5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite low-cost Amazon upgrade?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you think Ram designed the door striker to hold a couple hundred pounds? I realize that a portion of the weight is transferred to the jamb, but I still wouldn't want to weaken that area and cause issues with the door closing tight. You can't use that thing to wash your truck without getting water in the cab anyway. This is a safer solution.

I should’ve mentioned that ladder also. I use that every time I wash the truck or do an oil change.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The door jamb SEPA have been around for over 20 years. Can't say I have ever heard of any issues from people using them

I read some reviews where they said the door striker screws were coming loose after using the step a few times.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you think Ram designed the door striker to hold a couple hundred pounds? I realize that a portion of the weight is transferred to the jamb, but I still wouldn't want to weaken that area and cause issues with the door closing tight. You can't use that thing to wash your truck without getting water in the cab anyway. This is a safer solution.

I bought this one last BF for $20

Oh and OP, I hate you for making this thread. :ROFLMAO: 😜 (y)

Not sure if you need mud flaps, but I got these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QXT13SJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The door jamb step is an interesting concept and I might think about it if I didn't already have a truck tire step. It works fairly well. If I need to get to the roof of the cab, then I usually just stand on top of my tonneau cover.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
New Ram owner here, still getting my head around the whole leveling concept. I never knew it wasn't level until I read about it, now I can't unsee it. Seems like there are lots of options to do the same thing, and pricing is all over the place. Are these pucks really all that are required to level a stock '22 Laramie, for example? Is there a better option that'll result in a better ride or longer wear for the other suspension parts?
There are other options out there for leveling. This is the cheapest by far. Doesn’t affect ride quality, as they don’t go with the spring, just on top of the whole strut. I would look at another option if you plan on doing a lot of off roading, as it will slightly affect the upper control arm angle. Also, they may not work with air ride if you have that. Maybe someone else could advise. I have regular suspension.

Otherwise they are great and the truck looks 100% better leveled. No issues so far!

NCLife

Reaction score
my 2022 did not came factory with them, so i odered them. it seem for a dumb safety reason they drop that for 2022

they are same spec as pre 2022,

they are matte black, just a picture effect

I bought this one last BF for $20

Oh and OP, I hate you for making this thread. :ROFLMAO: 😜 (y)

Not sure if you need mud flaps, but I got these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QXT13SJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I hate me for making this thread. I found some stuff I didn't know I needed though!

Crazy Dane

Reaction score

The striker is called a Nader pin and is probably the strongest piece and point on your truck. It is designed to keep your door shut in any type of collision. When using the "jaws of life" to pry open a car door, the metal around the latch mechanism on the door will collapse and tear before the latch pops off of the Nader pin. It is almost impossible to cut the pin with hydraulic cutters or any other cutter for that matter. I don't think you would have any problem using that step.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The striker is called a Nader pin and is probably the strongest piece and point on your truck. It is designed to keep your door shut in any type of collision. When using the "jaws of life" to pry open a car door, the metal around the latch mechanism on the door will collapse and tear before the latch pops off of the Nader pin. It is almost impossible to cut the pin with hydraulic cutters or any other cutter for that matter. I don't think you would have any problem using that step.

Okay, you've addressed the strength of the pin and I'm sure the B pillar is beefed up around the pin. I still wouldn't use that step because I think the vertical load would eventually knock the pin out of alignment. It's held in place by two torx screws.

Crazy Dane

Reaction score
Okay, you've addressed the strength of the pin and I'm sure the B pillar is beefed up around the pin. I still wouldn't use that step because I think the vertical load would eventually knock the pin out of alignment. It's held in place by two torx screws.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If they already had a damper, what was the point? In any case, it wouldn't change weight or torque on the tailgate. Unless there's something wrong with it. My thinking, it's just a damper.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If they already had a damper, what was the point? In any case, it wouldn't change weight or torque on the tailgate. Unless there's something wrong with it. My thinking, it's just a damper.
I installed one on my old silverado because the built in damper wasn't that strong during the winter months and would slam the tailgate.

It does affect the torque required to open the tailgate greatly. It's a great product, but only if you don't have other forces involved

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine didn't come with a damper. I also do not have remote open
Then it would work great.
Just warning anyone with a damper and remote tailgate to watch out.
Would be pretty sad if I installed it and found out it didn't work right after myself.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Then it would work great.
Just warning anyone with a damper and remote tailgate to watch out.
Would be pretty sad if I installed it and found out it didn't work right after myself.
I would think those who have the factory dampner wouldn't even consider buying this because they already have one.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would think those who have the factory dampner wouldn't even consider buying this because they already have one.
Mine has the factory damper but I would like it to open softer still (MFT if it matters) but I sometimes use the open tailgate button on my remote.
My old truck also was the same way but only opened manually, sometimes I would need to pull it forward vs just hitting the open lever which was fine.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine didn't come with a damper. I also do not have remote open
Mine does have the damper but i did install one on my 4th gen. Super easy install, not expensive, great mod. Its one of those small things I would think would be standard on all trims

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online