5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the No. 1 thing that disappointed you the most about your truck ?

tcm4950

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My "oddest" thing is not having a console gear selector anymore. But, all that room in the console IS nice...
I'm old enough to remember when they (Chrysler) had push buttons on the dash for their automatic transmissions

ProdigyDude

Reaction score
Don't see where you list the details of your truck anywhere however that is definitely not normal and should be taken in for service.

Mine is so smooth you have to watch the RPM gauge to tell when it shifts during normal driving.

It’s a 1500 5.7L no etorque. I took it in once but the technician didn’t feel anything. I haven’t had a chance to go back. Really unfortunate because I drive back home in traffic every weekday and it’s just constant studdering when stopping and going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigoldthor

Reaction score
For me, so far, the #1 thing is the lower than expected fuel economy. Hoping it improves as it gets broken in...I'm only at about 500 miles so far. But even if it doesn't, it's a truck after all. I love it and plan to keep for a while.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok after 1 year I can say I hate the fact that you cant put brighter back up lights in the Laramie. Really a dumb design.

derp

Reaction score
Ok after 1 year I can say I hate the fact that you cant put brighter back up lights in the Laramie. Really a dumb design.
you sure about that? I've seen a lot of self fellating "look at my rear floodlight LED replacement" posts on FB.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In a way the flat rear floor annoys me on occasion when I've placed something on the rear left floor only to find it on the other side when I got home. Things can really slide around. A flat floor is nice from one aspect, but not others. I wish Ram (or Mopar) offered an accessory solution for this.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 029994 miles.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In a way the flat rear floor annoys me on occasion when I've placed something on the rear left floor only to find it on the other side when I got home. Things can really slide around. A flat floor is nice from one aspect, but not others. I wish Ram (or Mopar) offered an accessory solution for this.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 029994 miles.
Easy solution to this: Keep a couple of bungees handy. There's several holes in the back seat frame at the floor that you can hook bungees through. You can also use a big net, the kind that goes in the back of an SUV. I've done that too. This is on a crew cab, but I would think the quad cab has holes in the seat frames too. One other thing is get the rubber floor mat that goes in the back. I find that when I use the fluffy, fancy one in the back seat it's a bigger problem than when I use the Ram rubber weather one, which has a bunch of ribs in it that holds stuff in place.

The completely flat floor is where it's at. I had a Nissan Titan for years and it was almost flat - a slight transmission hump - and I always wished it was completely flat. I had to compensate for that hump every time I put my dog's bed back there on a trip.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you sure about that? I've seen a lot of self fellating "look at my rear floodlight LED replacement" posts on FB.
I removed them and looked. Its a single sealed unit with a single plug, there are no slots for individual bulb replacement.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Easy solution to this: Keep a couple of bungees handy. There's several holes in the back seat frame at the floor that you can hook bungees through. You can also use a big net, the kind that goes in the back of an SUV. I've done that too. This is on a crew cab, but I would think the quad cab has holes in the seat frames too. One other thing is get the rubber floor mat that goes in the back. I find that when I use the fluffy, fancy one in the back seat it's a bigger problem than when I use the Ram rubber weather one, which has a bunch of ribs in it that holds stuff in place.

The completely flat floor is where it's at. I had a Nissan Titan for years and it was almost flat - a slight transmission hump - and I always wished it was completely flat. I had to compensate for that hump every time I put my dog's bed back there on a trip.
I have the rear rubber Mopar mats and nothing slides around. Maybe they would help your situation.

JAram20

Reaction score
I knew these things going in but compared to my X 2016 F150 Lariat (one step below Platinum) and current 2020 Laramie Longhorn....(one step below Laramie) these are the things I miss.

No auto up/down, in/out of steering wheel on RAM with exit or entry. Yes, the RAM seat will move forward or reverse but still not as nice as F150
No ability to change ambient lighting colors ( had multiple choices on F150)
NO key pad code access on driver door. Loved not needing to have my key fob to unlock door. Having to go back inside to get key is a pain. And no I will not use UConn

Help me if you can.....It's an old song.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
I knew these things going in but compared to my X 2016 F150 Lariat (one step below Platinum) and current 2020 Laramie Longhorn....(one step below Laramie) these are the things I miss.

No auto up/down, in/out of steering wheel on RAM with exit or entry. Yes, the RAM seat will move forward or reverse but still not as nice as F150
No ability to change ambient lighting colors ( had multiple choices on F150)
NO key pad code access on driver door. Loved not needing to have my key fob to unlock door. Having to go back inside to get key is a pain. And no I will not use UConn

Help me if you can.....It's an old song.
I do miss all those things you mentioned about the F150 (had the same Lariat with the 502A package, nicely equipped). Of all of them though, the lack of keypad door access is probably the one I miss the most, for the same reason you mentioned. You could also use it to lock the door even with the key fob inside if you wanted.

That said, still much happier overall with the Ram.

UKreject

Reaction score
I’m still pissed and always will be about no heat no folding tow mirrors. Caveat emptor. This is only issue with my Bighorn. It is a early build and I lucked out. No problems at all. I love driving this truck.

Toytruck

Reaction score
I’m still pissed and always will be about no heat no folding tow mirrors. Caveat emptor. This is only issue with my Bighorn. It is a early build and I lucked out. No problems at all. I love driving this truck.

My tow mirrors are heated and have the blind spot alert, I dont care for the split glass image though. I fact that they dont power fold doesnt bother me.

Highline Cleveland

Reaction score
My biggest complaint about my Bighorn Lonstar is that I have no options other than the hemi. No mirror turn signals, no power seats, little *** radio with no Xm radio, no power sliding rear glass, I could go on. But I got a unbelievable deal so I went with it. Its a lease, so when I turn it in next year I will purchase a Laramie with all the bells and whistles

kevinssaco

Reaction score
My biggest complaint about my Bighorn Lonstar is that I have no options other than the hemi. No mirror turn signals, no power seats, little *** radio with no Xm radio, no power sliding rear glass, I could go on. But I got a unbelievable deal so I went with it. Its a lease, so when I turn it in next year I will purchase a Laramie with all the bells and whistles
Having gone from a 2015 Silverado LT to a RAM 2019 Bighorn Level 1, there were a few missed niceties including dual zone climate control, multiple power outlets including an AC outlet. I didn't realize until after I signed my lease all of the things this truck didn't have. The tow mirrors are hard to get used to in non tow mode making everything look way too close when trying to pass someone. I was just blinded by the power of the HEMI VVT 5.7L which put a huge grin on my face compared to the acceleration of my 5.3L Chevy. I thought about getting a Larame next time, but you are paying a whole lot more just to have leather and dual zone climate and a couple other niceties. I'm considering a Bighorn Level 2 instead and save a few $$. Most likely I'll get something lightly used and might just be a Larame rather than trying to distinguish one Bighorn from another without having to visit all the lots. New vehicles are just ridiculously priced and harf to swallow a $700 a month payment!

Users who are viewing this thread