5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of tire dressing are you using?

xspeedy

Reaction score
I like McKees Gloss Tire Gel which is water based. Used 303 before but it just doesn’t last. Looks great right after a wash but doesn’t last beyond a drive or two. I don’t want anything that is so permanent that I can’t wash it off with an APC. The crap the dealers use in new car delivery is horrible.

Last edited:

LakesAZ

Reaction score
I've tried them all over the years and the best one I have found is from Car Guys. Premium Tire Shine Spray. I use an old dish washing sponge and spray it on to the moist sponge, when you're done throw the sponge away. No need for a special application pad. It last about a month and does not sling out. Nice shine without be over the top shiny.

TheGoogleNinja

Reaction score
I was using some tire finishing products but I was constantly battling excessive browning (most likely due to the cheap products I was using). So, most recently I am just doing a good degreaser scrub of the tire wall, using a aluminum cleaner for the wheels and basically running the matte look without any finishing product. I actually like the look and I have been able to manage avoiding the browning I was experiencing before.

This. I discovered this a while back myself. I hate the look of shiny tires, except on a show car. If any sheen at all, just something very matte. I prefer to just clean the rubber fully and keep it natural.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m going to give this dura dressing a shot this week. I have had the kits in my garage for a couple of weeks now just need to make time to do it

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Best stuff I have ever used. Lasts and does not brown.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
CarPro Perl is fantastic and you can dilute it to whatever area you are needing (Interior/Exterior/etc).

Users who are viewing this thread