. But I've only had the truck for about 10 weeks.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dee Zee heavy duty bed mat (model specific fit). - Even with the factory spray in liner, the rubber liner is a must. It has great grip, you won't need to strap anything down since stuff doesn't move with the rubber mat, also the soft rubber finish of the mat won't damage or scratch stuff like the spray-in liner will, which is like sand paper. If you don't have any liner, this is a great alternative if you don't need heavy side protection.

Top Glovebox Organizer Tray - Adds a bit of organization to the bare space that is the top glovebox.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For a long time I would go out of my way to not order from amazon, no real reason I guess, but recently keep going there more often
Yesterday I just received a center console organizer myself, as well as a center console armrest cover to help protect it when I take my dog on the truck
Also got a light bar amber cover from there, a bed extender about half the cost of the mopar one, and this hitch cover is the cheapest thing I have gotten for my truck.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For a long time I would go out of my way to not order from amazon, no real reason I guess, but recently keep going there more often
Yesterday I just received a center console organizer myself, as well as a center console armrest cover to help protect it when I take my dog on the truck
Also got a light bar amber cover from there, a bed extender about half the cost of the mopar one, and this hitch cover is the cheapest thing I have gotten for my truck.
I wasn't that happy with the center console armrest organization jzer I bought off Amazon. It's still in the truck, but doesn't gold anything in place if you pick up the armrest to get inside. All they had to do was make the divider walls taller to be closer to bottom of armrest when closed.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
did you have to replace the mirrors?
Yes, mirrors and tail light modules were from the dealer and a wiring harness from jimmy07. I bought the obd2 and sgw bypass on amazon. Those two are well worth the money to me.

NCLife

Reaction score
Dee Zee heavy duty bed mat (model specific fit). - Even with the factory spray in liner, the rubber liner is a must. It has great grip, you won't need to strap anything down since stuff doesn't move with the rubber mat, also the soft rubber finish of the mat won't damage or scratch stuff like the spray-in liner will, which is like sand paper. If you don't have any liner, this is a great alternative if you don't need heavy side protection.

Top Glovebox Organizer Tray - Adds a bit of organization to the bare space that is the top glovebox.

I knew this thread would cost me money. Bed mat ordered.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

don't currently carry anything on the top globe box but good share to keep in mind

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wasn't that happy with the center console armrest organization jzer I bought off Amazon. It's still in the truck, but doesn't gold anything in place if you pick up the armrest to get inside. All they had to do was make the divider walls taller to be closer to bottom of armrest when closed.
This is the one I got, it's acceptable, Advertised as having taller walls than others. Went with the full size. The divider by the center back USB gets more movement and is were the walls curved down.
Probably walls could still be higher
Other options with the non slip mat were cool but I saw a few complains that made stay away from them

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, mirrors and tail light modules were from the dealer and a wiring harness from jimmy07. I bought the obd2 and sgw bypass on amazon. Those two are well worth the money to me.
Mine came factory but definitely agree with you. Its a well worth upgrade and safety feature

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is the one I got, it's acceptable, Advertised as having taller walls than others. Went with the full size. The divider by the center back USB gets more movement and is were the walls curved down.
Probably walls could still be higher
Other options with the non slip mat were cool but I saw a few complains that made stay away from them
Thanks for link. If I get tired of one I have, I will definitely try this one

Loudram

Reaction score

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I got all my rock lights from Amazon and I haven’t had one issue so far! They turn on when I unlock or open the doors. And the reverse lights turn on with the garage door button. They were dirt cheap too - I think $15 for the underglow and maybe $25 for the rock lights I used as reverse lights. Pretty much all the Amazon lights are the same so take your pick lol

Users who are viewing this thread