5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What just fell off my truck?

BobK

Reaction score
OK, well it didn't really fall OFF.... I had the driver side door open and saw a piece of foam inside the front left fender. Was not attached to anything and just pulled right out from the top with the hood open :
1618774920547.png
Looking in the Right door side, you can see another one that is held on with a plate in the middle of it:
1618775367380.png
Looks like on the driver side they did not attach it with the plate and it was just loose in there. Looks like it just help prevent air from the engine area passing through there?
Cant get it back on without the fender coming off I believe and to go to the dealer and have them take the fender off, etc. I dont know if its worth it or if I want to take the chance on them scratching or screwing something else up.
Anyone know exactly what this does and wanting to know what you think about going through the hassle of the dealer putting it back on or just leave it off and forget about it?
Thanks!

Last edited:

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Reaction score
Appears to be a fender blocker mucket. Used for sealing front door to front body hinge pillar.

Yes, I just looked that up (68291631AA). 🧐

If I didn't think I could reinstall it myself, I'd take it in.

Last edited:

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No big deal. You should be able to slide it back down the gap between fender and cowl. Just a noise reducing piece of foam they stick in there. I have a loose one on one side.

BobK

Reaction score
Thanks! It was completly just loose floating in there. shoving it back in, it would just be loose in there again. Its suppose to have a plate holding it in place like the right side but does not look like i can do that without removing the fender.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! It was completly just loose floating in there. shoving it back in, it would just be loose in there again. Its suppose to have a plate holding it in place like the right side but does not look like i can do that without removing the fender.
Ya I know but don't worry about it. Just shove a little extra piece of styrofoam in there with it to tighten it up against the sides so it doesn't flop around. It's not worth taking fender off for this.

Dewright

Reaction score
OK, well it didn't really fall OFF.... I had the driver side door open and saw a piece of foam inside the front left fender. Was not attached to anything and just pulled right out from the top with the hood open :
View attachment 90241
Looking in the Right door side, you can see another one that is held on with a plate in the middle of it:
View attachment 90243
Looks like on the driver side they did not attach it with the plate and it was just loose in there. Looks like it just help prevent air from the engine area passing through there?
Cant get it back on without the fender coming off I believe and to go to the dealer and have them take the fender off, etc. I dont know if its worth it or if I want to take the chance on them scratching or screwing something else up.
Anyone know exactly what this does and wanting to know what you think about going through the hassle of the dealer putting it back on or just leave it off and forget about it?
Thanks!
I have had this piece out myself looking for a water leak. It is easily accessible if you are willing to take the fender liner out.

BobK

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info! If its just for noise reduction and i believe its been like that (loose and laying in there) since November when i got the truck, i will hold onto it but its not worth the work to me or going to the dealer for a piece of foam. :)

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info! If its just for noise reduction and i believe its been like that (loose and laying in there) since November when i got the truck, i will hold onto it but its not worth the work to me or going to the dealer for a piece of foam. :)
Well if you ever have to have any other warranty work done...

Users who are viewing this thread