5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite low-cost Amazon upgrade?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some states still require front license plate. Maybe they could have designed a bracket that didn't need holes, but that probably would cost more.
They used to just have dealers drill into the bumper to install a bracket. Or they wound use self tapping screws.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
They used to just have dealers drill into the bumper to install a bracket. Or they wound use self tapping screws.
Yep. Kind of surprised the holes are already in the bumper.
When I bought trucks in the past from other brands I just told the dealership to put put holes in the bumper.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Kind of surprised the holes are already in the bumper.
When I bought trucks in the past from other brands I just told the dealership to put put holes in the bumper.
Probably because they are steel bumpers instead of plastic. Older steel/chrome bumpers had threaded inserts for license plates in them.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
I think covering up those unsightly holes in the front bumper is a must! Very disappointed RAM puts holes in every single bumper!
aa1b786569a0aa00f1b424e818315f48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Bought 2 sets from you the last year, had to get the 2nd set after my front bumper was resprayed and the body shop lost them. The 2 weeks having holes in my bumper was the worst ever haha

eazy1500

Reaction score
I saw those, but they are smaller than they look in the pictures so I decided not.

They look small but actually fit a good amount. My phone (iPhone 13 pro) and wallet (regular bifold size) fits in there together.

Last edited:

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's a pretty expensive washer for such low psi.

Mine is a Greenworks 3000 PSI 2.0-1.1 GPM

It has a really nice long good quality hose. Strong like at the carwashes not the typical 1700ish PSI washers people generally get.

$269 + $7.99 shp + tax at Blain's

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They look small but actually fit a good amount. My phone (iPhone 13 pro) and wallet (regular bifold size) fits in there together.
I bet they would also fit in the door pocket that is directly below. If it works for you, all is well. I'd rather have handles. 🤷‍♂️

Jako

Reaction score
Yeah that's my point. That's not worth more then $140.
Paid 249, Home Depot, April 2022.
So far, so good, time will tell the value.
Suit case style fits my storage nicely.
Plan started with an AR Blue but got nixed (20 amp circuit, $$ and need/use).
Gave the pressure washer and accessory a shot for the under carriage. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
I don't find that much of a need for pressure washers but I'm sure it will be used for other projects. I'm from the soap (along with some other products), water and elbow grease generation.
Water supply pressure today is 100 psi, and with the nozzle I use the under carriage gets more than an adequate washing without pulling out the pressure washer and accessories.
NYC has it's issues but so far water pressure and adequacy is not one of them, GPM vs psi works.

Amazon
AR Blue
keywords=ar+blue+pressure+washer&qid=1676135054&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sr=8-3

Strahman

Amazon

Used on ebay can be had for $50+ depending on condition. I inherited mine and it has been in use for 30 years.

St-na

Reaction score
I threw receipts away, but my mirrors are a part# for billet silver, which is why you see so many different part numbers if you look online- it’s a different part number for a complete assembly in each color variation, and for the different types of mirror options.
Part numbers are bearing 2 letters, to match truck color, I noticed for billet silver is SC. When I am looking for the parts to match my truck color, I look for these letters first:
6RN821SCAA, 5ZK46JSCAE a.s.o. Finally always makes sense to confirm with the seller, that parts fits Your VIN.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Part numbers are bearing 2 letters, to match truck color, I noticed for billet silver is SC. When I am looking for the parts to match my truck color, I look for these letters first:
6RN821SCAA, 5ZK46JSCAE a.s.o. Finally always makes sense to confirm with the seller, that parts fits Your VIN.
That’s interesting, I have never looked closely enough to notice that. Now I’m interested in sewing all the different codes in the options. I’ll have to look when I get enough spare time.

St-na

Reaction score
That’s interesting, I have never looked closely enough to notice that. Now I’m interested in sewing all the different codes in the options. I’ll have to look when I get enough spare time.
I was even thinking to open a new thread about it. There are some interesting findings. Part numbers for the Side mirrors for example started from 6 have no cameras, but from 5 have a.s.o.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
These cup holders. They are firmly installed in the existing cup holders, are easy to remove, and they work with everything from a Yeti Rambler to a 12 oz. aluminum can. The aluminum can is a bit loose, but I've never come close to having anything tip over and spill. I keep them installed all the time;

Never seen something like that before.
Very cool.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
These cup holders. They are firmly installed in the existing cup holders, are easy to remove, and they work with everything from a Yeti Rambler to a 12 oz. aluminum can. The aluminum can is a bit loose, but I've never come close to having anything tip over and spill. I keep them installed all the time;

View attachment 151631
View attachment 151632
Those would annoy me more than anything. Of course, so don't use cup or tumblers that don't already fit in the stock cupholders anyways. Most companies make options designed for normal cup holders. Those would be like having a full sized drink in your cup holders all the time. I usually keep my slider all the way forward, and that would block putting my phone in the holder

HemiDude

Reaction score

Bigbags85

Reaction score

View attachment 151631
View attachment 151632
Those are nice, I have found a few times that I have things that are too big for the stock cup holders. Idk why Ram didn't just do what everyone does and make a removable insert or rubber protrusions to allow larger cups.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Just bought one of these on the weekend, but the one with the factory-style lining. Fits perfectly and surprised this isn't a factory option in my 22

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread