5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you buy?

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
For the record, the dealership confirmed I cannot configure an EcoDiesel Long-Bed, at least not in the 4x2. So this image is incorrect:
1646826180414.png

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Just an update, I'm still working on my order with Mark Dodge, but I did finalize my build and just need to begin signing paperwork and putting in my deposit. I'm getting about $9,000 under MSRP and hopefully other good deals towards the time of delivery. The build should make for a good highway cruiser with towing capabilities.

Base:
2022 Ram1500 Laramie
Crew Cab, 4x2, 5'7" Box

Drivetrain:
3.0L EcoDiesel
3.21 Final Drive
33-Gal Fuel Tank
(Included package options)

Packages:
Laramie Level 2
Night Edition
Advanced Safety
Bed Utility
Trailer-Tow

Exterior:
Granite Crystal Metallic
Black Tow Mirrors

Interior:
5-passenger
8.4" Nav screen
Trailer Brake Controller

1647092399995.png
1647092442436.png

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Deposit is in as of Tuesday.

On Monday I was with my daughter all day, so I took off work and went to a few local dealerships. I found one that had an EcoDiesel in stock. It was a 4x4 Limited with 3.92, but it was enough for me to get a good idea what I would be buying. I got to check out all the features and play with gizmos. The engine's power output was smooth and sufficient. I have no plans to really bury the throttle, so it seems like I'll be happy with the power delivery.

Honestly, when I rented a 2020 Hemi, my problem was that it had too much power. Don't get me wrong, I love HP and I've owned some really fast cars (500hp+), but for something as big as a Ram1500, the Hemi was always chomping at the bit and daring me to unleash the 400hp V8. I want that feeling in a little sports car, not a big cruiser.

As far as the local dealership, I gave them the build sheet and asked them for any incentives. The guy basically told me that the incentive was that they're selling vehicles AT MSRP, minus the $500 factory rebate. His big pitch was that all the other dealerships were selling above MSRP and they were the best in town because I would ONLY be paying sticker. I smiled and felt like Hank Hill.

Bottom line, I got to look, touch, feel, smell, and drive a new EcoDiesel, I even got to put my daughter and her car seat in the back, so I have a good idea what to expect for the kids. Mark Dodge got my deposit because they've definitely figured out their business model for internet buyers.

Build sheet MSRP came out to $68,200. FWP: $62,700. Selling Price: $59,600 plus tax and title, minus whatever incentive happens to come out when the vehicle comes in. No other dealership can shake a stick at that price.

Thanks for all the help 5thgenrams

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread