5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the No. 1 thing that disappointed you the most about your truck ?

BDCarp04

Reaction score
Non power tow mirrors.

Lack of key fob awareness and the reclining rear seats I wish I had researched more and miss having, but nothing is more annoying than having to run around the truck if I'm by myself and pulling into tight spaces or a carwash or something.

Last edited:

rah6887

Reaction score
ANC
I want to add an amp/sub like I have always done in my other vehicles, but don't want to deal with the headaches it will cause.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A small few things 1)the reverse lights few like a safety concern. 2) gas mileage is way below advertised and feel a bit cheated

None of these are big issues and I love my truck. The reverse lights feel silly for 60k truck to need aux lighting to fix. I can barely see backing up my long driveway. The milage doesn't really amount to much monetarily, but I feel deceived.
You make a good point about gas mileage. But given my option content, I should have been expecting a gas hog :)

U

User_21361

You make a good point about gas mileage. But given my option content, I should have been expecting a gas hog :)
Haha fair. I'm more frustrated at the marketing not the output. The mpg happened to me instead of me choosing to have it. It's more about the principle.

Geobound

Reaction score
I can't get a confirmation on my free keychain no matter how many times I enter my information. :giggle:

On the truck itself.....my 12" screen reboots every 30 seconds so nothing works.

Ramboxes are warped and looks like crap.

AC has to be on the highest setting in order to get the truck cold, but then you can't have a conversation with people next to you or on the phone...........when the radio works that is.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can't get a confirmation on my free keychain no matter how many times I enter my information. :giggle:

On the truck itself.....my 12" screen reboots every 30 seconds so nothing works.

Ramboxes are warped and looks like crap.

AC has to be on the highest setting in order to get the truck cold, but then you can't have a conversation with people next to you or on the phone...........when the radio works that is.
I want a keychain! Lol

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't really think of anything, to be honest. But I don't really have high expectations, either. It's a really nice truck, and are there things I would change? Probably, but I don't know that calling it a "disappointment" would be the right word. Things I would probably change/improve/alter:

1. Shifter knob. I've come too close to grabbing it when I wanted to turn the radio up several times. I appreciate the extra space but still think I'd probably prefer a console shift lever.
2. Tow mirrors - these are kind of ugly and should be available as power folding and body-color or chrome. The tow mirrors on my Titan were far better looking and superior functioning to these unless I flip them up, which makes them REALLY ugly :D
3. A little bit of road noise when the back seats are folded up. Don't notice it with them down so I assume part of it is just resonance in the big empty chanber behind the driver/passenger seat.
4. Back seat back doesn't fold down and give you room to put tools and stuff. This was my favorite storage spot on my Titan.
5. The passenger seat doesn't go back far enough. I know that eventually my wife will scratch the **** out of the glove box door with her handbag and stuff because the space is small.
6. I believe my back sliding window rattles if it's open all the way. I'm not 100% sure because I don't really care enough to investigate that hard.

So those are the things I can think of. Nothing that to me qualifies as a disappointment. I love the truck overall and would still buy it even knowing these things.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only thing I don’t like or think the truck lacks is the ability to auto lock. I hate having to manually lock and always forget to push button, the last several vehicles all had this feature and I’ve just become a accustomed to it.

ddharris

Reaction score
Rear end whine . Got to take it in for that when I get a chance. It's only frustrating really when on a road where you stay in the "Magic" 46-50 mph range. Just crank the stereo.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hate the brake release.

It is counter-intuitive. I grew up with cars that had a foot pedal parking brake, and a release lever down on the lower left side of the dash that you PULLED to release. My last two cars have had a lever between the seats. How do you release it? You PULL up to take the pressure off the release button.

Now all the sudden you push to release? What's next, put the turn signal lever on the right side of the column, since the gear shift is no longer there?

I've lost count of how many times I've reached down and yanked the release and put it in gear only to have the noise and warning lights advising me that the parking brake is on.
I had the same problem, so I just enabled the auto parking brake in UConnect so that the brake engages in park and disengages when you put the truck in gear.

EJanx07

Reaction score
I miss a gear shift lever. I can not get used to that knob. I back my truck in and I always turn it to “drive” instead of “park” after backing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here with the damn shift knob! Halogen lights (not only for brightness), but they are damn right ugly! I didn't realize there were 2 different options for Big Horns when I bought mine (January of this year). I thought the LED style was standard from all the advertising, so I wasn't paying attention to the lights, but more so the truck color, ORG etc....

Fartknocker

Reaction score
ANC
I want to add an amp/sub like I have always done in my other vehicles, but don't want to deal with the headaches it will cause.
I just got the new pac anc ch01 harness. Its plug and play and is labeled to wire a loc to the harness. No cutting or splicing factory wires. Took me 10 minutes to hook up an lc2i and run the rcas.

rah6887

Reaction score
I just got the new pac anc ch01 harness. Its plug and play and is labeled to wire a loc to the harness. No cutting or splicing factory wires. Took me 10 minutes to hook up an lc2i and run the rcas.
Does your ANC still function properly? I've noticed that some harnesses bypass the ANC.
Can you provide a PN# for the PAC harness?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the same problem, so I just enabled the auto parking brake in UConnect so that the brake engages in park and disengages when you put the truck in gear.
That's what I do as well. Auto parking brake is actually one of my favorite features on the truck. I live in the mountains and you have to use it. Problem is my memory is not that great these days and I would frequently drive off with it on in my last truck, and was constantly killing the parking brake. I don't/never have this problem with hand parking brakes, but I never remember the foot pedal ones. The fact that the truck does it for me (as well as the headlights, which I also leave on automatic) is freaking awesome. This is a good geriatric vehicle :D

Klute

Reaction score
I hate the brake release.

It is counter-intuitive. I grew up with cars that had a foot pedal parking brake, and a release lever down on the lower left side of the dash that you PULLED to release. My last two cars have had a lever between the seats. How do you release it? You PULL up to take the pressure off the release button.

Now all the sudden you push to release? What's next, put the turn signal lever on the right side of the column, since the gear shift is no longer there?

I've lost count of how many times I've reached down and yanked the release and put it in gear only to have the noise and warning lights advising me that the parking brake is on.

The same thing to turn off the front/rear parking assist sensors.

JRadford43

Reaction score
I have a few that are annoying like the shaking at highway speeds but the worst is probably the wind noise with these trucks. It's very loud on the interstate and the wind noise happens to show up around 35mph. Rear doors always sound like the windows are down. Overall the truck is not very quiet, I feel like my 09 ram was quieter.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Nothing mechanically wrong at all, Android Auto very intermittently working, mostly not working at all.

Users who are viewing this thread