5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really do enjoy keeping up with it gives me all kinds of great ways or as my wife says bad ideas to spend money lol but I enjoy it. I’m going to PM you real quick and ask you a question see if you know the answer.
it is really bad ideas to spend money and I don't advise for it lol
I can do what I did only because most things are take-offs from my 4Runner that I put together in 5 years (all the BD on the truck other than the LP6s are take-offs), ARB is also take-off, iCom is also take-off
The rest I got through my shop's distributor or through sales (Black Friday, tax day sale, etc).
I only pay retail price for stuff like NH Overland's mounts and SDHQ mounts (those I forgot to list lol)

I also save on labor because I'm a technician and I get to work on my own truck afterhours on weekends for stuff that I need a lift. I did my wiring and all other stuff that doesn't need a lift at home.

Last edited:

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The fact that it's two-tone and RAM came out during 22 production and said they're not making two-tone Laramies. I like the "tacticool" look but wanted to be different so I ordered a two-tone and they still ended up making it that way. I am in the process of installing the Eibach Pro 2R kit and have since swapped the Fogs for the Diode Dynamic Fogs, Diamondback cover and Randyellis bracket for the Diode Dynamics bar in the front. Ram Airflow Intake and Borla S-Type Exhaust.
nice honda!

yellowboy

Reaction score
The sad part is that we are even talking about doing this (A/C clamping) on a $ 60,000 plus truck to get cold air - pathetic. I can see me telling the person I sell the truck to "o yeah if you want cold air you have to open the hood and turn this valve....." , I'll probaly just do a "we buy any car" ----no explanation needed.

Hey, he said he wants to see “what sets your RAM apart” from other trucks. Not what makes you like all the other trucks😜😂.

Sorry for your troubles. That just isn’t right…
I'm laughing because these "trucks" are a joke, not sure if I am replacing it soon, may wait till prices come down, but definitely before the drive train warranty expires. No way chancing it as it burning oil - 36,000 miles !

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's the only one like it, and if someone copies it, for $125.00 I can change the decals to lime green! :LOL:
View attachment 157483 View attachment 157484 View attachment 157485
That’s a good look I really like the contrast between the red and black throughout the truck that’s clean! Been wanting to change my decals to something other than Chrome but I can’t decide what color as mine is Billet Silver. I was thinking all black but seems A LOT of people do the all black. So, I was thinking of doing black and white as I am about to install a light bar with White and Amber DRL’s, 2 pods with White and Amber DRL’s, and a white led strip under the hood.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm laughing because these "trucks" are a joke, not sure if I am replacing it soon, may wait till prices come down, but definitely before the drive train warranty expires. No way chancing it as it burning oil - 36,000 miles !
I mean every manufacturer has defects doesn’t matter how much you spend, how well you take care of it, or how little you spend. That’s one of the biggest complaints I see I spent XXXX amount of dollars on this truck/car nothing should ever go wrong. I’ll say this much it’s better than a Ford or Chevy I’ve had both and quality control is not there thing.

Dschmid37

Reaction score
That’s a good look I really like the contrast between the red and black throughout the truck that’s clean! Been wanting to change my decals to something other than Chrome but I can’t decide what color as mine is Billet Silver. I was thinking all black but seems A LOT of people do the all black. So, I was thinking of doing black and white as I am about to install a light bar with White and Amber DRL’s, 2 pods with White and Amber DRL’s, and a white led strip under the hood.
Thanks TheLegend ! Yes I really liked the look on the Ram "Red Edition" model but hated the parentheses and trademark on the door badges. I mean.....why? There are lot's of decal colors and styles available that would look good on the Billet, and if you don't care for it once it's on, it's easy and relatively cheap to try something else or just remove them.
1682611183037.png 🤨

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks TheLegend ! Yes I really liked the look on the Ram "Red Edition" model but hated the parentheses and trademark on the door badges. I mean.....why? There are lot's of decal colors and styles available that would look good on the Billet, and if you don't care for it once it's on, it's easy and relatively cheap to try something else or just remove them.
View attachment 157495 🤨
One of the reasons I’ve never pulled the trigger on mine is because I wasn’t sure how to take them off is it just simple trim tool and they come off or is there clamps holding them on?

Lol… I never even noticed that 🤢

Dschmid37

Reaction score
One of the reasons I’ve never pulled the trigger on mine is because I wasn’t sure how to take them off is it just simple trim tool and they come off or is there clamps holding them on?

Lol… I never even noticed that 🤢
What I have are automotive grade vinyl decals that stick right on top of the factory "Badges". You don't remove anything. You'll see a "chrome" edge around yours which is a cool look also. All my badges were black because I bought the Night Edition.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What I have are automotive grade vinyl decals that stick right on top of the factory "Badges". You don't remove anything. You'll see a "chrome" edge around yours which is a cool look also. All my badges were black because I bought the Night Edition.
Who did you get your vinyl overlay from?

Reaction score
I’ll throw my 2 cents in! My Longhorn tends to stand out locally already in stock form, I’ve yet to see another Longhorn in my slice of Ohio with the MFT in the 2+ years I’ve had mine. Despite that, I still had to put my spin on it to really make it “mine.” In terms of mods, I’m all about subtle changes that could pass as factory options to the average Joe. The vast majority of my mod list is in my signature. The photos aren’t up to date but they’re some of my favorites. Since these photos were taken I’ve added paint matched hood and tailgate badges from RetroShop, Diode Dynamics HitchMount C1R+Brake light pod, AWE 0FG catback with polished tips, and Core 4x4 rear endlinks powder coated orange.
1682625944443.jpeg
1682626005019.jpeg
1682626291852.jpeg

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get the overlays from theoverlayguy.com. Fellow Ram owner.
Just bought the complete kit from him I’m excited! Think it should look good I went with Matt Black to go with the Chrome around. So, TheOverlayGuy thank you very much. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread