5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite low-cost Amazon upgrade?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Am I correct that you need fairly good pressure to get a quality spray?
My 1700psi electric pressure washer doesn't put out enough pressure to really be effective with these under body sprayers. Other than just getting fresh water under the truck. I have one with larger wheels. Also doesn't help that the truck sits so high. I'm sure it works better the closer to the spray head the undercarriage is

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you want to add additional cleats to your truck bed rails, search Amazon for PFCC PT278-35112 Bed Cleat for 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma and Tundra (2) They fit perfectly on my 2021 RAM 1500 Longhorn Limited short bed.
Also available at Amazon are mini tie-down hooks that also fit perfectly in my 2021 RAM 1500 Longhorn Limited short bed:
PFCC Replacement for Mini Tie-Down with Hooks Tacoma & Tundra PT278-35075 - 4PCS.
Despite being labeled for Toyota Tacoma and Tundra, they fit perfectly in the truck bed’s rails. ($13.99 for 2)
I was able to buy used tie down cleats for a Toyota Tacoma off eBay ($20 for 4) and they fit perfectly. But the one you linked from Amazon is also a great price.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 1700psi electric pressure washer doesn't put out enough pressure to really be effective with these under body sprayers. Other than just getting fresh water under the truck. I have one with larger wheels. Also doesn't help that the truck sits so high. I'm sure it works better the closer to the spray head the undercarriage is
I have the DeWalt electric 2100 psi, 1.2 gpm and it doesn't cut it with the under body sprayer I have from an ebay purchase.

My inherited "Strahman Nozzle" and NYC domestic water supply is pretty good and does a better job.
The Strahman nozzle is a commercial/industrial nozzle and sometimes one can be picked up at an "affordable" price on ebay.
I've had mine for 30 years and it is pretty indestructible.

Similar on Amazon?????????????

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I have the DeWalt electric 2100 psi, 1.2 gpm and it doesn't cut it with the under body sprayer I have from an ebay purchase.

My inherited "Strahman Nozzle" and NYC domestic water supply is pretty good and does a better job.
The Strahman nozzle is a commercial/industrial nozzle and sometimes one can be picked up at an "affordable" price on ebay.

You need at least 2500 PSI for the undercarriage sprayer to be effective. I have a 3000 PSI unit and it's perfect.

How do you spray your undercarriage with a hose nozzle?

Jako

Reaction score
You need at least 2500 PSI for the undercarriage sprayer to be effective. I have a 3000 PSI unit and it's perfect.

How do you spray your undercarriage with a hose nozzle?
Just reach in from each side, front and back, keep the nozzle low. The Strahman is a pretty good nozzle and NYC has pretty good water pressure. I get more water with that method than the pressure washer I have and under carriage sprayer. I went electric with the pressure washer as I have enough gas equipped motors to maintain and based on the few gas pressure washers I've been around the noise is annoying. I did look into more powerful electric pressure washers but the cost was expensive and required a 20 amp circuit. Not a big deal but I wash my vehicles at 1of 3 houses. I believe I bought the DeWalt at Costco in 2021and the price wasn't to bad at the time, currently $300 + or - but not at Costco.

eazy1500

Reaction score
Door handle pockets. Looks OEM and only $16

9bbf1ae2da5ae895ee495332106d1985.jpg

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not exactly RAM only but I remembered I bought this undercarriage power washer attachment from Amazon for around $30 or so a couple years back.
This is just a power washer attachment with quick release connector, it does not spray soap or anything although I am certain if you do some modifications you can use the foam cannon with it.
This is good for power washing the underside of your truck if you go through mud/ snow/ offroad/ general cleaning. This is also a very good idea if you do your own oil change and stuff.

However, if I was to buy this again, I'd go with something that has bigger wheels so it's easier to use, and something with more nozzles. As you can see, my left side nozzle is on its way out already after no more than 30 times of usage. View attachment 151037
i have the same pressure washer and agree this psi is not very affective ALONE but i suggest using a foam cannon with super clean undiluted. i spray the wheel wells, tires, running boards and underside and let it sit. Then use the attachment and workes great!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

That's a pretty expensive washer for such low psi.

Mine is a Greenworks 3000 PSI 2.0-1.1 GPM

It has a really nice long good quality hose. Strong like at the carwashes not the typical 1700ish PSI washers people generally get.

Choate

Reaction score
The bumper plugs mentioned or RC bed mat. Or AMP research power steps lol. NOT cheap. Or black ice scented air freshener trees

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it is, i paid 110$ usd for a sunjoe 2030 psi on amazon
I got a good deal on a Ryobi 2000psi from DirectToolsOutlet ($55 factory blemished) last year. I got a Sun Joe 1600psi refurbished from eBay for $25 it has also served me well.

And I got these from Amazon:
<-- make sure your PW uses 22mm-15 hose. My Ryobi does, but my Sun Joe uses 22mm-14.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got a good deal on a Ryobi 2000psi from DirectToolsOutlet ($55 factory blemished) last year. I got a Sun Joe 1600psi refurbished from eBay for $25 it has also served me well.

And I got these from Amazon:
<-- make sure your PW uses 22mm-15 hose. My Ryobi does, but my Sun Joe uses 22mm-14.
What soap do you use for the foam cannon?

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think covering up those unsightly holes in the front bumper is a must! Very disappointed RAM puts holes in every single bumper!
Some states still require front license plate. Maybe they could have designed a bracket that didn't need holes, but that probably would cost more.

Users who are viewing this thread