5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you buy?

MontFla

Reaction score
Level one group is where you get cross path detection and blind spot monitor. Keep that in mind. Cross path is nice in a truck this size. Especially if there are small sports cars and cycles

BNJMN

Reaction score
Lots of payload discussion here so now that I have a ws I looked mine up. 1019 payload. 9419 max towing.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
I've been thinking about it, and as much as I like the Rambox, I think I'm going to forego that option for the 6'4" bed. Main reason is I still want a rolling cover and a bed-over rack, which would block the ramboxes from opening.

Not only is the LWB-CC cheaper by about $5k (for some reason), but I really do like my current setup:
bqhuzcj.jpg
71SnfLcWbpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the record, the long-box CC is significantly (almost $5k) cheaper than the Short-box CC, with the same options selected and I'm not sure why.

2022 Laramie LBCC 4x2:
3.0 EcoDiesel + 8HP75 Trans + 3.21 Rear Axle
33-gal tank
Advanced Safety Group
Bed Utility Group
Laramie Level 2 Group
Trailer-Tow Group
Night Edition - Billet Silver Metallic
Black Power-fold Trailer Mirrors
5-Passenger
(all other options included in above packages)
$62,260

Your $62,260 build is $5k cheaper because it doesn’t include EcoDiesel.

6’4” bed is only a $300 premium

Looks like the online build doesn’t let you select the EcoDiesel for a 6’4” Laramie 4x2. It’s not known to be 100% accurate so I’d contact a dealer to see if that can be built

CEA4D638-E8C1-4F3D-86A4-8951A8AC193C.png
6494C781-F4C6-468E-9E5E-9E020892E9C8.png

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Edit: Ignore this post. It was too early on a Monday morning.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Your $62,260 build is $5k cheaper because it doesn’t include EcoDiesel.

6’4” bed is only a $300 premium

Looks like the online build doesn’t let you select the EcoDiesel for a 6’4” Laramie 4x2. It’s not known to be 100% accurate so I’d contact a dealer to see if that can be built
I'm telling you, option for option, the LWB is cheaper. Both started as 4x2 Laramie. The only difference is the bed size.

In the following images, you'll see the options are exactly the same. The "Running Board" option is shown in the SWB build, for some reason, even though both trucks clearly have the "Black Tubular Side Steps by Mopar" as part of the Night Edition Package.

In either case, both have the
3.0 Diesel, 3.21, 33-gal
Safety, Bed Utility, Level-2, Night Edition, and Trailer-Tow Groups
Monotone Billet Silver, Power Fold Trailer Mirrors, 19" Night Edition Wheels, Tubular Night Edition Steps
5-seat, 8.4" Nav Screen

SWB vs. LWB:

Last edited:

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm telling you, option for option, the LWB is cheaper. Both started as 4x2 Laramie. The only difference is the bed size.

In the following images, you'll see the options are exactly the same. The "Running Board" option is shown in the SWB build, for some reason, even though both trucks clearly have the "Black Tubular Side Steps by Mopar" as part of the Night Edition Package.

In either case, both have the
3.0 Diesel, 3.21, 33-gal
Safety, Bed Utility, Level-2, Night Edition, and Trailer-Tow Groups
Monotone Billet Silver, Power Fold Trailer Mirrors, 19" Night Edition Wheels, Tubular Night Edition Steps
5-seat, 8.4" Nav Screen

SWB vs. LWB:

$62,260 includes the 3.6L Pentastar

Look at the price breakdown above

You picture shows $0 for the 3.0L EcoDiesel which is not accurate

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I mean, free is free. I'll just have to hold them to a free EcoDiesel
When you ask about that free EcoDiesel, can you ask them if they can send me the 2320 lbs payload capacity they marketed? :LOL:

drydocked

Reaction score
Do you need the trailer tire pressure monitoring or the trailer backing assistance in the trailer tow group? Unless it changed for the 22 orders, those are the only things that can't be added outside of the trailer tow group. The trailer brake controller can be added separate for much less money. When I ordered mine the only reason I opted for the trailer tow group over just the brake controller is because I wanted the trailer tire monitoring.
For a point of reference my payload with the truck in my signature is 1300 lbs and towing capacity is 9700.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Do you need the trailer tire pressure monitoring or the trailer backing assistance in the trailer tow group? Unless it changed for the 22 orders, those are the only things that can't be added outside of the trailer tow group. The trailer brake controller can be added separate for much less money. When I ordered mine the only reason I opted for the trailer tow group over just the brake controller is because I wanted the trailer tire monitoring.
For a point of reference my payload with the truck in my signature is 1300 lbs and towing capacity is 9700.
Good point, here.
Trailer TPMS....Not sure. It sounds like one of those things I never needed, but if I invested in the sensors, I'd swear by it.
Trailer Backing Assist....really don't want or need. It sounds like something that I would try, get frustrated, and then just do it my damn self.
Trailer Brake Controller.....must have. Factory option is always the cleanest install.
Trailer Light Check.....really want. It seems like something that should be available on all cars, anyway.

I could definitely live without the first 2, and I can add the brake controller separately. Can I still do the light check without the Tow Group?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good point, here.
Trailer TPMS....Not sure. It sounds like one of those things I never needed, but if I invested in the sensors, I'd swear by it.
Trailer Backing Assist....really don't want or need. It sounds like something that I would try, get frustrated, and then just do it my damn self.
Trailer Brake Controller.....must have. Factory option is always the cleanest install.
Trailer Light Check.....really want. It seems like something that should be available on all cars, anyway.

I could definitely live without the first 2, and I can add the brake controller separately. Can I still do the light check without the Tow Group?
I'll let you know if I think the trailer TPMS were worth the extra money this weekend. So far, I like the idea and they seem to work fine in the driveway, but haven't towed with them installed yet. That will be corrected Sunday.

The TRSC is a nice-to-have if you're backing up a short trailer a decent distance, when it works correctly. More than once, I've tried to use it and I get a message to configure the trailer sensors or something like that. Probably something I'm doing wrong, but it's not entirely intuitive.

Trailer Brake Controller is obviously a benefit. No issues there.

Trailer light check is great. I hit the button when I'm hooked up and make that check part of my final walkaround. For me, this alone makes the Trailer Tow Group worth it.

TRSC is whatever, and I think I'm going to like having the trailer TPMS based on what I've read and seen so far.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Supposedly Trailer Light Check through 3rd party software:

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
I think my wife is going to be offered a job, today, so We'll probably sit down and solidify our vehicle decisions. At the moment, we'll probably sell our CX-5, keep the Frontier as her car, but she'll mostly be working from home. It might sound silly to sell the CX-5 and keep 2 trucks, but we've found the Frontier is still a better family vehicle, plus it's super cheap to service/maintain.

I will probably order a custom build from Mark Dodge, as suggested.

Solidified:
Laramie Trim 4x2. -After configuring the Laramie, I no longer like the Rebel options.
3.0L EcoDiesel, 3.21 Final, 33-gal tank for maximum range and fuel economy.
Advanced Safety, Bed Utility, Level 2 Equip, Night Edition.
Tow Group (may as well), Power Fold Tow Mirrors.
5 passenger 8.4" Screen Nav. -I'm not a fan of giant touchscreens.

Not sure yet:
Granite Crystal Metallic or Billet Silver Metallic. -I'll have to see both in person.
5'7 RamBox or no RamBox.

The RamBoxes are certainly cool and a special feature of Ram. I like the additional power socket and having lockable storage, but I don't like having fewer bed cover options. I would love a 6'4 bed, but that might not be available with the EcoDiesel. I'll have to ask Mark Dodge.

Users who are viewing this thread