5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this sorcery???

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Just came across a Ram ad on my fb feed... looks like just the inner LED lights on the low-beam are on... what is this??? Can I do that too?

Screenshot_20210409-215700_Facebook.jpg

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The outer LED DRL are on, it's just the way the picture is. But yes you can turn the outer lights off in the TazerDT.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
The outer LED DRL are on, it's just the way the picture is. But yes you can turn the outer lights off in the TazerDT.
I'm taking about this light:
Screenshot_20210409-215700_Facebook.jpg

The low beam has 2 light modules that creat a rectangle when on:
2019_ram_1500_rebel_25.jpg

You can definitely see in the first picture that only the inner module is on and it looks like a small square

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If, indeed, this is a photograph. It wouldn’t surprise me if the image is computer generated.

I would not be surprised by that but also wonder if that is a setting that could be changed in the Tazer?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I would not be surprised by that but also wonder if that is a setting that could be changed in the Tazer?
I have AlfaOBD.. better than Tazer... I hope it's something I can do, I really liked it haha

kenthelawnguy

Reaction score
is this not the driving lights that can be turned on for daytime driving through your settings?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
is this not the driving lights that can be turned on for daytime driving through your settings?
Yes, These are the low beams... same light actually(Daytime Running Lights)...
But when you turn the low beams on(or the DRLs) it turns both modules on, As shown here:
s-l50011.jpg

In the picture, Just the center module is on...
s-l50012.jpg

I've never seen just the center module on, it's always both of them that are on...

bpwj76

Reaction score
What I want to know is if there is a way to make the top and bottom accent LED's bright like they are when remote start is active. When the headlights are on, they are dim. When you deactivate the DRL's, in the daytime, they stay on and are slightly brighter (I think) than they are when the headlights are on. Then they are bright when you remote start.

So it seems that the accent lights have 3 levels of brightness. I want to make them the highest level of brightness, like when remote start is used, during the day when headlights are off.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, These are the low beams... same light actually(Daytime Running Lights)...
But when you turn the low beams on(or the DRLs) it turns both modules on, As shown here:
View attachment 89532

In the picture, Just the center module is on...
View attachment 89533

I've never seen just the center module on, it's always both of them that are on...
Have you (or anyone else) witnessed this behavior in person? Those headlight part numbers are the same for 2019-2021, and the wiring to those headlights is the same on The schematics across those years. I have the BCM configurations of a 21 rebel and a 19 rebel, and when comparing the DRL configuration settings, they are the same. That only leaves that maybe it’s a rendering picture that displays the lights incorrectly.

Users who are viewing this thread