5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does everyone do for a living?

Reaction score
I am a Security, Health and Safety Manager for a Fortune 500 global logistics company. We operate a few distribution centers in the GTA and I handle corporate security and run the health & safety programs. I also investigate cargo theft, anything leaving or coming into Ontario that has an issue lands on my desk.

To keep busy in the evenings / weekends I volunteer with St. John Ambulance as the Honours and Awards Chair, the City of Mississauga's Road Safety Committee and sit on the Operations Board of the Sound of Music Festival in Burlington.

Love this thread! Trying to keep a mental note of who does what....

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I am a Security, Health and Safety Manager for a Fortune 500 global logistics company. We operate a few distribution centers in the GTA and I handle corporate security and run the health & safety programs. I also investigate cargo theft, anything leaving or coming into Ontario that has an issue lands on my desk.

To keep busy in the evenings / weekends I volunteer with St. John Ambulance as the Honours and Awards Chair, the City of Mississauga's Road Safety Committee and sit on the Operations Board of the Sound of Music Festival in Burlington.

Love this thread! Trying to keep a mental note of who does what....

I love Grand Theft Auto area!

DLT123

Reaction score
USAF, retire in 16 months. Have NO clue what I want to do after other than GTFO of Oklahoma, lol.
I can relate. Recovered 3rd Herder here! After 9 years of active duty, I went Palace Chase and joined the Virginia ANG for another 6 years. Sadly, my squadron lost one of our airmen in the Murrah building bombing while I was there. I believe she was just 19 years old.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am IT professional for a fortune 500 tissue/hygiene company, a Captain on Harrison Fire Rescue (burb of Appleton,WI), and tv reseller for fun. Originally from "DA UP" - the part of Michigan that some people forget exists on maps.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
Offshore drilling. Currently a Cyber Driller on a 6th Gen Drillship. We are drilling off the coast of Georgetown, Guyana, South America. Most wells were drill are in 4,500-6,000 ft of water. Usually work 4 weeks on/4 weeks off. But, due to pandemic, I’m home for 32 days, quarantine in Houston, TX for 14 days, and then 7 weeks on the rig ! Working 7 weeks straight, 12-13 hrs a day, will drain a man! I don’t care who you are. But, I’m very lucky to still be working. DRILL BABY DRILL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm an institutional maintenence guy, electrician, detention locksmith, boiler operator, ddc building controls, hydronic and refrigeration hvac, and anything else that might break or otherwise need fixin. It's never boring.

That sounds like "Jack of all trades" but master of none..lol Just kidding. That is a lot of things.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Offshore drilling. Currently a Cyber Driller on a 6th Gen Drillship. We are drilling off the coast of Georgetown, Guyana, South America. Most wells were drill are in 4,500-6,000 ft of water. Usually work 4 weeks on/4 weeks off. But, due to pandemic, I’m home for 32 days, quarantine in Houston, TX for 14 days, and then 7 weeks on the rig ! Working 7 weeks straight, 12-13 hrs a day, will drain a man! I don’t care who you are. But, I’m very lucky to still be working. DRILL BABY DRILL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang in there buddy. I did 6-7 12s for a yr straight. I know the struggle!

cervelo15

Reaction score
Clinical/Rev Apps and Support Expert (aka Subject Matter Expert) for a local hospital IT department. I build and program the OR and Anesthesia clinical documentation systems and hold dual-certification in OR/Anesthesia Epic EMR applications.

Users who are viewing this thread