5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite low-cost Amazon upgrade?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You guys with no front plate requirement have it made. They ruin the front end of all vehicles. I bought a fairly dark tint plate cover for mine to blend it in a bit. So far haven’t been hassled.
Running tinted plate covers is just as illegal as no front plate. I'll take my chances with no players for better aesthetics

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Running tinted plate covers is just as illegal as no front plate. I'll take my chances with no players for better aesthetics
I drive by cops all the time and they pay no attention to me. As always though it only takes one having a bad day. Figure the worst they will do is tell me to remove them so I’m not worried about it. They have much bigger things to bust people for.

beetlespin

Reaction score
Did yours come with the front license plate or did you purchase separately? Can you send a link for the bracket if you purchased?
Moved from NJ to NC so front licence plate no longer needed. I could either plug the holes or put one of these plates on.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used to have something similar in my Jeep. It was smaller and plugged directly into the cigarette lighter. 🤔 I wonder what happened to it.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Yes, mirrors and tail light modules were from the dealer and a wiring harness from jimmy07. I bought the obd2 and sgw bypass on amazon. Those two are well worth the money to me.
Do you by chance have part numbers for the mirrors and modules?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you by chance have part numbers for the mirrors and modules?
I threw receipts away, but my mirrors are a part# for billet silver, which is why you see so many different part numbers if you look online- it’s a different part number for a complete assembly in each color variation, and for the different types of mirror options.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not exactly RAM only but I remembered I bought this undercarriage power washer attachment from Amazon for around $30 or so a couple years back.
This is just a power washer attachment with quick release connector, it does not spray soap or anything although I am certain if you do some modifications you can use the foam cannon with it.
This is good for power washing the underside of your truck if you go through mud/ snow/ offroad/ general cleaning. This is also a very good idea if you do your own oil change and stuff.

However, if I was to buy this again, I'd go with something that has bigger wheels so it's easier to use, and something with more nozzles. As you can see, my left side nozzle is on its way out already after no more than 30 times of usage. thumbnail_IMG_3366.jpg

Jako

Reaction score
Not exactly RAM only but I remembered I bought this undercarriage power washer attachment from Amazon for around $30 or so a couple years back.
This is just a power washer attachment with quick release connector, it does not spray soap or anything although I am certain if you do some modifications you can use the foam cannon with it.
This is good for power washing the underside of your truck if you go through mud/ snow/ offroad/ general cleaning. This is also a very good idea if you do your own oil change and stuff.

However, if I was to buy this again, I'd go with something that has bigger wheels so it's easier to use, and something with more nozzles. As you can see, my left side nozzle is on its way out already after no more than 30 times of usage. View attachment 151037 D
Am I correct that you need fairly good pressure to get a quality spray?

Idahoktm

Reaction score

However, if I was to buy this again, I'd go with something that has bigger wheels so it's easier to use, and something with more nozzles. As you can see, my left side nozzle is on its way out already after no more than 30 times of usage. View attachment 151037

Yep. I bought this one. Your nozzle is probably just plugged. There's not much that can go wrong with them.

Am I correct that you need fairly good pressure to get a quality spray?

If you don't have at least a 2500 PSI pressure washer, it won't work very well.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

RBJ

Reaction score
If you want to add additional cleats to your truck bed rails, search Amazon for PFCC PT278-35112 Bed Cleat for 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma and Tundra (2) They fit perfectly on my 2021 RAM 1500 Longhorn Limited short bed.
Also available at Amazon are mini tie-down hooks that also fit perfectly in my 2021 RAM 1500 Longhorn Limited short bed:
PFCC Replacement for Mini Tie-Down with Hooks Tacoma & Tundra PT278-35075 - 4PCS.
Despite being labeled for Toyota Tacoma and Tundra, they fit perfectly in the truck bed’s rails. ($13.99 for 2)

Users who are viewing this thread