5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite low-cost Amazon upgrade?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ram logo liscence plate bolts and valve stem covers. View attachment 155731 View attachment 155732
Not sure what the caps are made of but aluminum was a problem for me.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really liked this top cover divider I bought it as well for my truck. Looks good and separates things into quadrants which I wanted for my toys not to slide around when driving. (Only thing is when you lift up for the bottom part where the lock box is or would be it will shift a little not bad though but that’s an easy fix it if really bothers you).

Coleya 2019-2023 Ram 1500 Center Console Organizer, for Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Console Tray, RAM 1500 Accessories 2022 2023 Ram 1500 2500 3500 Insert Armrest Organizer (Black Mats) https://a.co/d/6KgGklc

One other thing I got but haven’t put in yet so was wondering what anyone thought about it or if they’ve tried them? They seem well made and have some serious weight to them so they aren’t cheaply made (or don’t feel like it)

Motrobe Dodge Ram 1500 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 Accessories Pedal Covers, Anti-Slip Aluminum Alloy Brake Gas Fuel Accelerator Foot Pedal Pads Kit Fit for Dodge Ram 1500 NOT FIT RAM TRX https://a.co/d/8GEcPz0

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
And plugging it into the headunit USB ports somehow mess with carplay as well. Say for example if I unplug it to take pictures or something then carplay would not work.
For the longest time I use a powerbank instead but let's see how this goes!
The front ports are data ports that's why.
You can route the cable into your center console, use an ac charger, or find a cable that doesn't support data (and thus will not trigger carplay when plugged in)
One other thing I got but haven’t put in yet so was wondering what anyone thought about it or if they’ve tried them? They seem well made and have some serious weight to them so they aren’t cheaply made (or don’t feel like it)

Motrobe Dodge Ram 1500 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 Accessories Pedal Covers, Anti-Slip Aluminum Alloy Brake Gas Fuel Accelerator Foot Pedal Pads Kit Fit for Dodge Ram 1500 NOT FIT RAM TRX https://a.co/d/8GEcPz0
I have had this before and I don't like how slippery they are. They have what I assume is suppose to be rubber is like a firm plastic and wet shoes will slide right over it and even dry shoes want to slide.. Maybe if you could make it sticky it would be better but for me I prefer the feel of regular peddles.
I have had the slip over kind, and even replaced the entire peddles with aluminum ones and it's the same feeling.

eazy1500

Reaction score
ordered the exact same set items. We shall see how this goes lol
one thing I noticed while going on long trips is that battery drains fast when running maps on carplay. And plugging it into the headunit USB ports somehow mess with carplay as well. Say for example if I unplug it to take pictures or something then carplay would not work.

I use the crap out of CarPlay with maps, Spotify, and the telephone. The battery never gets drained, it’s actually charging. Sometimes I get sync issues when I first get in. Likely because I keep a spare phone in the truck also connected to the BT CarPlay incase I ever forget my main one. So sometimes I do have to go to the device mgt and pick my main phone. But majority of the time I don’t need to do anything. It just works. Taking pics is fine too. I’ve done several screen shots and pictures while in the truck and it stays connected.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can route the cable into your center console, use an ac charger, or find a cable that doesn't support data (and thus will not trigger carplay when plugged in)

I have had this before and I don't like how slippery they are. They have what I assume is suppose to be rubber is like a firm plastic and wet shoes will slide right over it and even dry shoes want to slide.. Maybe if you could make it sticky it would be better but for me I prefer the feel of regular peddles.
I have had the slip over kind, and even replaced the entire peddles with aluminum ones and it's the same feeling.
Thanks for the info I haven’t put them in just cause I like my pedals already and I actually didn’t purchase them Amazon sent them to me either by accident or for free thanks for the feedback.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what the caps are made of but aluminum was a problem for me.
They are plastic body.
I had other metal ones "Seize." up on me so I stay away from them ever since.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ordered the exact same set items. We shall see how this goes lol
one thing I noticed while going on long trips is that battery drains fast when running maps on carplay. And plugging it into the headunit USB ports somehow mess with carplay as well. Say for example if I unplug it to take pictures or something then carplay would not work.

I prefer to use a data blocker adapter, that way I can just move my cable over from USB2 to USB1 (or from the USBA port to the USBC port depending on your cable preference.

I've had these for going on 3 years now with no issues, though I don't unplug/plug excessively.

1680460550637.png

1680460507794.png

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Will this one fit in that spot in the console?

I checked today, Too thick. There's only a tiny bit of "ledge" for the phone to rest on and even with the (Limited) console pushed forward, the phone will not stay there so not a good option.

NCLife

Reaction score
I really liked this top cover divider I bought it as well for my truck. Looks good and separates things into quadrants which I wanted for my toys not to slide around when driving. (Only thing is when you lift up for the bottom part where the lock box is or would be it will shift a little not bad though but that’s an easy fix it if really bothers you).

Coleya 2019-2023 Ram 1500 Center Console Organizer, for Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Console Tray, RAM 1500 Accessories 2022 2023 Ram 1500 2500 3500 Insert Armrest Organizer (Black Mats) https://a.co/d/6KgGklc

I just bought the pedal covers. They look great and good reviews. Thx

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I checked today, Too thick. There's only a tiny bit of "ledge" for the phone to rest on and even with the (Limited) console pushed forward, the phone will not stay there so not a good option.
I gotcha. Looks like there’s a bout 1/2 an inch for the charger from what I can tell. That would put it close to flush with the ledge. can someone confirm?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

i know. i just thought if i connected carplay through wireless it would remain wireless despite connected to data port.
these tech stuff are confusing lol

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m leaning toward this one. I’d like to use the inverter to to run the charger. Supposedly is 5mm thick not 1.1 inches. Then I’ll put the autobox on usb.

NANAMI Wireless Charger, Qi Certified 15W Max Fast Charging Pad with QC3.0 Adapter USB Phone Charger for iPhone 14/13/13 Pro/12/11/XS Max/XR/X/8,Samsung Galaxy S23/S22/S21/S20/S10/Note 20, Airpods Pro https://a.co/d/3nwOJ4Y

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m leaning toward this one. I’d like to use the inverter to to run the charger. Supposedly is 5mm thick not 1.1 inches. Then I’ll put the autobox on usb.

NANAMI Wireless Charger, Qi Certified 15W Max Fast Charging Pad with QC3.0 Adapter USB Phone Charger for iPhone 14/13/13 Pro/12/11/XS Max/XR/X/8,Samsung Galaxy S23/S22/S21/S20/S10/Note 20, Airpods Pro https://a.co/d/3nwOJ4Y
Yeah that’s why I got it it’s 5mm thick not 1.1”. Just didn’t like the cable being 3ft and is why I went with that 9” cable to run to the inverter. You won’t even be able to tell it’s there and have all 3ft of wire to figure out what to do with lol.

eazy1500

Reaction score
Yeah that’s why I got it it’s 5mm thick not 1.1”. Just didn’t like the cable being 3ft and is why I went with that 9” cable to run to the inverter. You won’t even be able to tell it’s there and have all 3ft of wire to figure out what to do with lol.

I just saw your link. Noticed the usb cable you ordered. The usb-c side may stick out a little bit when you plug it in.

This is the one I ordered. Has a little slack at the bottom though (one loop) because the shortest is 1.5ft. - https://a.co/d/fXvXJDq

c167669e3ce8d648e29de205ca710c2e.jpg

Last edited:

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just saw your link. Noticed the usb cable you ordered. The usb-c side may stick out a little bit when you plug it in.

This is the one I ordered. Has a little slack at the bottom though (one loop) because the shortest is 1.5ft. - https://a.co/d/fXvXJDq

c167669e3ce8d648e29de205ca710c2e.jpg
If it does I’ll just shift over the charging pad a little but I’ll see when it gets here pictures can be misleading in actual size but I’m sure it’s definitely bigger than yours because of the sleeker design. I’ll send pictures when I get it Thursday.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn't realize you have this one (guess I should have read back). Does it work good in the phone holder spot?

NJT3

Reaction score
Retrax Pro MX bed cover
Rhino rack vortex this fits into the Retrax cover since they have rails.
My favorite though is this Knob shifter metal decal
American Flag Knob Shifter Metal Decal

They have a American Flag Decal for the rear sliding window... I was hesitant to get but saw it yesterday on someones Ram lol this thread getting expensive lol.

Users who are viewing this thread