5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What have you spent on customization?

How much have you spent on accessories/customization?

• Less than $100

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • $100-249

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $250-$499

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • $500-$999

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • $1,000-$2,499

Votes: 31 29.8%
  • $2,500-$4,999

Votes: 31 29.8%
  • Over $5,000

Votes: 34 32.7%

• Total voters

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
any chance you know the part number for the foam cup holder? we came from a Ford and one of the first things my wife noticed was the passenger door didn't have a bottle holder...

I have it at work, I can post it Mon … A search on Ebay will give ya a bunch of hits as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've had almost 3 years to spend what I did. In order of cost:

- "sport" wheels and michelin defender tires
- morimoto hybrid headlights
- side steps
- tazer dt
- banks pedal monster
- hellwig swaybar

Tried and removed:
- sumo springs
- airlift 1000 hd

Not as much as some, but I'll get there. Seriously considering next upgrades for performance, including cam + heads and long tubes or shorties.

I also sense a pattern here: the 2 most expensive items on my list have also been the most enjoyed. Think the stars are telling me: spend more, enjoy more.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Man I don’t like this thread, you guys are making me feel like I’ve spent too much 😂 This stuff adds up quick! The first $10k happened fast. The rest has been a little slower lol it’s all the details

NavyChief

Reaction score
Yea prolly need to add another couple tiers to the poll lol. I’ve got 5500 just in the bed alone not counting my tailgate project which is coming in at 1200 or so and climbing.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea prolly need to add another couple tiers to the poll lol. I’ve got 5500 just in the bed alone not counting my tailgate project which is coming in at 1200 or so and climbing.
I seriously want to know what you did to your bed that cost you that much 🤔

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just this morning on our way to get coffee, my wife said “It sits pretty low, like a 2WD …. Can ya lift it a little ?” …. That’s why we’ve been married 36 years !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TVANVA

Reaction score
So, what to do if your better half won't fall for the "I won it at the tournament" pitch......

I used an economic rationalization.

I bought a Big Horn because it had the best discounts and incentives, even though I wanted some Laramie and up features.

For example leather seating, so I installed Katzkin myself, I bought aftermarket tires and wheels for about the same price as the 20" factory upgrade (then sold the 18" wheels/tires when the truck arrived).

So I did spend in the neighborhood of 4K, but I had saving in place because of the Big Horn purchase, and I didn't have the added cost of financing all the features up front.

So for the rationalization............"technically".........I didn't spend anything on customization.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, what to do if your better half won't fall for the "I won it at the tournament" pitch......

I used an economic rationalization.

I bought a Big Horn because it had the best discounts and incentives, even though I wanted some Laramie and up features.

For example leather seating, so I installed Katzkin myself, I bought aftermarket tires and wheels for about the same price as the 20" factory upgrade (then sold the 18" wheels/tires when the truck arrived).

So I did spend in the neighborhood of 4K, but I had saving in place because of the Big Horn purchase, and I didn't have the added cost of financing all the features up front.

So for the rationalization............"technically".........I didn't spend anything on customization.
I get that rational thrown at me every time my wife "SAVES" $25 simply by spending $250. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread