5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite low-cost Amazon upgrade?

NCLife

Reaction score

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wasn't that happy with the center console armrest organization jzer I bought off Amazon. It's still in the truck, but doesn't gold anything in place if you pick up the armrest to get inside. All they had to do was make the divider walls taller to be closer to bottom of armrest when closed.
Agreed. Makes no sense that companies take the time to design these, and then don't spend five minutes testing their usefulness.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Its not a Amazon purchase, but the Hellwig sway bar is a must.

Where are you from, I'm guessing North Carolina?

raygun9

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Its not a Amazon purchase, but the Hellwig sway bar is a must.

Whats everyone paying these days for this? On the gen4s they were so much less.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whats everyone paying these days for this? On the gen4s they were so much less.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Prices have gone up dramatically over the last few months. Inflation and supply issues. Most people running one, myself included, bought them before the price increase.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you by chance do any type of write up on the install? I presume you tapped the existing reverse light wireS somewhere.
There are several threads on it, but I bought the Curt 56584 wiring harness and tapped into that so I didn't mess with the OEM wiring. I soldered extra wires onto the reverse, aux 12V, and ground because I have other things tapped into it. I tend to use JST 2 connectors when possible on these little things because the lights are cheap and tend to die after 2-3 years sitting in the elements. Makes it easy for plug and play.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I should have thought of this given my dog can't get himself up there without scrambling and scratching 🤦‍♂️
The nice thing is these will cover up scratches too, though I would touch any scratches up first

NCLife

Reaction score

I am...a town called Waxhaw that's effectively a burb of Charlotte. I am an avid Jeep guy, so I'm familiar with the Hellwig's from that perspective. Reduced body roll I assume? I just picked up my truck. It's a 2020 Laramie that's pretty loaded. It had Method wheels and 35" Ridge Grapplers. They were rubbing at full lock, so I hit the liners with the heat gun today and took care of that. To my surprise I discovered it has what must be a lift kit with Fox shocks. I knew it sat slightly higher and was leveled, but I assumed it was a spacer lift. So, nice surprise there.

Attachments

• CD5F517C-F365-4F83-AC10-A1A17B93856D.jpeg
    CD5F517C-F365-4F83-AC10-A1A17B93856D.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 424993FF-CB47-4F45-9F63-DE5A1D1913DE.jpeg
    424993FF-CB47-4F45-9F63-DE5A1D1913DE.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 8A686565-A615-4770-A23F-E22B5FF5C3BA.jpeg
    8A686565-A615-4770-A23F-E22B5FF5C3BA.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 761A2A00-E74F-4A1E-959A-A94EF78D8F7D.jpeg
    761A2A00-E74F-4A1E-959A-A94EF78D8F7D.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 171

NCLife

Reaction score
There are several threads on it, but I bought the Curt 56584 wiring harness and tapped into that so I didn't mess with the OEM wiring. I soldered extra wires onto the reverse, aux 12V, and ground because I have other things tapped into it. I tend to use JST 2 connectors when possible on these little things because the lights are cheap and tend to die after 2-3 years sitting in the elements. Makes it easy for plug and play.
Thanks!

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like $311 on americantrucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yea, they are the only ones holding the price down. Not sure what other vendors are thinking. I have seen some listings over 400.
Crazy, Every now and them a listing will pop in the sell forum for 200-250
I miss one of this listing recently

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I am...a town called Waxhaw that's effectively a burb of Charlotte. I am an avid Jeep guy, so I'm familiar with the Hellwig's from that perspective. Reduced body roll I assume? I just picked up my truck. It's a 2020 Laramie that's pretty loaded. It had Method wheels and 35" Ridge Grapplers. They were rubbing at full lock, so I hit the liners with the heat gun today and took care of that. To my surprise I discovered it has what must be a lift kit with Fox shocks. I knew it sat slightly higher and was leveled, but I assumed it was a spacer lift. So, nice surprise there.
Nice! I’m pretty positive that’s the 2” mopar lift by Fox! So your factory warranty should remain intact on the suspension

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
let's see... not exactly low cost but there are alternative options on Amazon, but these are the things I bought from Amazon:
i got my Blue Sea Fuse Block w/ ground (x2), Blue Sea circuit breakers (x2), Blue Sea bus bar. All these have low cost alternative options but I went with Blue Sea since I don't trust cheap Chinese-made key electrical components.
I got my Nilight 5-gang rocker switch system from Amazon. I don't mind the switches go bad since all they do is control the flow of power feed. If they go bad they're not going to cause a fire but 30 minutes of my time to replace.
I also got my HAM radio cat5 extensions and 3.5mm speaker extensions from Amazon too. Those I can do with low-cost MIC since they're inside the cab and not critical to safety.
I also got a Baofeng handheld HAM radio as a backup/ off the truck communication when I spot for my friends. That's a low-cost option from Amazon compared to Yaesu or iCom handheld.

Users who are viewing this thread