5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Direct-fit Muffler should I get?

Hockeydad

Reaction score
I ended up having a Borla pro xs installed $85 for the muffler and $80 installed so $165 total and all welded.

sotosbighorn

Reaction score
This seems to be what I'm looking for. My last truck I did a cat-back but don't really want to spend a lot of $ modifying a brand new truck. And I don't want to loose my stock black exhaust tips! Anyone have a sound or video clip of the FlowFX?
I also went with the flowfx and it’s the perfect blend of sound.

kipeharris

Reaction score
I ended up having a Borla pro xs installed $85 for the muffler and $80 installed so $165 total and all welded.

Talk to me about your thoughts on the Borla Pro XS. I have been doing some looking around and I think this is what I am leaning towards. What are your likes/dislikes? Anything you would change etc...

KRField

Reaction score
Talk to me about your thoughts on the Borla Pro XS. I have been doing some looking around and I think this is what I am leaning towards. What are your likes/dislikes? Anything you would change etc...

I know this wasn’t pointed to me, but at 700 miles I put this on. I am breaking 70k by Monday. This is the perfect all around muffler IMHO. Zero drone wether cruising around town, highway, or towing. It sounds best towing and cruising under load. It adds enough to sound like a V8 should. Sometimes I get the itch for the ATAK. But then remember how obnoxious that style is early mornings and on long trips ( had a mustang with full exhaust; headers, x pipe, and SLP Loudmouth). Very satisfied with it. I even had a guy follow me home to ask about it after romping past him. Actually thought I pissed him off and he wanted to tell me about it.

View attachment 54640
View attachment 54641

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sp13

Reaction score
I know this wasn’t pointed to me, but at 700 miles I put this on. I am breaking 70k by Monday. This is the perfect all around muffler IMHO. Zero drone wether cruising around town, highway, or towing. It sounds best towing and cruising under load. It adds enough to sound like a V8 should. Sometimes I get the itch for the ATAK. But then remember how obnoxious that style is early mornings and on long trips ( had a mustang with full exhaust; headers, x pipe, and SLP Loudmouth). Very satisfied with it. I even had a guy follow me home to ask about it after romping past him. Actually thought I pissed him off and he wanted to tell me about it.

View attachment 54640
View attachment 54641

Do you still have the resonators on? I want to go with this muffler too, but I'm trying to decide on keeping the resonators or not.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

KRField

Reaction score
Do you still have the resonators on? I want to go with this muffler too, but I'm trying to decide on keeping the resonators or not.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yes i do for now. If you keep them be sure to plug the wheel holes. If not it sounds like dookie idling.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Be careful with Flowmaster. Not the greatest quality and the mufflers are mainly aluminized steel and will rust out unlike those made of T409SS or T304SS. If you don't plan to keep your truck long, then it's a non issue and the next guys problem.

Truckguy

Reaction score
I got the B2 Magnaflow muffler and I absolutely love it. It's the perfect sound, just what I was looking for. Not too loud and zero drone.
do you have any sound clips of your exhaust?

Truckguy

Reaction score

View attachment 54640
View attachment 54641

do you have a sound clip of your exhaust?

kipeharris

Reaction score
I would like some sound clips of different exhaust from inside the cab with daily driving... We all know the muffler will be loud when the camera is next to the tail pipes and when the accelerator is on the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread