5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the No. 1 thing that disappointed you the most about your truck ?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After about 3 months of ownership now in addition to the small mirror minor complaint, I will add that it is kind of annoying to lock the truck other than with the inside button on the door when exiting or using the FOB outside the truck. If you exit, close the door, and want to hit the outside button it does not take unless you wait for the lights to flash from closing the door and go off....a few seconds. Another minor thing but can be serious for those that think they locked the truck and it is really not locked...especially considering this truck does not have an auto lock feature which would be a separate complaint. When locking from outside of the truck you really need to watch and listen that the locks engage.

When I get out of my truck, I close the door and hit the button on the handle and it locks. No waiting.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I get out of my truck, I close the door and hit the button on the handle and it locks. No waiting.

Oh, and, you DO have to make sure you are not touching the back side of the handle at all when you press that button. That's how you unlock it, so if you're touching it of course it won't lock. I have made that mistake many times.

Toytruck

Reaction score
After about 3 months of ownership now in addition to the small mirror minor complaint, I will add that it is kind of annoying to lock the truck other than with the inside button on the door when exiting or using the FOB outside the truck. If you exit, close the door, and want to hit the outside button it does not take unless you wait for the lights to flash from closing the door and go off....a few seconds. Another minor thing but can be serious for those that think they locked the truck and it is really not locked...especially considering this truck does not have an auto lock feature which would be a separate complaint. When locking from outside of the truck you really need to watch and listen that the locks engage.

I have no problem using the lock on the handle. I exit the truck, shut the door and hit the button in the handle. It locks every time. Theres no mistaken if it locked or not, you can hear it lock all four doors.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most of us here have some issues with our truck but what's the one thing that disappointed you the most? Mine was perfect until I discovered a water leak under the driver side door sill. The ironic thing is I got rid of my 2015 F150 because of a water leak that they can't fix. I got the Ram and didn't want the sunroof because I didn't want to take the chance on getting a leak but now I'm dealing with the same issue. Very frustrating.
Fuel mileage, yes it’s a truck but it should at least get close to what the sticker says. I even spent the extra money for the Etorque. City mpg is good with the etorque it’s the 60-75 mph that kills the mpg. Can’t believe the government approved these bogus mpg ratings, dumb!

rxit

Reaction score
So far I'm really liking the truck. My one disappointment would be the lackluster back-up lights. However, thanks to this forum I found a workable solution that was easy to install and cheap.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no problem using the lock on the handle. I exit the truck, shut the door and hit the button in the handle. It locks every time. Theres no mistaken if it locked or not, you can hear it lock all four doors.

Interesting...Not sure what trucks both of you have. Wonder if it is a Limited issue...or maybe I am lightning fast compared to you guys. :ROFLMAO:

If I wait a sec (seems to correspond to the light flashing going off from closing the door) it works no problem.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting...Not sure what trucks both of you have. Wonder if it is a Limited issue...or maybe I am lightning fast compared to you guys. :ROFLMAO:

If I wait a sec (seems to correspond to the light flashing going off from closing the door) it works no problem.

I have a Laramie with the Level 2 package and Adv Safety Group. So, it should work just the same as a Limited.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about regarding the "light flashing going off from closing the door".

I don't think I have any lights that flash when I close the door. Why would anybody want that? But, maybe that's the difference?

George Bednar

Reaction score
I have a Laramie with the Level 2 package and Adv Safety Group. So, it should work just the same as a Limited.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about regarding the "light flashing going off from closing the door".

I don't think I have any lights that flash when I close the door. Why would anybody want that? But, maybe that's the difference?
On my Limited there is a red light on the instrument cluster that blinks 15 or so times to confirm the ant-theft system has been engaged.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my Limited there is a red light on the instrument cluster that blinks 15 or so times to confirm the ant-theft system has been engaged.

I have never noticed if my truck has that. What I have verified is that I can close the driver's door and press the button on the handle to lock it as quickly after the door shuts as I physically can and the truck locks. I can even press the button to lock it while the passenger door is still open and all the locks lock. When the passenger finally closes their door, the truck is locked.

When I press the button to lock the truck, THEN my headlights flash. That is a setting in the Uconnect settings. I have it set to flash the lights, but to not sound the horn, when the truck locks.

RamLink83

Reaction score
So far for me is the paint defect on my door that I have to take back to the dealer to look at and waiting on the inevitable rear window frame crack/leak. Not happy seeing all of these rear window issues. Worries me when the dealer has to remove the window and risk scratching the truck or not putting it back together correctly.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

My Limited works same as yours of course. No issues.

Bob G

Reaction score
Front Seat Leg Room. Could use a couple more inches up front.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Mines Limited and it locks every single time I hit it no delay.

barakutha

Reaction score
I wish I could use the rear parking sensor with the truck randomly braking for no reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Limited 4x4 with ramboxes, no etourque
- Borla cat-back touring with resonator
- 20% ceramic tint all around and pano
- Mostly dechromed and debadged
- Leveled with Daystar spacers and revel links (0.5in rake)
- Nitto ridge grapplers 285/55r22 (34.6x11.7)

Smerberj

Reaction score
Water leaking into my freaking cabin. Already been to the dealer once about it, they said they fixed it but this morning I walked outside and found a nice sized puddle under the carpet.:mad: 20200125_083242.jpg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Water leaking into my freaking cabin. Already been to the dealer once about it, they said they fixed it but this morning I walked outside and found a nice sized puddle under the carpet.:mad: View attachment 44965
I see all these posts and, even though I’ve never had this issue, it makes me so mad that these problems don’t get fixed as they should. I get it that they may not get it on the first try, but at least test the heck out of it before giving the truck back to the customer. This also tells me that the factory is pumping out trucks and not testing either, obviously.

Again, sorry to hear.

RAMCares, WTF is going on with your factory? We’ve seen so many leaking issues month after month and it never seems to get fixed. This model has been out for almost two years now, and water leaks, brakes squealing, rampant UConnect issues, cracked window bezels, etc, can’t be blamed on new model teething issues anymore. Get your $hit together.

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My two cents as long as folks are buying their top tier models they will keep doing what they are doing. I rarely see any advertisements for the base models commercial wise. They keep talking about how great the Limited are and yes folks aren’t having problems. But like you said these are not new vehicles, it’s been two years so get their heads straight..

jhoran

Reaction score
Uconnect app will not start my truck. Otherwise I love it. ‘20 Rebel.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
The abysmal fuel economy. How they ever were able to print those numbers on the sticker is beyond me.

Lots of details and QC issues on so many of them. FCA simply doesn't care about anything but profit.

Users who are viewing this thread