5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the No. 1 thing that disappointed you the most about your truck ?

NewToRAM

Reaction score
This is an easy question - fuel economy. After owning (4) GMC Z71s with 5.3 liters and 3.73 rears and an F150 with 5.0 and 3:55 rears I can safely say this trucks gets the worst fuel economy by fay than any 4x4 truck I've owned. I like it but it loves the fuel.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
As far as...
#2. I believe there may be a setting that allows for fan speed reduction when calls are made. Mine used to do this but I disabled it last year, as I live in a cold weather climate, and did not want the heater to slow down while on the phone. Can't remember where the setting is at though. Maybe under phone settings.
#6. I used the Settings App to enable doors unlock when placed in park.
#7. My truck has the turn signals on both side mirrors. You can't see them from inside the cab, but people driving along side/behind me can
#14. Go into your Settings under the 7" Screen and set that up to display whatever you want. You can place the audio info in the main display, and it should give you all the information you want, if you haven't already done so.

#2 I'll have to search, read the manual several times...did it on my GMC...
#6 Have to check again, if mine is equipped; Automatic Doors Unlock — If Equipped This feature unlocks all of the doors of the vehicle when either front door is opened. This will occur only after the vehicle has been shifted into the PARK position after the vehicle has been driven (shifted out of PARK and all doors closed). Automatic Doors Unlock Programming — If Equipped The Automatic Doors Unlock feature can be enabled or disabled through the vehicle’s Uconnect system. Refer to “Uconnect Settings” in “Multimedia” for further information.
#7 I did see that, the GMC was on the actual mirror part, I think those in front/side of you can see, but not back/side on the RAM, I'll have to put my blinker on and walk around.
#14 - Yes, have a good setup for the 7" screen, the "antenna" is shown as a radio tower picture, taking up about 1/3rd of the available space for song info, etc. Same when you plug in CarPlay, there is a big "C." They should update and delete the graphics and just show the words.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
This one probably frustrates me more than any other...passengers yanking on the rear door handles when we park, only to be denied!
I swear that's in the settings page, no?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

barakutha

Reaction score
Ram Box alignment.. on the 4th gen they did a much better job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Limited 4x4 with ramboxes, no etourque
- Borla cat-back touring with resonator
- 20% ceramic tint all around and pano
- Mostly dechromed and debadged
- Leveled with Daystar spacers and revel links (0.5in rake)
- Nitto ridge grapplers 285/55r22 (34.6x11.7)

Psyonic64

Reaction score
MPG, no question. My expectations weren't high on a truck, but sub-14 is worse than I expected. Hoping for a little improvement after 1st oil change.

Tred's

Reaction score
Okay, let me add my $0.02 worth here. I am very happy with the 2019 Big Horn I have. With that said, these are my major gripes.

1. Paint quality! The paint looks like I drove through a sand storm, I've only had since 02/09/2019 & it has never been close to off roading. Only freeways & surface streets. Even waxed, the paint seems to just fall off? It's going to go back to the dealer when the weather warms back up.
2. A/C is very slow to cool. My 2017 (before it was totaled) worked much faster & got the cab cooler quicker than this on does. Very disappointed.

Other than the "squeak" in my brakes, I took it in at 10K & they replaced all four corners/pads. Now, at 15K, it's beginning to squeak again? Not a major issue, but it can be annoying.

My final complaint, I should have done more research into the different trim levels (my bad) before I bought this one. My wife seems to complain about not having the heated seats during this time of year. Oh well, lesson learned. I miss the heated mirrors around this time of year, too.

Now that Bilstien has began supplying the 5100 adj. shock for the 2019 (DT) model year, I can raise the nose up a couple of inches. I ordered 2 yesterday!

I guess I am one of the lucky ones, I get 17-19 MPG in my all around driving. I've gotten 23.8 on the freeway. But it's a truck, I didn't buy it for fuel mileage considerations. Still, I am impressed with this MPG. Also, I am older & don't jack rabbit off stops, to start driving. I leave my Etoruqe system on, all of the time.

So, there you have it. I am a very happy Ram owner & look to drive this one for quite a while.

Bigtone

Reaction score
Really my only complaint has been finding a bolt on one of the rear lower control arms loose, which was causing a loud cracking noise when pulling out or braking hard. Made the noise since day one. Makes me wonder what else may be loose.

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
Surprisingly I actually get better mpg than the sticker on mine (generally get 21-22 mpg on my non etorque Hemi). The only thing that disappoints me on this new Ram is the front legroom isn’t as long as my last truck. I am 6’3 so I need all the legroom I can get and it’s fine but it’s not as good as the other trucks.

Kob0583

Reaction score
I think for the price, missing a few things that should be standard:

Passive entry
Blind spot monitoring
Auto lock when you walk away
Air ride should have a auto lower feature when parked.
Rear USB ports
Bed lights
Security alarm

Ride, interior comfort, looks and lighting all seem great but with a MSRP at $62k a few more things should be standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChryslerVette

Reaction score
I love my new RAM, however the wind buffeting with the windows open can actually be violent shaking. Bizarre .

Cravenfan

Reaction score
I love my new RAM, however the wind buffeting with the windows open can actually be violent shaking. Bizarre .

That's on nearly every modern vehicle...same thing with my 2015 GMC Denali, unless you are talking about something other the helicopter like noise with one window down, etc.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's on nearly every modern vehicle...same thing with my 2015 GMC Denali, unless you are talking about something other the helicopter like noise with one window down, etc.
Unless it's raining outside my wife has to have the window open. Somewhere between cracked and full open depending on wind and temperature. My kids almost always have to have the windows up. This leaves me to adjust my window to prevent the "helicopter" noise buffering pressure oscillation in the cab with only one window open.

When I'm running windows down (usually alone and commuting) opening the rear slider makes a difference in wind flow through the cab. It feels like if flows through the cab rather than buffers in the back seat then out the rear windows since the rear window now has a "hole" in it. It seems like an obvious thing but on my last truck (2003 Ford F-250) it made little difference if the rear slider was open.

SAURKRT

Reaction score
Didn’t get the 3.92 gears and 33gallon tank

That's not a disappointment with the Truck, it's a disappointment with Yourself...

(even IF you ordered it that way and it came in different - you don't HAVE to take delivery)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online