5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the No. 1 thing that disappointed you the most about your truck ?

highgear2005

Reaction score
My level two bighorn has everything I need! I love this truck. Coming from a broken 2.7 f150. I really have no complaints. The only thing I regret is having the dealership install mopar splash guards. After seeing how they trap and hold dirt in the large pocket, should have gone with aftermarket. I guess a D student engineer needs a job to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My level two bighorn has everything I need! I love this truck. Coming from a broken 2.7 f150. I really have no complaints. The only thing I regret is having the dealership install mopar splash guards. After seeing how they trap and hold dirt in the large pocket, should have gone with aftermarket. I guess a D student engineer needs a job to.

My son is graduating from University of Buffalo this semester. Drop out rate is very high, and if you ever heard of some of the average marks on tests you would think twice of going over a bridge.
The guy who designed the mud flaps is probably running for political office somewhere in NYC. The mud flaps are probably designed to be aerodynamic and protective of some species, unknown to 99.99999% of the population, that gets trapped in traditional mud flaps.

Mch5jdm

Reaction score
That the radio cannot get OTA updates.

BigD

Reaction score
Nothing, I can honestly say this truck is so freaking awesome! Not a single problem. A pure joy to drive. I've had it a month & i still get all excited everytime I'm about to go somewhere with it. So much fun. I've watched hundreds of comparison videos of Ram vs. other brands & I don't know why anyone would buy anything else ??!! I am curious to see how Ford will step up their game for the 2021 model that's supposed to be all new redesign. Also Toyota is supposed to have a complete redesign in 2021. As of right now RAM reigns SUPREME !!

BigD

Reaction score
Having gone from a 2015 Silverado LT to a RAM 2019 Bighorn Level 1, there were a few missed niceties including dual zone climate control, multiple power outlets including an AC outlet. I didn't realize until after I signed my lease all of the things this truck didn't have. The tow mirrors are hard to get used to in non tow mode making everything look way too close when trying to pass someone. I was just blinded by the power of the HEMI VVT 5.7L which put a huge grin on my face compared to the acceleration of my 5.3L Chevy. I thought about getting a Larame next time, but you are paying a whole lot more just to have leather and dual zone climate and a couple other niceties. I'm considering a Bighorn Level 2 instead and save a few $$. Most likely I'll get something lightly used and might just be a Larame rather than trying to distinguish one Bighorn from another without having to visit all the lots. New vehicles are just ridiculously priced and harf to swallow a $700 a month payment!
Big Horn level 2 is the way to go. They are pretty loaded with all the creature comforts new for $40k. The dealers around here stock almost all level 2's. They only stock a handful of level 1. Price difference is only $1,000 & u get so much stuff.

Belowjo

Reaction score
Love my truck. Love Everything about it except the shifter knob. It still feels weird to me. Never thought I would see the day it became pretty much standard in trucks to have the knob.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love my truck. Love Everything about it except the shifter knob. It still feels weird to me. Never thought I would see the day it became pretty much standard in trucks to have the knob.

It's only odd for a bit and then you'll realize they should all be this way. Saves so much room that can be used for better purposes!

BigD

Reaction score
It's only odd for a bit and then you'll realize they should all be this way. Saves so much room that can be used for better purposes!
I had a 2013 Ram with the column shifter. I could barely wait to get the 8 speed tranny with the knob shifter. As soon as I jumped in it to drive it home from the dealer it felt normal instantly. No having to get used to it for me. I love it !

STR

Reaction score
Nitpicking, but I agree with the above... $195 for the rear wheelhouse liners is ridiculous. One of the worse cost saving cuts on a vehicle that I’ve ever experienced. It’s just a matter of time before the front liners will be extra...

Overall, the RAM is far from disappointing. Especially compared to Ford and Chevy, who also charge extra for those damn liners. I’ve own all three, and then some, and was considering a Trail Boss, but for the same price the Rebel blew it away with features, comfort, ergonomics, and performance.

It’s human nature to complain, and all vehicles have their issues especially if you look hard enough, but in comparison, going with the RAM was the easy choice... this time(y)

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my truck but so far the biggest disappointment is the lack of proximity door handles on my truck. My friends 2007 car has this and my 2013 Mazda 3 commuter has them. It's really kind of ridiculous that this 2020, 60k msrp truck, with tons of features doesn't have one of the most basic things. I feel like in 2020 this should be standard. Just like blindspot monitoring but they want to make that optional as well. I didn't even realize it didn't have them until the day after I brought it home.

TLOC

Reaction score
I apologize and know this will rub many of you die hard Ram fans wrong, but biggest gripe is knowing and BELIEVING that this is the 2019 Motor Trend truck of the year and it has SO many different issues that should disqualify it or at least be fixed by FCA immediately...sad...can't imagine a truck with this award and price can be this problematic...

Last edited:

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I owned three different 4th gens over the last 10 years before I got my 5th gen which I’ve currently had for about a year. I think it is a major improvement over the 4th gens. I’ve had no issues with it at all, I actually leased it in case I didn’t like it that much I could turn it in afterwards. I now intend to keep it after the lease, and my wife loves it as well. My biggest thing is the lights. My 2013 F150 had HID headlights from the factory. It’s crazy that a 2019 truck that’s as loaded up as my night edition level 2 big horn has halogen lights. The mid level LED lights for these models should be the standard light on these trucks.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I apologize and know this will rub many of you die hard Ram fans wrong, but biggest gripe is knowing and BELIEVING that this is the 2019 Motor Trend truck of the year and it has SO many different issues that should disqualify it or at least be fixed by FCA immediately...sad...can't imagine a truck with this award and price can be this problematic...

To be honest if the criteria was lack of problems only the import trucks would win. :cool:

Stevenc150

Reaction score
Can only send generic "pre-defined" text messages. Crazy to think that it has voice recognition but u cant speak/send a unique text msg.

When I press [Send New Text Msg with Voice Recognition] the chick says "Say a predefined message to send to..." :mad: :mad:

20200519_123741.jpg

TLOC

Reaction score
Can only send generic "pre-defined" text messages. Crazy to think that it has voice recognition but u cant speak/send a unique text msg.

When I press [Send New Text Msg with Voice Recognition] the chick says "Say a predefined message to send to..." :mad: :mad:

View attachment 56544

A truck with this kind of marketing and advertised technology, it's pitiful...

Users who are viewing this thread