5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll throw my 2 cents in! My Longhorn tends to stand out locally already in stock form, I’ve yet to see another Longhorn in my slice of Ohio with the MFT in the 2+ years I’ve had mine. Despite that, I still had to put my spin on it to really make it “mine.” In terms of mods, I’m all about subtle changes that could pass as factory options to the average Joe. The vast majority of my mod list is in my signature. The photos aren’t up to date but they’re some of my favorites. Since these photos were taken I’ve added paint matched hood and tailgate badges from RetroShop, Diode Dynamics HitchMount C1R+Brake light pod, AWE 0FG catback with polished tips, and Core 4x4 rear endlinks powder coated orange.
View attachment 157511
View attachment 157515
View attachment 157516
Nice ride I’ve always loved the Ivory White paint…love the pictures also but I do have two questions for you.

1. Your sequential side mirrors what brand did you get?
2. How are you liking the AWE 0FG? I’ve been debating getting it for months bow

Reaction score
Nice ride I’ve always loved the Ivory White paint…love the pictures also but I do have two questions for you.

1. Your sequential side mirrors what brand did you get?
2. How are you liking the AWE 0FG? I’ve been debating getting it for months bow
1.)The side mirror turn signals came off of Amazon (the brand is Mingrui), I’ve included a link to them below as well as a photo with them lit. When I got mine they only had smoked lenses but they now have clear as well. I’ve had mine installed for over nine months with no issues and have been happy with them so far.
1682635991489.jpeg
2Pcs Ram 1500 Amber Sequential Blink Dynamic LED Side Mirror Marker Lights for Dodge Ram 1500 2019-2022 Blinker Indicator Turn Signal Light Smoked Lens https://a.co/d/24SGTpe

2.) I’ve only had AWE 0FG setup installed for about three weeks now, but I absolutely love it so far! It’s exactly what I was looking for, quiet while cruising but will wake up at WOT. Cold start is also pretty loud but quiets down drastically after about 30 seconds to a minute. I had a B2 Fabrication oval muffler with stock resonators prior to the 0FG, I was on the fence for quite awhile about upgrading to a full catback but finally found an excuse when I had an exhaust leak somewhere after the muffler flange that I couldn’t find for the life of me. I would say the AWE is much quieter while cruising and when MDS is active compared to the B2 Fab muffler. I do have some drone under certain conditions with MDS on though. Fit and finish is bar none, plus the level of adjustability allows me to get everything positioned exactly where I want to satisfy my OCD. My average mpg has gone down slightly over the past few weeks though, I seem to have a hard time keeping my foot off the accelerator now ever since the 0FG was put on 🤣

Last edited:

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1.)The side mirror turn signals came off of Amazon (the brand is Mingrui), I’ve included a link to them below as well as a photo with them lit. When I got mine they only had smoked lenses but they now have clear as well. I’ve had mine installed for over nine months with no issues and have been happy with them so far.
View attachment 157531
2Pcs Ram 1500 Amber Sequential Blink Dynamic LED Side Mirror Marker Lights for Dodge Ram 1500 2019-2022 Blinker Indicator Turn Signal Light Smoked Lens https://a.co/d/24SGTpe

2.) I’ve only had AWE 0FG setup installed for about three weeks now, but I absolutely love it so far! It’s exactly what I was looking for, quiet while cruising but will wake up at WOT. Cold start is also pretty loud but quiets down drastically after about 30 seconds to a minute. I had a B2 Fabrication oval muffler with stock resonators prior to the 0FG, I was on the fence for quite awhile about upgrading to a full catback but finally found an excuse when I had an exhaust leak somewhere after the muffler flange that I couldn’t find for the life of me. I would say the AWE is much quieter while cruising and when MDS is active compared to the B2 Fab muffler. I do have some drone under certain conditions with MDS on though. Fit and finish is bar none, plus the level of adjustability allows me to get everything positioned exactly where I want to satisfy my OCD. My average mpg has gone down slightly over the past few weeks though, I seem to have a hard time keeping my foot off the accelerator now ever since the 0FG was put on 🤣
Nice I have them in my Amazon checkout now so you had no problems with the plug it fit perfectly with the male OEM plug? I was reading another thread that people said they had some issues with some they bought.

I’ve been going back and forth between the AWE OFG and the ATAK catback systems. It’s so hard to tel over video and no one here has them I could see in person unfortunately.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice I have them in my Amazon checkout now so you had no problems with the plug it fit perfectly with the male OEM plug? I was reading another thread that people said they had some issues with some they bought.

I’ve been going back and forth between the AWE OFG and the ATAK catback systems. It’s so hard to tel over video and no one here has them I could see in person unfortunately.
These are the ones I used, and have installed two sets on local friends trucks, including one today. Since I got mine

Sequential LED Side Mirror Marker... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3N47QVW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Reaction score

The mirror lights were plug and play for me, I had zero problems installing them. It’s not the greatest, but I did take a photo of the plug hooked up before reinstalling the mirror cap. I did wrap the plug with some electrical tape as a precaution after taking the photo, just make sure you have the plug tucked in to the mirror frame if you want to avoid any rattling every time closing the door due to the extra long plug (ask me how I know🤪).
1682649493689.jpeg

For my exhaust, I was in the exact same situation as you where my only option for hearing different systems was via YouTube. I was on the fence between the Borla S-Type and the AWE 0FG. I really liked the sound profile of both from what I heard through my headphones, but what persuaded me to take a shot in the dark and go with AWE was fit and finish and, most importantly, adjustability. I noticed in most of the videos I saw of Borla catback systems the exhaust tips were never aligned properly in the bumper cutouts. I’m very particular about small details on my truck so something like that would absolutely drive me up a wall (I debadged most of my truck all because the Longhorn badge on the tailgate was installed slightly crooked from the factory and just kept going from there 🤣). What impressed me about the AWE 0FG was that not only did the exhaust tips have a ball flange connection just like the OEM exhaust tips, the exhaust tips were separate from said ball flange pipe. As far as I know no one else has this layout on any other catback system for our trucks. This will allow you to not only position the tips within the bumper cutouts where you want but also how far you want the them to stick out from the bumper. When I say you can get the exhaust tips positioned exactly where you want them, I mean EXACT! Plus, this setup will make it very easy to clean the tips since you can remove them without losing their position within the bumper cutout.

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got the sequential mirror lights in my wish list... just been too chicken to pry the glass out of my mirrors.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The mirror lights were plug and play for me, I had zero problems installing them. It’s not the greatest, but I did take a photo of the plug hooked up before reinstalling the mirror cap. I did wrap the plug with some electrical tape as a precaution after taking the photo, just make sure you have the plug tucked in to the mirror frame if you want to avoid any rattling every time closing the door due to the extra long plug (ask me how I know🤪).
View attachment 157546

For my exhaust, I was in the exact same situation as you where my only option for hearing different systems was via YouTube. I was on the fence between the Borla S-Type and the AWE 0FG. I really liked the sound profile of both from what I heard through my headphones, but what persuaded me to take a shot in the dark and go with AWE was fit and finish and, most importantly, adjustability. I noticed in most of the videos I saw of Borla catback systems the exhaust tips were never aligned properly in the bumper cutouts. I’m very particular about small details on my truck so something like that would absolutely drive me up a wall (I debadged most of my truck all because the Longhorn badge on the tailgate was installed slightly crooked from the factory and just kept going from there 🤣). What impressed me about the AWE 0FG was that not only did the exhaust tips have a ball flange connection just like the OEM exhaust tips, the exhaust tips were separate from said ball flange pipe. As far as I know no one else has this layout on any other catback system for our trucks. This will allow you to not only position the tips within the bumper cutouts where you want but also how far you want the them to stick out from the bumper. When I say you can get the exhaust tips positioned exactly where you want them, I mean EXACT! Plus, this setup will make it very easy to clean the tips since you can remove them without losing their position within the bumper cutout.
That’s a really good selling point I first was all about the AWE OFG I may go down that road myself. After I save a little more money… thanks to my lack of self control and this forum. Lol 😂

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got the sequential mirror lights in my wish list... just been too chicken to pry the glass out of my mirrors.
Get a suction from harbor freight. $4.
Adjust mirror to be straight. Attach. Pull gently straight out. Once off there is a tire screw to get mirror cap off. Search this site, several threads on removing mirror caps.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not that hard as long as you pry in the right spot. I just did the third install yesterday using a screwdriver to pry the mirror off. I'd be worried about ripping wires using suction cup.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not that hard as long as you pry in the right spot. I just did the third install yesterday using a screwdriver to pry the mirror off. I'd be worried about ripping wires using suction cup.
I do the same thing flathead gets it out no problem every time done it twice no issues. Suction cup pull in the wrong spot crack pull to hard rip the wires.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
With the suction cup you can pull down and out so that you are doing the same thing that y’all mentioned doing with the screwdriver just over a larger area of the mirror

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the suction cup you can pull down and out so that you are doing the same thing that y’all mentioned doing with the screwdriver just over a larger area of the mirror
To each their own I know a lot of people who do the suction cup method and end up breaking something more than I’ve heard anyone breaking from doing it with a flathead (and it worked for me REALLY easy twice some I’m partial). Lol, there is an entire thread pretty much people talking about this so…

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
me and my brother both have 5th gen ram.we remove the mirrors today on our rams.they came off a little tough.but we got them off.no issues (cracked mirror)what we used was a simple suction cup he got from harbor frieght🥳..and yes it works well with the "BoosterAutopart"🥳

Attachments

• 20230513_111924.jpg
    20230513_111924.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 20230513_180534.jpg
    20230513_180534.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 20230513_130835.jpg
    20230513_130835.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 61

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My kids are right there too. My oldest's 1st birthday party was camping. 😁

RAM_Davis

Reaction score
My kids are right there too. My oldest's 1st birthday party was camping. 😁
My boy just turned 1 on Friday :). #2 boy is on the way in January. How are you liking the SyneticUSA retractable cover? Seems like a great deal and only a bit more than many hard tri-folds. It's 5% off right now so comes out to like $806 plus tax, free shipping on Amazon.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My boy just turned 1 on Friday :). #2 boy is on the way in January. How are you liking the SyneticUSA retractable cover? Seems like a great deal and only a bit more than many hard tri-folds. It's 5% off right now so comes out to like $806 plus tax, free shipping on Amazon.

I absolutely love. Best cover option I've had. I would definitely recommend. The Bedrug XLT is a great companion.

So much better than the unistrut rails with my rollup cover leaning against a wall in the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread