5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the No. 1 thing that disappointed you the most about your truck ?

rsmeanie

Reaction score
Interesting...Not sure what trucks both of you have. Wonder if it is a Limited issue...or maybe I am lightning fast compared to you guys. :ROFLMAO:

If I wait a sec (seems to correspond to the light flashing going off from closing the door) it works no problem.

I have a Limited and have had no issues locking the door. Get out, push the button and it locks. Easy peasy. I did have some issues in the beginning because I would grip the handle while pushing the button. That’s a no-no. Can’t have your fingers on the back of the handle.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Limited and have had no issues locking the door. Get out, push the button and it locks. Easy peasy. I did have some issues in the beginning because I would grip the handle while pushing the button. That’s a no-no. Can’t have your fingers on the back of the handle.
In my case, it works right away - except when I get a spark touching the button from static electricity, which happens often enough that I’ve gotten in the habit of touching the handle right next to the button before pressing the button.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
What are you talking about? This is AFTER the dealer "fixed" mine. Nothing screams $60K truck like misaligned plastic. Good job, Ram.
View attachment 45014 View attachment 45015
I know, the 4th Gen Ramboxes lined up better, although the gaps were bigger. Even with the 3rd grade art project quality fitment job I would still buy the truck with Ramboxes. I am just surprised that FCA is letting these trucks leave the factory looking this gosh darn bad

tloon

Reaction score
Compared to my '16 Laramie:
Gas mileage way down.
Miss that overhead light that shined down on the console tray.
Homelink controls for the OH doors on the visor and way too small and barely lit. '16 buttons were much bigger and easier to access.
There are things on this truck I like better than the '16 but that was not the question.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mines Limited and it locks every single time I hit it no delay.

So in paying attention to what I am doing I believe I have a finger that is going inside the handle which triggers unlock and flashes lights...thus it has to wait a sec to allow the lock.

I believe the problem is the carbon unit. :ROFLMAO:

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So in paying attention to what I am doing I believe I have a finger that is going inside the handle which triggers unlock and flashes lights...thus it has to wait a sec to allow the lock.

I believe the problem is the carbon unit. :ROFLMAO:

Loose nut on the door handle... ;)

Bigtone

Reaction score
I really like the truck compared to my F150. The only issue I have is the auto headlamps and the way it dims the screens during the day. I usually reach down and just crank up the dash light. I find it odd this truck would have this as an odd quirk that has no factory resolution.
I have this problem with my 2019 Ram as well as my Chrysler products. Other cars, such as Honda, have 2 circuits. One turns on the headlights near dusk, and the other dims the dash displays later when the interior gets dark. Works great. If I am not mistaken, my 2010 Ram seemed to work that way.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Compared to my '16 Laramie:
Gas mileage way down.
Miss that overhead light that shined down on the console tray.
Homelink controls for the OH doors on the visor and way too small and barely lit. '16 buttons were much bigger and easier to access.
There are things on this truck I like better than the '16 but that was not the question.
I have a '19 Laramie and the accent lighting has a light that shines on the center console...

tloon

Reaction score
I have a '19 Laramie and the accent lighting has a light that shines on the center console...
This was a very small light, recessed and tucked up in the center of the overhead that shined down on the console. Could not turn it on or off, and to see where it came from you had to get under and look up to see it. Put just enough light out to see the console, but you would never notice it while driving at night.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This was a very small light, recessed and tucked up in the center of the overhead that shined down on the console. Could not turn it on or off, and to see where it came from you had to get under and look up to see it. Put just enough light out to see the console, but you would never notice it while driving at night.
My Limited has that very same, very small light, tucked into the overhead console. And, it puts out just enough light to illuminate the center console. The post above this is referencing the same light in his laramie. It can be controlled (On/Off/Brightness) with the left dimmer switch dial. Bet you do have it, and it is turned off. Or your overhead console is defective.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My Limited has that very same, very small light, tucked into the overhead console. And, it puts out just enough light to illuminate the center console. The post above this is referencing the same light in his laramie. It can be controlled (On/Off/Brightness) with the left dimmer switch dial. Bet you do have it, and it is turned off. Or your overhead console is defective.
Agree.

tloon

Reaction score
Will check it out. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread