5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does everyone do for a living?

MechEng

Reaction score
Since there was some woodworking interest in this thread, here’s a quick video of the last gate project I finished.

Camelot

Reaction score
Automotive press shop automation and die design. (Did F150 and Bronco tools to mention a few)

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
One of the IT supervisors in a company that does autonomous driving systems for agriculture, various plastic films, radar systems, and aerospace balloons. (Yup, quite diverse. Lots of IT challenges.) Loooooong ways from retirement.
Raytheon ?

Brunzca

Reaction score
Project Manager in Corporate America, aka "Professional Cat Herder And Jill Of All Trades".
Similar, but with a slightly different title - "Process Designer". So, "Jack of All Trades" in my case, fits well. I do literally design processes and procedures for multiple lines of business within the company, but Project Management is a major component of my job, as is risk identification/mitigation, Agile planning, SIT/UAT testing, corporate communications, and any other number of things.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Aerospace Engineer, defense industry (one of the big contractors). Prior to that (and prior to finishing my degree), was Air Force for 10 years.
Sounds like a cool job. My son just started working for Raytheon last year! Loves the line of work he is in.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like a cool job. My son just started working for Raytheon last year! Loves the line of work he is in.
Yea I enjoy it.

Also Raytheon is a good company for those just starting out. They were my first engineering job, lots of good mentors and great pay for new grads. I (and my wife) just didn't care for living in Tucson so we moved back to the homeland (TX).

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m so jealous of all you guys who seemed to have loved your jobs. Is it hindsight? I dread going in every day!!! I’ll be 50 in September so I got 10-12 years left. Yesterday I was chopping concrete all day. Humid as a MF. that’s what I get for not going to college🤔

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m so jealous of all you guys who seemed to have loved your jobs. Is it hindsight? I dread going in every day!!! I’ll be 50 in September so I got 10-12 years left. Yesterday I was chopping concrete all day. Humid as a MF. that’s what I get for not going to college🤔
I know many college grads I work with that hate their jobs 🤷‍♂️

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I know many college grads I work with that hate their jobs 🤷‍♂️
Sir I didn't go to college and I'm paid very well for what I do for a living, its all how you look at it and what on the job training you can do. don't give up strive to be better and find a better job. even if you have to start off at the bottom a little bit in the beginning what the hell.

My Dad always said keep all your irons in the fire !

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/