5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of tire dressing are you using?

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Been trying to make a choice on this for a while. Looking for something that shines a little bit not too much. More of a matte clean look.

WhiteLaramie2020

Reaction score
I use the Black Magic tire wet and apply it with a tire dressing applicator so its more a matte look. If you spray it on leaves a shiny glossy look. Also, it stays on and doesn't sling all over the vehicle the first time you drive it.

shrubs2000

Reaction score
I've been using chemical guys VRP with an applicator from Amazon

Attachments

• 61JMaPElNhL._SL1000_.jpg
    61JMaPElNhL._SL1000_.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 42
  • 51apbn1v2lL._SL1000_.jpg
    51apbn1v2lL._SL1000_.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 39

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like griot's rubber and vinyl dressing in the spray bottle. Doesn't leave a crazy shine but they look really nice. also has UV protection, so does adam's VRT

rotts4u

Reaction score
I have been using CarPro PERL diluted per the label and really like it so far. I keep trying to load an image but they are all too big

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Been using Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire Coating for years. The aerosol fine mist, not the foam. This product is nice for tires that have aggressive side lugs. Leaves a nice shine, not over the top gloss and doesn't fling provided you give it a little time to set up. Be sure to wipe off rims with something like glass cleaner after application.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was using some tire finishing products but I was constantly battling excessive browning (most likely due to the cheap products I was using). So, most recently I am just doing a good degreaser scrub of the tire wall, using a aluminum cleaner for the wheels and basically running the matte look without any finishing product. I actually like the look and I have been able to manage avoiding the browning I was experiencing before.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
I've been using chemical guys VRP with an applicator from Amazon
Been using this for the past 6 months after using spray on for years. Don’t think I’ll ever buy a different kind. keeps the wheels from getting overspray and having to wipe down again. Also saves my asphalt from getting “stained”.

I’ll be installing ridge grapplers in the next week, may be a little more difficult to apply with the aggressive sidewalks

No sling and looks great!

Ride2little

Reaction score
I'd advise against using an aluminum cleaner on the wheels. Yes, they are an aluminum alloy. However, they are a painted surface. You should treat them as you would regular paint. After time, the alu cleaner will strip (essentially sand) the clear finish, making them more dull and difficult to keep clean.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd advise against using an aluminum cleaner on the wheels. Yes, they are an aluminum alloy. However, they are a painted surface. You should treat them as you would regular paint. After time, the alu cleaner will strip (essentially sand) the clear finish, making them more dull and difficult to keep clean.
I generally agree with you, especially with the old school aluminum cleaners. New formulations are out there that will protect the outer coating because they are ph neutral and are not too acidic or alkaline. I use the new Eagle One product and it works great on the tire and wheels.

WhiteLaramie2020

Reaction score
@Truckguy which one would you say goes a longer way with how long it last on the tires and till the bottle goes empty?
It depends on how often you wash the vehicle and what you use to clean the wheels and tires. Using a product like Brake Buster or other quality wheel cleaner (adams/chem guys/whoever else) won't strip the dressing as much as your typical auto parts store cleaners and BB also adds a little bit of corrosion protection to rotors and calipers. Either one is pretty good. If you do a good prep and application the first time its just like any other product just maintenance.

Truckguy

Reaction score
@Truckguy which one would you say goes a longer way with how long it last on the tires and till the bottle goes empty?
I would say you get similar length of durability but the VRP has a little more shine imo if you apply heavy. However the Perl can be diluted and used on plastic trim on the inside. Can’t go wrong with either. There’s another product that some posted about I been wanting to try because of its durability and that’s dura-dressing

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/