5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does everyone do for a living?

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Railcar Maintenance and Welding Engineer.

studied Mech. Eng. (bachelor of science)

worked at Navistar (International Semis)
Northrop Grumman doing aerospace engineering (satellite design)
now workin in the rail industry and focusing more on welding as that is a passion of mine.

got my CWI last year and am also certified to weld structural plate all position SMAW.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Multi-unit manager for Panera Bread. I oversee Bakery Operations in 17 bakery-cafes from Pensacola to North Tampa. Lots of driving in my new Ram.

ben b

Reaction score
I am a retired Electrical Engineer.

I love cars for how they are designed. Bought a Mustang 5.0 back in 1988 because it was a great realization of American muscle car--what a wonderful car! I was privileged to buy an Audi A8 in '97 because of the way the car blended luxury with drivability. Also was fotunate to buy a Porsche 911 in 2008 because it was an incredibly well balanced sports car that could be driven every day.

Now I'm waiting for my Ram 1500 Longhorn Limited, ordered 2/28. The RAM engineers have blended a true brawny pickup with a luxury ride. It is an inspired feat of American Engineering. Even more impressive is that the production side can turn out hundreds of thousands every year. Just wish they would hurry up and get mine built.

Last edited:

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I am Disabled which forced my early retirement from banking. But was in banking for 35 yrs. Held national level job at top 5 size bank. But I too come from a blue collar family. Dad grew up on a “dirt” farm as he called it, 2 yrs in military and then went to work for att for 44 years. He taught me how to do a lot of home projects on my own.

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
I am a retired Electrical Engineer.

I love cars for how they are designed. Bought a Mustang 5.0 back in 1988 because it was a great realization of American muscle car--what a wonderful car! I was privileged to buy an Audi A8 in '97 because of the way the car blended luxury with drivability. Also was fotunate to buy a Porsche 911 in 2008 because it was an incredibly well balanced sports car that could be driven every day.

Now I'm waiting for my Ram 1500 Longhorn Limited, ordered 2/28. The RAM engineers have blended a true brawny pickup with a luxury ride. It is an inspired feat of American Engineering. Even more impressive is that the production side can turn out hundreds of thousands every year. Just wish they would hurry up and get mine built.
Curious to see what engine you went with? Etorque?

ben b

Reaction score
Curious to see what engine you went with? Etorque?
Went with the 6 cylinder eTorque. My biggest use for the Ram will be to toss 2 bicycles in the back and drive to National Parks and such. Since retirement I put more miles on my bikes than on my car. The Ram is a wonderful touring machine. May wish to tow a light trailer, but wife prefers hotel/motels. Since she supported the truck purchase, I figure I shouldn't force her into a camping life. So no need for the 5.7 or diesel.

brenan00

Reaction score
Recently retired from Siemens-Healthcare, I fixed/maintained MRI's, ultrasound, and nuclear medicine systems in hospitals and doctors office as a customer service engineer. I started with Wang Labs in the early 80's and was laid off (best thing that ever happened to me) in the early 90's working the financial district in SF. The first decent job was fixing Wang equipment third party for the state of Hawaii, did that for 1 year and found a job with a small ultrasound company (2K employees) Acuson. 9 years later Acuson was bought by Siemens (340 million employees at the time 495 million). It was a good 40 year career.

Users who are viewing this thread